Traded Bryce Gibbs [traded to Adelaide] - (cont. in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Is this thread still going......my goodness Adelaide fans are delusional.

Given that half the Carlton posters reckoned we were stupid for not paying 2 firsts plus more because he was the missing piece in a flag tilt you'd think that the thread would just be about to ramp up.

Surely this ship has sailed. Gibbs seems settled and has played arguably his best season in 2017, not to mention is still contracted for another 2 full seasons.

Maybe Adelaide can try recruit him as a Free Agent in 48 months time.

Unless, of course Port enter the race and decide they have use for him.

good luck getting 2 firsts from Port. How does their 2018 first plus Lobbe sound?

Didn't know that, was that part of the Dixon trade?
Whoops, my memory is wrong.

Last year they traded 9, 19, 49 & to Sydney for 14, 17, 31.

Edit, I was right, just wrong trade. Traded their next year's 1st round pick & 67 for 19 & 30 with Brisbane & Gold Coast

So effectively:
In: #14, #17, #30, #31
Out: future 1st round, #9, #49, #67

Last edited:
Shit, 14 and 17 would have been perfect for Gibbs. Oh well, they stuffed up by going to the draft. He'd just about be the difference between 5th and a flag.
I doubt Gibbs would help Port to a flag as they have bigger holes... like a 2nd key forward.

Note I have edited my previous post & I was correct the 1st time that Port have already traded next year's 1st rounder.

I doubt Gibbs would help Port to a flag as they have bigger holes... like a 2nd key forward.

Note I have edited my previous post & I was correct the 1st time that Port have already traded next year's 1st rounder.

Think the guys you're quoting is mocking the carlton fans saying gibbs is crows missing piece and that hed be the difference for port

Gee the Swans midfield were good last night , look like they are once again ready for the pointy end of September .
Looking like Gibbs will stay with CFC now and Lever , McGovern and Cameron could be on the move .
Reid sure has a lot riding on this September ...
It's understandable that the off-season is the highlight of your year. Everybody deserves some joy.

It's understandable that the off-season is the highlight of your year. Everybody deserves some joy.
+1

Thats a depressing statement when you're more excited about October than what happens between April to September.

With the Blues keeping Gibbs they have had less wins in 2017 compared to 2016. Im struggling to see what they gained keeping him, when the two draft picks we offered would have possibly played a part when they contest for finals in 4-5 years time.

+1

Thats a depressing statement when you're more excited about October than what happens between April to September.

With the Blues keeping Gibbs they have had less wins in 2017 compared to 2016. Im struggling to see what they gained keeping him, when the two draft picks we offered would have possibly played a part when they contest for finals in 4-5 years time.
Culture

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watch football games. The value in keeping Gibbs has been obvious.

Carlton have regressed this year compared to last. ie Less wins in 2017 compared to 2016.

Gibbs will play absolutely no part when Carlton plays finals in 4-5 years time. The two draft picks the Crows were offering would have had a far far greater chance of not only being a part of playing finals for you guys but also for your next flag push in 8 years time.

The decision to keep Gibbs cannot be evaluated today by Carlton but in 5 years time when you guys next play finals.

Carlton have regressed this year compared to last. ie Less wins in 2017 compared to 2016.

Gibbs will play absolutely no part when Carlton plays finals in 4-5 years time. The two draft picks the Crows were offering would have had a far far greater chance of not only being a part of playing finals for you guys but also for your next flag push in 8 years time.

The decision to keep Gibbs cannot be evaluated today by Carlton but in 5 years time when you guys next play finals.
G'day Cornesy

Yeah nah. The crows will rue this drafting stuff up NOW. They are behind the other top 4 teams in quality mids. It will cost them in the finals.

Meanwhile Gibbs is providing leadership and mentoring to our young mids and having his best year ever. You are correct that he won't play in our next finals campaign...but he will play a big part in us getting there.

And if you think we have regressed since last year you don't know footy..

Lol you're simply looking at our wins and losses from last year to this year to determine we've gone backwards? Very short sighted.

Yeah nah. The crows will rue this drafting stuff up NOW. They are behind the other top 4 teams in quality mids. It will cost them in the finals.

This was definitely true at the beginning of the year but I honestly don't believe that Adelaide are behind now. The development of the Crouch brothers has been superb and the addition of Greenwood and Douglas (not really an addition but he's reinvigorated himself this year), Adelaide are now on par with the others. It's not a strength but it's no longer a deficiency in my opinion.

And if you think we have regressed since last year you don't know footy..
The development of Curnow and SPS (definitely my favourite player from the 2016 draft) has been very good, so Carlton are probably ahead on that alone, but there are warning signs for me. Carlton are still a little too reliant on the older brigade, I don't think McKay is a legitimate option going forward and I don't think the likes of Fisher, Cunningham and Pickett have the potential to elevate themselves. Docherty is a star but I think he could open up the game a lot more if he was given the license to attack down the corridor. Hopefully you can find another tall forward so Weitering can settle down back. I don't Carlton have regressed but I don't think the season can be classed as a success.

Carlton in 2017

Won only 6 games. Beat injury hit Swans, GWS and Hawks. Also beat Pies, Dons and GCS. Lost 2 games by < 10 points.

Carlton in 2016

Won only 7 games. Beat 6 bottom 8 Clubs and Prelim finalist in Cats. Lost 4 games by < 10 points.

Definitely rate their 2016 season better than in 2017.

In any case the decision to keep Gibbs can only be assessed when they make the finals in 4-5 years time and whether the draft picks on offer to them would have been more fruitful than keeping a player that wont be playing for them in the finals.

This was definitely true at the beginning of the year but I honestly don't believe that Adelaide are behind now. The development of the Crouch brothers has been superb and the addition of Greenwood and Douglas (not really an addition but he's reinvigorated himself this year), Adelaide are now on par with the others. It's not a strength but it's no longer a deficiency in my opinion.

The development of Curnow and SPS (definitely my favourite player from the 2016 draft) has been very good, so Carlton are probably ahead on that alone, but there are warning signs for me. Carlton are still a little too reliant on the older brigade, I don't think McKay is a legitimate option going forward and I don't think the likes of Fisher, Cunningham and Pickett have the potential to elevate themselves. Docherty is a star but I think he could open up the game a lot more if he was given the license to attack down the corridor. Hopefully you can find another tall forward so Weitering can settle down back. I don't Carlton have regressed but I don't think the season can be classed as a success.
I beg to differ. Five RS nominations. Marchbank and Weitering ad KPDs and Charlie as CHF all showing signs of being long term players. Agreed we haven't seen enough of Mckay but big call for you to write him off. I've seen enough of fisher to be confident he will prove you wrong. Time will tell re Pickett and Cuningham but promising signs.

Totally disagree re Adelaides midfield. Can see them getting exposed in September.

s

so the decision can't be evaluated by carlton for 5 years.......
but you can now?

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Bryce Gibbs [traded to Adelaide] - (cont. in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back