Play Nice Bye bye Brad

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been toying with locking it because nothing new comes into it.

The truth of it is that as much as people on here squeal Brad is contracted and not going anyway.

any notion to the contrary is the rejection of reality.

This is the 'punching bag' for all our frustrations.

Yes he is contracted forever, yes we can't change that, but we can hope that he comes to his senses and does the honourable thing.

Oh he can take JB with him.

WE are collectively soft under his leadership.

Tell ya what, whoever comes in as head of the FD for next year need to be given the freedom to question Scott openly and harshly.

Worst case scenario is that we give the role to someone already at the club. This could be the most important appointment in years so we need to get it right.

Tell ya what, whoever comes in as head of the FD for next year need to be given the freedom to question Scott openly and harshly.

Worst case scenario is that we give the role to someone already at the club. This could be the most important appointment in years so we need to get it right.

My vote is Archer.

Boys club me up. He won't tolerate shit and his credentials would be pretty decent.

My vote is Archer.

Boys club me up. He won't tolerate shit and his credentials would be pretty decent.
He won't do.

We need someone who is in footy now and understands current football intimately. That is not Arch. We need someone with fresh ideas and fresh eyes, not someone who is pals with the current regime. If the club are serious about improving themselves at every level they will not be afraid of making an external appointment, but will actiively persue it, much like they would a new senior coach.

They need to ask what this appointment can bring to the club and how they can help take us to the next level. Simply shuffling the deck chairs will be a cop out.

Our problems start at the top I have been saying it forever.....James Brayshaw must be removed asap!

Brad Scott vs Dean Laidley vs Wayne Schimmelbusch

Games Wins Losses Draws Win%
BS: 83, 41, 42, 0, 49.4

DL: 149, 72, 75, 2, 48.3

WS: 66, 31, 35, 0, 47.0

Interesting comparison with what many consider to be 2 of our worst coaches pre & post Pagan era.

Note, both coaches sacked.

B.Scott % could conceivably be behind both come years end.

Compelling stuff!

Brad Scott vs Dean Laidley vs Wayne Schimmelbusch

Games Wins Losses Draws Win%
BS: 83, 41, 42, 0, 49.4

DL: 149, 72, 75, 2, 48.3

WS: 66, 31, 35, 0, 47.0

Interesting comparison with what many consider to be 2 of our worst coaches pre & post Pagan era.

Note, both coaches sacked.

B.Scott % could conceivably be behind both come years end.

Compelling stuff!

Very difficult to draw too many conclusions because of the different directions at club and game level at each one's time and also the resources afforded each.

Dean and Schimma have to be given weighting for fighting it out with insufficient resources and administration.

Brad has to be given weighting for being given the edict (rightly or wrongly) to enact a 5 year plan.

Very difficult to draw too many conclusions because of the different directions at club and game level at each one's time and also the resources afforded each.

Dean and Schimma have to be given weighting for fighting it out with insufficient resources and administration.

Brad has to be given weighting for being given the edict (rightly or wrongly) to enact a 5 year plan.

Agree with first point re lacking resources, makes them look even better!

So ur saying we should win a flag next year as it's Brad's 5th season?

It was Bomber Thompsons 8th season to finally become a top 2 side when Geelong supporters were calling for his head before then.

We aren't Geelong, tired of this comparison, they were/are a very special group of players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So ur saying we should win a flag next year as it's Brad's 5th season?

Not at all. But he doesn't seem to have been given orders to win a flag from year 1 at all costs so it has to be accounted for.

We aren't Geelong, tired of this comparison, they were/are a very special group of players.

It's getting tired eh. Geelong were top 5 in 2000, 2004, 2005. 2006 was an anomaly. They had drafted incredibly well in 1999 and 2001 to form the structure of the side.

The comparisons are wishful.

Not at all. But he doesn't seem to have been given orders to win a flag from year 1 at all costs so it has to be accounted for.

It's getting tired eh. Geelong were top 5 in 2000, 2004, 2005. 2006 was an anomaly. They had drafted incredibly well in 1999 and 2001 to form the structure of the side.

The comparisons are wishful.

Agree with everything you say pretty much, though just on raw numbers B.Scott would appear to be in some trouble surely? 5 years is generally the accepted time-frame given to produce results. Unless he is doing a Neeldy and "rebuilding the rebuild" lol:)

It we don't make the finals 2014 then I'll start asking about Brad Scott. I still have faith that he will eventually make us in to a top 2 side.

How long do we give him? We won't get to that point with our current list that's for sure.

Funny how these people don't add in the fact it only took Roos 3 years to get Sydney to a Premiership after they sacked Eade!! If Sydney had hung on to Eade like we have to hang on to Scott then they would never had the great years they have had! We have to be more like Sydney and dump his arse, or at least move him sideways. Something has to he done.

DarwinRoo it must be nice in your world where the club/team/coach gets everything right.

They don't get everything right but they don't always deserve some of the utter shite than can be seen on this board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back