Play Nice Bye Bye Brad #3 [Locked: BS signs 2-year ext. Aug-2017, tied to NM until end 2020]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He will be he longest serving coach . For what a couple of prelims ****ing Laidly did that . We need a new face and new game plan no sorry we need a game plan . o_O

Absolute garbage 8 years is more than enough to evaluate a coach. No top 4's is proof of that let alone giving up leads and losing in that time. He's got the worse record for close losses in the comp....fact.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

A simplistic parameter clung to by a simple fan.

Life always seems so clear to simple people, as everything is black and white. It is why they often find themselves with fundamentalist worldviews as they link complex problems encountered in the world to simple solutions like banning immigrants, building walls, more flags, more religion, more prisons and rotating coaches.

A simplistic parameter clung to by a simple fan.

Life always seems so clear to simple people, as everything is black and white. It is why they often find themselves with fundamentalist worldviews as they link complex problems encountered in the world to simple solutions like banning immigrants, building walls, more flags, more religion, more prisons and rotating coaches.
But if you don't embrace change the whole place stagnates and the problem becomes worse and lack of game plan with this particular coach is damning ...

Give him that long term contract please Gold Coast please.... Get him away from Arden street ...

Never posted that - without the cattle a coach can't win a flag - no matter how good they are.

He has never had the cattle to win a flag - a couple of bottom 4 finishes a couple of free agents, TT next year and get Ahern going and he might have that chance.

We haven't had the best player in the comp for 18 years. Would be nice to start 2018 with the best.
We've discussed this, he did have the cattle. He had a team that included picks 2, 3, 5 and 9, plus an All Australian backman, AA ruckman and AA forward plus a guy who played more games than anyone else in the AFL.

We've discussed this, he did have the cattle. He had a team that included picks 2, 3, 5 and 9, plus an All Australian backman, AA ruckman and AA forward plus a guy who played more games than anyone else in the AFL.

We weren't the best list in 2014 or 2015, and the year we were a genuine chance (2016) we ended up getting crippled by injury. I honestly believe we were in it up to our eyeballs in 2016 until 10 blokes fell over in a month, and on this basis and the quick development of the next group, I support this extension. He is also clearly a much better and more flexible thinking coach now.

We weren't the best list in 2014 or 2015, and the year we were a genuine chance (2016) we ended up getting crippled by injury. I honestly believe we were in it up to our eyeballs in 2016 until 10 blokes fell over in a month, and on this basis and the quick development of the next group, I support this extension. He is also clearly a much better and more flexible thinking coach now.
Injuries certainly played a large part last year but some of his coaching was pathetic. I still shake my head when I think of the final against The Crows. Betts was coming off the back of the square and killing us. Brad refused to do anything about it because I'm presuming he wanted to keep one back behind the ball. But it didn't work.

So the questions are, has he shown more flexibility this year? Is be able to react to and counter opposition moves? Is able to set up a game plan that causes the opposition to change their plans? Our win loss results suggest no, our general competitiveness hint to yes.

He was forced to be more flexible this year, due to the rebuild. The poor form from several players, and the fact he played a lot of new players meant he had to try players in different positions. Is this a sign of a coach changing his ways or someone just throwing darts hoping for a hit?

My concern is that this year we weren't a particularly young or inexperienced team. Despite playing so many first gamers I don't think we were the youngest team for the week once. I can only see one reason the club would leak a new contract was about to sign and that is because they know Dusty is about to make a choice. If we re-sign Brad and Dusty doesn't come, we're ****ed.

Like the Tigers sticking with Hardwick the people involved at the club would have a much better idea if he is the right person to coach our club.

Again you have 2 options:

1) Sook
2) Support the club and its decisions.
Well if Halfwit didn't perform this year he was defiantly toast .

Snake, not being a 'smartar...', but any examples of his flexibility? Any examples of creativity and/or innovation with positive results?

Brad just seems to always be doing things with 'Blinkers on' non-aggressive, non attacking game plan/style....

Like the Tigers sticking with Hardwick the people involved at the club would have a much better idea if he is the right person to coach our club.

Again you have 2 options:

1) Sook
2) Support the club and its decisions.
Hardwick is signed up until the end of 2018, just like Brad. It's a stupid analogy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the questions are, has he shown more flexibility this year? Is be able to react to and counter opposition moves? Is able to set up a game plan that causes the opposition to change their plans? Our win loss results suggest no, our general competitiveness hint to yes.

So what is your issue?

Counterwise, Brad has always been defensively capable, but his offensive flexibility has improved over the last couple of seasons. Just line our game plan development up against Carlton's and you will get a better idea.

He was forced to be more flexible this year, due to the rebuild. The poor form from several players, and the fact he played a lot of new players meant he had to try players in different positions. Is this a sign of a coach changing his ways or someone just throwing darts hoping for a hit?

Do you honestly believe a coach that is constantly guessing would be able to fool our administration that he was fully at the wheel?

My concern is that this year we weren't a particularly young or inexperienced team. Despite playing so many first gamers I don't think we were the youngest team for the week once. I can only see one reason the club would leak a new contract was about to sign and that is because they know Dusty is about to make a choice. If we re-sign Brad and Dusty doesn't come, we're ******.

****en hell mate, we debuted eleven ****ing players! If this year doesn't apply as a "particularly young or inexperienced team" then I struggle to find another season in our 148 years when it did apply.

Relax.

Give the man another 18 months and if we have stagnated I will personally lead the charge for his head.

Two more years at this point isn't really here or there.

Rubbish.

We had the cattle in 2015; our finals series demonstrated that. Inconsistency and complacency coast us a top 4 finish and a legitimate shot at the flag that year and that's on the coach.

And yeah, you definitely said that a team needs early draft picks to be a contender. If Adelaide win it all this year then that blows your contention out of the water, although them finishing first may have already done that.
We had a team that could have stopped the Hawks 3 peat? As good if not better than one of the greatest team of all time? Our team in the 90's would have struggled let alone our 2015 team. We were an honest team and why we won 2 finals. That was a good result.

The Crows don't win it this year then my contention is 100% correct.

Hardwick is signed up until the end of 2018, just like Brad. It's a stupid analogy.

Bottom 6 last year - zero finals wins. The old Tigers would have sacked him last year. Sacking a coach is not always the best thing for the club.

End of the day KT you wanted Scott gone since he started in 2010. Never open to the idea that he was good for the Roos. IMO your hatred towards Scott blinds you to the good he is doing.

So what is your issue?

Counterwise, Brad has always been defensively capable, but his offensive flexibility has improved over the last couple of seasons. Just line our game plan development up against Carlton's and you will get a better idea.

Do you honestly believe a coach that is constantly guessing would be able to fool our administration that he was fully at the wheel?

****en hell mate, we debuted eleven ****ing players! If this year doesn't apply as a "particularly young or inexperienced team" then I struggle to find another season in our 148 years when it did apply.

Relax.

Give the man another 18 months and if we have stagnated I will personally lead the charge for his head.

Realistically, what is a reasonable period of time in order for any coach to achieve desired success as required of a club?

Realistically, what is a reasonable period of time in order for any coach to achieve desired success as required of a club?

How long is a piece of string?

You tell me, "what is a reasonable period of time in order for any coach to achieve desired success as required of a club?"

Then explain why you have arrived at this conclusion.

Not a conclusion....
How long is a piece of string?

You tell me, "what is a reasonable period of time in order for any coach to achieve desired success as required of a club?"

Then explain why you have arrived at this conclusion.
A question was asked.....not a conclusion.

'How long is a piece of a string' was also my most first thought, but end of day there has to be a limit of some form.

If I knew the answer to the question I would not have asked the question, am interested in opinions or possible answers to the question.

Putting the tin foil hat on, we usually announce these sort of things ourselves and usually doesn't get through to the media.

Wonder if this is a measured ploy by the club to let Dusty and Josh know there is stability at the club, but if neither sign in the end, Brad goes to GC with our blessing.

This is a unique situation that not only the coach but a few senior players time at the club is hinging on the signing of a couple of players. If both end up coming, I think some senior players that I feel should move on, should probably actually hang around, and same for the coach.

I think if neither sign on, then we should be looking at longer reset, and bigger cull.

Brad showed improvement this year with dropping senior players, and the first few games despite the losses were encouraging. No-one was expecting finals but there were some real average patches in the season that were concerning.

I don't necessarily believe he should be sacked, I don't think he's demonstrated enough as a coach for an extension. If he is contracted for next year, I don't see the rush in extending his contract.

Not a conclusion....

A question was asked.....not a conclusion.

'How long is a piece of a string' was also my most first thought, but end of day there has to be a limit of some form.

If I knew the answer to the question I would not have asked the question, am interested in opinions or possible answers to the question.

A proper answer cannot be assigned to a number without weighing up all the inputs.

If you want to know my reasoning then just go back over the points I have already made in this thread.

So what is your issue?

I'm not going to compare us to Carlton...ever.

He's fooled some. He's made a fortune selling snakeoil. It was only on Saturday that he said we had a strong foundation for the future that was built on winning games!! 7 games in 1 year and half is a strong foundation? Some people buy into his rhetoric, he' very good at selling himself.

Saturdays team had average age of 25.2 years and 97.7 games. Richmonds was 24.10 years and 96.6 games. Geelong have debuted what, 8 players?

Relax.

I'm relaxed, cricket training has started. I just can't see the point in giving him 18 months, another 8 games will tell us where we are at. We're throwing good money after bad, hoping to justify the last 8 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back