Play Nice Bye bye Brad

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I der how many people looked at our draw and thought we would struggle to make the eight; and are now calling for Scott's head?

Self reflection is not a trait that is found on BF often.

Anyone thinking that he should resign are dreaming. He said after the match that he was extremely confident of the playing group. He said this regardless of how pathetic we are in defending or the complete lack of forward pressure or the fact we only go in with one ruckman who hardly gets a rest and ends up off his feet on the second half of every game or the complete lack composure and diligence when the opposition gain ascendency.

Despite these apparent flaws, its no wonder that Scott has complete faith in the playing list as none of the issues above concern them. Scott needs to look inward for these matter to which he is responsible for and ensure they are remedied.

Call me naive but when I see a group or team crumble under sustained pressure it hasn't anything to do with the individuals in most cases, its the way the sum of the parts work together. Presently it fractures easily and frequently and no amount of public emotional frustration can hide the reasons behind the actual problem.

Scott needs to reevaluate some of his hard held and unwavering personal philosophies of how the team should play and tune into the current trends and ensure our team are equipped to handle opposition tactics. His approach reeks of an insular and narrow view that lends itself to arrogance and stubbornness which often makes me wonder whether his personal ego is being pushed in front of the team.

I may be harsh on the coach but for the life of me he has been their for nearly 4 years now and I would like to know why it is taking so long?

Brad's stubborness is both his greatest strength but also his greatest weakness. Cliche' statement that one, but I doubt if too many would disagree.

This stubborness would have been one of the things that made him such a highly regarded assistant by Malthouse, as every successful coach has a good group of assistants. He can bounce ideas off them and also take on board their own philosophies and strategies.

The thing is with Brad, he isn't at the same stage as a Mick Malthouse or a Ross Lyon. He's still at the stage where he probably needs some form of mentor.

The coach won't be going anywhere, I think that's the logical decision here and one Brayshaw and co would no doubt conclude as well.

But given the guy is a relatively junior coach still, it's also logical that he needs some quality heads helping him.

It's the boards responsibility to recognise these issues and take action to get him the help he needs.

If that means tapping a couple blokes on the shoulder, then that is what they will have to do.

Anything else and they are selling themselves and the club and it's supporters short.

Well said Groggy. That's about where I see things on this subject.

To be fair to Brad he said the same players aren't making the mistakes repeatedly, so its hard to drop them as he'd be dropping half the team by the sounds of it.
Brad Scott stated earlier in the year" players don't get dropped they drop themselves" what hope have we got as a team when BS runs it like a public service and gives everyone a job for life.

I der how many people looked at our draw and thought we would struggle to make the eight; and are now calling for Scott's head?

Self reflection is not a trait that is found on BF often.

No, no, no, no.

Think most people despite the tough draw would've expected to beat;
Adelaide
Gold Coast - yeah they beat some teams but they still lose a bit
Carlton - beat them last season. should be ahead of them.
Brisbane

Four bad losses.

Of course though.... it's the fault of fans.... c'mon mate. This season has been poor. Don't go blaming the draw. Even with the tough draw we should have won 12 games. Without question.

No, no, no, no.

Think most people despite the tough draw would've expected to beat;
Adelaide
Gold Coast - yeah they beat some teams but they still lose a bit
Carlton - beat them last season. should be ahead of them.
Brisbane

Four bad losses.

Of course though.... it's the fault of fans.... c'mon mate. This season has been poor. Don't go blaming the draw. Even with the tough draw we should have won 12 games. Without question.

Absolutely the season has been a shocker. I am not blaming the fans at all. However, we all knew it was the draw from hell.

Five games at <4 points and a few more under 3 goals just sums it up. Unlucky in some, bad in others. Hopefully we learn and move on.

Potting the coach, when he has another 3 years is not doing anyone any good.

I do like the suggestion that he gets some experienced assistants in to help.

Dean Laidley anyone?

While the coach and some of his decisions is one of the problems mate, arguably the bigger problem is how he handles himself verbally. This is most concerning. The excuses, the 'small things we can change' is obviously bull crap because they have been big and obvious things and they haven't changed. That's what gets on my nerves and probably a lot of others. He speaks to us like a used car salesman. He needs to take more responsibility.

This season is a write-off now and some of the football has been good but the issues are his issues and those issues are why we're 6 and 10. It's disappointing. I wouldn't sack him this season (regardless of what happens for the rest of the season) but if next season doesn't equal the progression we should've seen after last season this season (if that makes sense....) then his position should come into serious question.

I der how many people looked at our draw and thought we would struggle to make the eight

When i first looked at the draw i thought that we would only win 4 games for the year, these were against Gold Coast, Western Bulldogs, GWS and Melbourne. We have managed to beat 2 of these and lost 1, so they are doing better than i thought they would have.

While the coach and some of his decisions is one of the problems mate, arguably the bigger problem is how he handles himself verbally. This is most concerning. The excuses, the 'small things we can change' is obviously bull crap because they have been big and obvious things and they haven't changed. That's what gets on my nerves and probably a lot of others. He speaks to us like a used car salesman. He needs to take more responsibility.
The truth is he is not required to tell us exactly what he is thinking. He is not required to give us the rationale for his decision making. Press conferences are there for coaches to give as little direct information as possible in 10 minutes whilst giving the press enough information to write about.

The only people he is answerable to are the board and it is to them he holds responsibility for our performances and I reckon they are pretty happy with how he handles himself in the media so don't expect that to change and don't expect the truth because we are not going to get any.

Feel better after reading the HS, look like we'll be sending Goldy to FF for a spell and using Petrie in the ruck. As well as Black, Tarrant and Hansen.

So we'll be sending someone into the ruck that aint much good at it and someone to FF who aint much good at it.

Am sure when we lose we'll get in trouble for saying we've a coach who aint much good at it.:p

Time to wield the axe and give some kids a go now that our season is officially over. We need to really make the tough list management decisions for our future, in order to this it is imperative we test the waters.

TRIAL/DEBUT
- Test Jacobs, Gysberts to see whether they are worth holding on to.
- Garner/A.Kennedy to debut
- Give L.Delaney & C.Delaney a chance, I personally don't think either are worth keeping but we'll never know if they don't play

ALREADY GONE IN MY EYES

- Anthony, Speight, Sierakowski, Richardson, Firrito (Harsh but we need to look to the future, he should retire on a good note).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Time to wield the axe and give some kids a go now that our season is officially over. We need to really make the tough list management decisions for our future, in order to this it is imperative we test the waters.

TRIAL/DEBUT
- Test Jacobs, Gysberts to see whether they are worth holding on to.
- Garner/A.Kennedy to debut
- Give L.Delaney & C.Delaney a chance, I personally don't think either are worth keeping but we'll never know if they don't play

ALREADY GONE IN MY EYES

- Anthony, Speight, Sierakowski, Richardson, Firrito (Harsh but we need to look to the future, he should retire on a good note).

Doubt Spud would retire another club would pick him up for a 2-year deal e.g. GWS

Brad Scott vs Dean Laidley vs Wayne Schimmelbusch

Games Wins Losses Draws Win%
BS: 83, 41, 42, 0, 49.4

DL: 149, 72, 75, 2, 48.3

WS: 66, 31, 35, 0, 47.0

Interesting comparison with what many consider to be 2 of our worst coaches pre & post Pagan era.

Note, both coaches sacked.

B.Scott % could conceivably be behind both come years end.

Compelling stuff!

Have bumped this up, people NEED to see it:eek:

I don't know what is worse.

Watching us lose to teams we should easily beat (and have done), or knowing we are stuck with the same clown coaching us for another few years.

It's like we are being tortured from wrongs done in a prior life.

Doubt Spud would retire another club would pick him up for a 2-year deal e.g. GWS
You may be correct, he could serve GWS extremely well.

However, I don't think he is in our best 22 anymore and he is old as well, so we might as well develop the likes of a McKenzie/Kennedy off HB or whoever we think suitable. Otherwise we are just wasting crucial development games for our younger brigade.

The coach won't be going anywhere, I think that's the logical decision here and one Brayshaw and co would no doubt conclude as well.

But given the guy is a relatively junior coach still, it's also logical that he needs some quality heads helping him.

It's the boards responsibility to recognise these issues and take action to get him the help he needs.

If that means tapping a couple blokes on the shoulder, then that is what they will have to do.

Anything else and they are selling themselves and the club and it's supporters short.
Excellent post, pretty much mirrors my thoughts.

Have bumped this up, people NEED to see it:eek:
You're so keen to knock the coach and players but I can't recall a single positive piece of constructive criticism. You're worse than the worst whingeing mother in law. :very stern look:

So he could get a game at GWS and who else? Would he get a game at a contender? No ******* chance.

Lol, wot the hell is your point DR? I simply said he wont retire.....you need anger management sessions.

We are the first team in 33 years to lose 5 games in a season by less than a goal. Now that's an achievement! Way better than a boring once a year flag.

If we are 6-10 next year do the glass full types think we should replace the coach? Or should we stay with Brad until Luke M has 70 games under his belt before we decide on a complete rebuild?

As a glass half-full type my expectations of next year:
Top 4 - prelim - pass
Top 4 - out in straight sets - borderline
5-8 - prelim - pass
5-8 - win one final - borderline
5-8 - lose final - fail
Personally, I'm not in to sacking coaches mid-year, but it doesn't mean you don't start looking once we seem destined to miss finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back