Bulldogs VFL

Remove this Banner Ad

The first item on the agenda should be to remove that horrid club song though!!

That horid song hopfully would have been already been erased completely from Williamstowns history.

I will leave you with this knackers.

"Its a grand old flag, its a high flying flag, its the emblem for me and for you,
Its the emblem of, the team we love, the team of the gold and the blue,
Every hearts beats true for the gold and the blue as we sing this song for you, what do we sing,
Should old acquaintance be forgot, keep your eyes on the gold and the blue". :thumbsu:

"Its a grand old flag, its a high flying flag, its the emblem for me and for you,
Its the emblem of, the team we love, the team of the gold and the blue,
Every hearts beats true for the gold and the blue as we sing this song for you, what do we sing,
Should old acquaintance be forgot, keep your eyes on the gold and the blue". :thumbsu:

CARN THE TOWNERS!

I also jumped ship when Collingwood TOOK OVER.

:thumbsu:

BTW, good luck to Port reserves in the Granny next week, they were far too good for my mob yesterday.

Thanks mate, a couple of guys really stood up when the game was there to be one, so hopefully we can play that type of footy against Coburg in the Grand Final.

First thing the Bulldogs should do when they sit down with Williamstown, is suggest they revert back to one of their previous club songs.

I'd also recommend they delete any mention of them wearing Collingwood jumpers like they did on a few occasions in the early days of their alignment.

What a gun, best player i've played with or against(maybe Goddard was better). I was hoping the doggies would pick him up. Actually why don't we get him next year. The kids a freak. He was delisted from the Geelong rookie list because it was the year back from his knee re-con.

He was training with the doggies during pre-season! We should have snapped him up. Hard working inside midfielder, ready made, anyone got Claytons phone number?

(while your at it, go to the North Adelaide football club website and have a look at how massive all there players are...they would beat the doggies in one on ones)

Allen is favourite to win the Magarey medal this year.

Bulldogs Reserves 2008; Word is they will be pushing for Part Alignment with both Weribee and Williamstown after not being happy about some of their players playing VFL 2's during the year.
Could be a battle with the Roos to get the Willi side of things.

North Melbourne had a part alignment with North Ballarat and Tassie this year, and it seems to have worked wonders for them, as it allows them to expose more of their players at senior VFL level.

Certainly worth looking at for the Doggies.

Any chance we might split again between Werribee and Williamstown?
I know the logistical problems that were there when we first tried it are still there but with numbers there is more likelihood our players get run in VFL senior level.

I'd be happy to go watch the Footscray seconds at the New Whitten Oval.

How about you guys?

I don't think the public can actually watch matches until the middle of next year, at least, that's how long it'll be until we can go and watch training according to the Bulldogs website, so I presume it's the same, if not more important, for actual matches. I'd be up for a stand alone team, but can't help but think that we'd get flogged a lot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

reported in werribee banner that the bulldogs have agreed in principle to a 3 year deal with Williamstown (they are awaiting board approval). Werribee are in talks with Kangaroos and Sydney about a possible alignment next year.
It also stats that the Dogs will pay out Werribee for the last year on their contract (this will be offset by Collingwood paying out their last year of the agreement with Willy)

I don't think the public can actually watch matches until the middle of next year, at least, that's how long it'll be until we can go and watch training according to the Bulldogs website, so I presume it's the same, if not more important, for actual matches. I'd be up for a stand alone team, but can't help but think that we'd get flogged a lot.

How is this any different to the AFL team? Has the last 7 weeks already been wiped from the memory bank.

reported in werribee banner that the bulldogs have agreed in principle to a 3 year deal with Williamstown (they are awaiting board approval). Werribee are in talks with Kangaroos and Sydney about a possible alignment next year.
It also stats that the Dogs will pay out Werribee for the last year on their contract (this will be offset by Collingwood paying out their last year of the agreement with Willy)

My source says it was all negotiated with Collingwood and they will pay Werribee direct or indirectly, but they will pay.

According to werribee the dogs are trying to pass the buck for some ordinary trading last year. In the magoos because that is all they were good for.

Aparently a rumour going around that a senior coach at the dogs sent the werribee team sheet/positions to D Cresswell at Tasi late in the year and was found out.

How is this any different to the AFL team? Has the last 7 weeks already been wiped from the memory bank.

No, but I have seen a fair bit of Werribee over the years and they tend to rely on their non-AFL listed players a fair bit, with the exception of a few of our boys, they're generally the top players we have. Last year I suppose was a better example, when we had Hassan, Allan, Gleeson, Robbo etc.

No, but I have seen a fair bit of Werribee over the years and they tend to rely on their non-AFL listed players a fair bit, with the exception of a few of our boys, they're generally the top players we have. Last year I suppose was a better example, when we had Hassan, Allan, Gleeson, Robbo etc.

I agree, and especially last season, without Pods in 2006, Werribee would have struggled, he won games off his own boot so many times.

But, you can have a look at Geelong this season, and are red hot favourites on Sunday to take the VFL flag, perhaps the reasons on the Werribee listed players dominating over the Bulldogs players, perhaps they hold down more important positions on the field, they would train together alot more without the Bulldogs players i would have thought, especialy over the pre-season, plus they all play together all season where's alot of Bulldogs come in & out of the Werribee side.

If we went alone, we'd be ok, and the thought of playing Footscray in the VFL at the Whitten oval from 2009 sounds VERY exciting.

Media Announcement

21 September, 2007
The LeasePlan Western Bulldogs, after significant consultation with the Werribee Football Club, has decided to end its current partnership with Werribee FC at the conclusion of the 2007 season.
The Western Bulldogs will now consider its options in relation to developing an alignment with another VFL club.
The Western Bulldogs would like to acknowledge the outstanding relationship the two clubs have had over the past six years. The achievements that have been made since 2001 would have not have resulted if not for the partnership
The Western Bulldogs are excited about the future and the opportunity to maximise the development of its young players. Western Bulldogs Chief Executive Campbell Rose said “this decision will allow us to move forward into the next phase of our club development. I would like to personally thank Werribee for their support during the alignment and I wish them all the best for the future.”

Bulldogs sever VFL link
22 September 2007 Herald Sun
David Hastie

THE Western Bulldogs have severed ties with VFL affiliate Werribee, ending its six-year association with the club.

The Bulldogs board met yesterday and decided not to see out its contract with the Tigers, which was to run until the end of 2008.

The move comes after Collingwood announced earlier this week it was splitting with its VFL side Williamstown and would establish its own team in the competition.

Despite reports of a rift between the clubs, Bulldogs board member and former player Simon Garlick denied the claims and said the club had left on good terms with Werribee.

He said the club was yet to decide whether it would align itself with another VFL club or follow the Magpies' lead and form a stand-alone side, possibly to be called Footscray. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

The club would consider all options, Garlick said.

"It's about what best suits our development for our playing group," Garlick said last night.

"Geelong has had success going down that path this year but it doesn't necessarily mean you have to go down that path.

"I don't know if it's something that will happen straight away, but it's definitely not beyond the realms of possibility down the track."

The Bulldogs will look at teaming with Williamstown in a bid to maintain its VFL presence in the west.

It will be interesting to see if Williamstown try and regain some independence in 2008 for the 2009 season if the Bulldogs are looking at going it alone.

The 'towners will need to start preparing some of the kids on their list for senior football quicksmart.

I think we will still see about a 14/8 split or thereabouts.. Hard to know how many of their senior list will stick around for a new alignment or look at options elsewhere.

Also, will Brad Gotch leave the Collingwood coaching staff and coach the Seagulls fulltime? I'd imagine the Dogs would be trying to lean on Willy to appoint someone from our own Football dept.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bulldogs VFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back