Play Nice Bye Bye Brad #3 [Locked: BS signs 2-year ext. Aug-2017, tied to NM until end 2020]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They started at exactly the same time. Scott has outperformed him on every objective measure.

You're just another one of these nuffies that kicks the shit out of our coach in pure ignorance of the facts.

Are you sure you don't want to go and support Richmond? We won't hold you back.

Edit: WB beat me to it.
Re-read and think about it!

They started at exactly the same time. Scott has outperformed him on every objective measure.

Well, up until this season yes LTK.

We've never had a double chance under Scott.

Ps; i don't rate Hardwick and i think Tigers out in Prelim (at best) in a very poor AFL year standard wise.

The first sentence.

Oh, and the second.

The third one as well.

Clear now?
First Line are questions
2nd & 3rd started as 'Not sure......', I may or might agree with your response if I used the words would or will.

Again, 'Think about it'.

And Scotts odds to coach the Suns blowing harder than McGregor in the 10th!!

You reckon a coach is irrelevant to success, hence keep banging on about draft picks being the only way to win a flag etc, so why so invested in his (early) extension?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You reckon a coach is irrelevant to success, hence keep banging on about draft picks being the only way to win a flag etc, so why so invested in his (early) extension?
Never posted that - without the cattle a coach can't win a flag - no matter how good they are.

He has never had the cattle to win a flag - a couple of bottom 4 finishes a couple of free agents, TT next year and get Ahern going and he might have that chance.

We haven't had the best player in the comp for 18 years. Would be nice to start 2018 with the best.

I feel like we need to follow the footsteps of pies and tigers (pains me to say) keep the head coach and clean out the rest

But no let's keep everything the exact same and expect different results, sounds exciting

Even if we get Dusty and Kelly not much will change if we spew out the same s***

I've got to call out this thinking... It is like assuming that if a player doesn't show anything in his first few years then he is useless.

Just as players develop, so does the coach. Brad is a much better coach now than he was when we started, and in all likelihood he didn't have the cattle to take us to a premiership. When you compare output with lists that were supposedly more talented than ours at similar stages of development when Brad took over (Richmond, Melbourne for instance) then you can see that North has exceeded expectations.

Culture is good, Media is good, and from what I've seen this year the development has been good.

Change for the sake of change isn't always a great strategy *shrugs*

I'm pretty happy we have put in place some stability for Brad's next tilt at a flag.

Don't know how to feel really, whilst Brad is clearly a good person, I would've been happy for a fresh start as I'm not convinced of him as a gameday coach but I guess compared to Richo and Bucks, Brad has at least got us to 2 prelims.
You could make the argument he didn't really have the real elite talent to take us to the ultimate, just a good honest team.
The team will get even younger the next few years so not sure what the win/loss expectations will be, probably depends on Martin and Kelly decisions.
A very interesting off season awaits with list management decisions, so perhaps some stability at the head coach is required.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo not another extension please I can't bare it . Don't care about Martin paying overs nor Kelly . This guy has no game plan . Can GC save the day ... Please .... Please .... Take him .......

If this means we've got Kelly and/or Martin then so be it, I'm looking forward to 2018 and beyond. If not, then this is a right old head scratcher and the next few years are going to be painful indeed as he's demonstrated before that he can't oversee a successful rebuild from scratch.

I just hope he spends literally every second of the pre-season for next year working on our defensive transition; it was beyond putrid this season.

Never posted that - without the cattle a coach can't win a flag - no matter how good they are.

He has never had the cattle to win a flag - a couple of bottom 4 finishes a couple of free agents, TT next year and get Ahern going and he might have that chance.

We haven't had the best player in the comp for 18 years. Would be nice to start 2018 with the best.
Rubbish.

We had the cattle in 2015; our finals series demonstrated that. Inconsistency and complacency coast us a top 4 finish and a legitimate shot at the flag that year and that's on the coach.

And yeah, you definitely said that a team needs early draft picks to be a contender. If Adelaide win it all this year then that blows your contention out of the water, although them finishing first may have already done that.

We need a full clean out (Crocker been there for way too long) of assistant coaches, injury/fitness staff, defence/midfield/forward coaches and more for this new wave of north

Keep Brad on for 2018, so there is some stability as I think even if Brad goes it won't make too much difference unless we make some changes from the ground up
I posted Crocks should leave end of the season.......he could end up with Buckley at the Carringbush.

Rubbish.

We had the cattle in 2015; our finals series demonstrated that. Inconsistency and complacency coast us a top 4 finish and a legitimate shot at the flag that year and that's on the coach.

And yeah, you definitely said that a team needs early draft picks to be a contender. If Adelaide win it all this year then that blows your contention out of the water, although them finishing first may have already done that.
2015 was the year Wells didnt play......you only need to look at the win/loss ratio with Collingwood this year to see why we didnt achieve top 4 in 2015.

Yep. You.

Because your little noodle can't hack that you're running out of fingers to count the amount of years we've had without a bloody coach sacking.
Absolute garbage 8 years is more than enough to evaluate a coach. No top 4's is proof of that let alone giving up leads and losing in that time. He's got the worse record for close losses in the comp....fact.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Absolute garbage 8 years is more than enough to evaluate a coach. No top 4's is proof of that let alone giving up leads and losing in that time. He's got the worse record for close losses in the comp.

If the coach has remained stagnant, yes.

However, he hasn't remained stagnant.

Judge him on his last 4-5 years when he has actually got close to the side he wants on the park and judge the development of the players he has gained from scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back