Traded Bryce Gibbs [traded to Adelaide] - (cont. in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Would they still need him??

The argument that they wouldn't go for him if they won the flag this year makes little sense to me.

Things change week on week, let alone year on year. If they win the flag in 2017 do you think they'll be content to sit on their hands and wait for the chasing pack, or would they rather seek ways to improve again and strive to go back to back?

Adding someone like Gibbs would be a huge boost for them in 2018 regardless of what transpires over the remainder of this season.

Pick 18 ain't worth shite in this draft. McGovern is a late 1st/early 2nd. Gibbs will enhance your team even more.
Crows wouldn't give up Gov for Gibbs, let alone throw in a 1st rounder too!

Last edited:
Nah I do think we still need Gibbs to add to our ranks.

Not only will he take a tonne of pressure off of Sloane, which will hopefully help him perform every game rather than just some, but imagine replacing a Mackay, or an out of form Atkins/Douglas with Gibbs. Are we also really going to pin our midfield resurgence on a former basketballer and injury prone junior? That's a very fine line to walk and could seriously bite us in the ass if we aren't careful.

Instantly makes our midfield unit a whole heap better. Our midfield is operating well at the moment yes, but it could still be better, a lot better. Gibbs makes it better.

He's a goal threat, he's a brilliant kick, good tackler, smart footballer and can take a strong contested mark. He's doesn't rely on his athleticism to be an A grade player, and has proven to be quite durable, another bonus people tend to overlook when discussing his age. He can even float across HBF like Boyd in his later years if we really need.

Gibbs is certainly worth chasing again, as he is a class player and brings a lot to our team over various aspects.

Yes Rockliff might come for free, but imo I don't think he's worth adding to our ranks. He doesn't provide us with an edge that we don't already have and isn't as versatile as Gibbs.
Get Gibbs and Rockliff, you guys should be topping up (within reason)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IF Kelly was to nominate us and Gibbs genuinely wants to leave, I could see SOS trading Gibbs for Adelaide's 1st rounder (~17) + an upgrade of picks 2017 or 18.

Picks ~2 and ~17 is fair for Kelly.

IF I can really dream for a moment, and Hopper + Kelly can both be lured (unlikely):

Picks ~2, ~17 and Casboult compo (hopefully ~20)/2018 2nd rounder should suffice.

In any case, surely Adelaide would accept Gibbs for their 1st rounder and a pick upgrade.

Dear Crows,

Gibbs is contracted, pay or he stays.

Have a good day.
Then he stays. Close thread.

No remotely sober club would give up a pick that high for three or so years of a player. The Crows would be lucky to get 50 good games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Bryce Gibbs [traded to Adelaide] - (cont. in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back