Play Nice Bye bye Brad

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over reaction to 1 loss - they always start like this we always start slow. This is way too early to write us off. This is a thread that can come back and bite posters.

But Wild Bill, didn't you know they hand out premierships after round 1? Most of the posting over the past 18 hours would suggest that is the case.

But Wild Bill, didn't you know they hand out premierships after round 1? Most of the posting over the past 18 hours would suggest that is the case.

Am not sure peeps feel that it's season over, they just wanted a more concerted effort in RD 1 of a season that is promising so much.

Actually the Club it's self thought we were cherry ripe for this clash! How wrong they were.

But we live to fight another day

Over reaction to 1 loss - they always start like this we always start slow. This is way too early to write us off. This is a thread that can come back and bite posters.

Maybe one could bump LT sack thread.
Jack Zeibell brownlow thread , credits in da bank should see Boomer playing til he's 50 thread.…?
Wait no that doesn't exist yet, hmmmm;)

Typo and grammatical errors here are sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I look forward to someone bumping the 1975 thread "Sack Barrassis" after we lost our first four games, and the "Sack Laidleys" thread from 2007 when we lost the first three.

I look forward to someone bumping the 1975 thread "Sack Barrassis" after we lost our first four games, and the "Sack Laidleys" thread from 2007 when we lost the first three.
Yeah I remember BigFooty in DOS back in 1975. Those where the days. :stern look

Brad said Jobe was tagged. Did anyone see one of our players scrap and harras him like Wells got treated? Scott is a snake oil salesman, keeps telling people what they want to hear and people keep lapping it up.

Simple fact is Scott had the entire preseason to get the team ready for round one and they were nowhere near it.

If we lose our first 3 games he has to go.

Brad said Jobe was tagged. Did anyone see one of our players scrap and harras him like Wells got treated? Scott is a snake oil salesman, keeps telling people what they want to hear and people keep lapping it up.

Simple fact is Scott had the entire preseason to get the team ready for round one and they were nowhere near it.

If we lose our first 3 games he has to go.

I admit my faith in Scott is a bit shaky right now but you sir remind me of those old pitchfork folks burning 'witches' at the stake cos ya had a bad day.

Yeah I remember BigFooty in DOS back in 1975. Those where the days. :stern look

One of my favoutite posts from the 1975 season on Bigfooty was:

"11000101100100111000101001111001000111100000100101000"

Didn't that come back to bite.

sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After Friday night, I maintain my confidence level in Scott. As in, I have no confidence in him whatsoever.

Does he make them do yoga or meditation before the game or something? Most of the players were wandering around at half pace, didn't want to make a contest and looked completely disinterested.

Someone tell me how that happens after all the so-called 'hurt' of last year and being round 1? You would think the group would come out breathing fire. Surely that lack of application comes down to how they are coached? Surely.

I don't understand, it was like the final in Perth. Just not mentally there at all when you would think it would be the opposite. Maybe I am being too harsh on Scott and the players simply don't want it enough, who knows.

It's only one loss and it's a long season, can only improve. I can handle losing to a better team but with 100% effort (Laidley's teams), but when players appear to have the skill but don't seem switched on it simply isn't acceptable.

It's only one loss and it's a long season, can only improve. I can handle losing to a better team but with 100% effort (Laidley's teams), but when players appear to have the skill but don't seem switched on it simply isn't acceptable.

You obviously weren't around for our 2005 loss to port, the two finals losses in 2007 or Stevo's farewell game? All Laidley games where i would have thought the motivation would be pretty high.

But let the goldfish logic continue....

You obviously weren't around for our 2005 loss to port, the two finals losses in 2007 or Stevo's farewell game? All Laidley games where i would have thought the motivation would be pretty high.

But let the goldfish logic continue....

Laidley consistently got the best out of a limited group. Some of those games we were beaten by superior teams - do you think Essendon is that far superior to us?

I don't think Scott consistently gets the best of this group.

It is becoming a pattern. It is plainly obvious something is not quite right with the group whether the coach, players, or whatever.

I actually wish they'd go back to the handball style of 2012. That was incredible to watch. I don't know why everyone felt the need to consciously 'square up' the kick to handball tally when we had something that was clearly working best for us. Sure it fell down sometimes, but who cares? Get up, dust yourself off and back yourself in again. Even if it fails 20% of the time, it's gotta be better than the session over the toilet bowl we witnessed Friday night.

The guys looked devoid of confidence, and flying by the seat of their pants structurally, perhaps because the coach is. Too much listening to crap from the periphery about what we should be doing, and not enough conviction in the plan. It was a good plan.

Bring the handball style back, get the best out of the Atley types who at the moment look like lost sheep (on the way to a slaughter).... (before being roasted).

Scott's here for a while so he may as well go back to what worked for him best. Need the mojo again.

easy guys its only the 1st game we have not won our 1st game since we started going to UTAH
don't worry we will finish in the top 6. go rooboys. the pol has SPOKEN.

"Sack Laidleys" thread from 2007 when we lost the first three.

I don't think so Twinkletoes.. no sack Laidley threads that season that I recall but the supporter confidence wasn't too inspiring. North lost Nathan Thompson in the last pre-season game with a season ending injury but I was confident North can overcome this setback. And was PROVEN CORRECT!! :thumbsu:

North didn't play 'that ordinary' to start 2007… just JYD's structures 'blow up in his face' … LT in the goal square vs two taller defenders.. o_O as that R1 heartbreaking loss was really on the back of a mere Shannon Grant's blunder miss from point blank range. (Lost by 3 to the Pies)
Round 2 loss to PA @ AAMI.. Port's bad kicking kept North close but unable to bridge the gap.. (lost by 18)
Round 3 loss to Hawks was about JYD trying to defend 14pt leads early.. bad mistake. Underestimating Mitchell's skill level was the downfall as the Hawks did enough. (Lost by 21).

If North fans dare to think of a MORE WOEFUL start of a season… turn the clock back to the dreaded 1984 season!!

30 YEARS AGO @ Waverley. Who was there?

Carlton smashed North by a whopping 137 points!! I recall leaving with my fellow carload of North fans with our tails between our legs after half time… North trailed by 74 at the main break!! It was one of the most HUMILIATING losses in the club history. The season previous… North inflicted the Blues with a 111 point hammering at Arden Street to finish top after the H & A campaign before going out dismissally in straight sets.. that 1983 finals campaign was the most painful in memory.

The only shining light of that shameful loss was the way Wayne Schimmelbusch NEVER GAVE UP ALL DAY LONG!! 26 possessions… NEVER seen a player BUST his ARSE so HARD despite his team-mates surrendering ever so meekly. Most of the team who played on Friday night should HANG their HEADS in SHAME!! They are getting paid a KINGS ransom compared to what Schimma was earning and to play so insipid just tells me they LACK REAL SUBSTANCE to be a worthy of wearing the NMFC jumper.

Last edited:
Bye bye Brad hello Wayne Carey

I don't think Carey is that stupid to do a Voss & Hird and go straight into being the head coach… ain't happening. More chance the likes of ex-North/ Geelong GF player Leigh Tudor taking over the reigns.

I remember that 1984 game well Woodson. Unfortunately I was there with a Carlton supporting mate and his family and had a face full of "how good are Warren Ralph and Tommy Alvin" all the way home.

That's one thing about certain opposition teams… once they got touched up by North… they take umbrage (like you should!!) straight away.. they were hell bent in learning from their painful experience.. (make a pact!!) the way Paul Chapman called out his team-mates after their 2007 loss @ KP (wasn't a complete thumping but the scoreboard clearly flattered the Cats) which proves my point.. I recall the Blues recruited very heavily in the off season.. this group was the core of their back to back GF's a few years after that 111 point trouncing from 1983. North have damning habit of being ULTRa complacent. I'm convinced footy between the ears is 95% nowadays compared to the last 10 years when it was more 70-80%. If you don't come in switched ON and ready to play… the more passengers.. the bigger the challenge and more likely a loss will result. NEVER, and I mean NEVER underestimate ANY OPPONENT.. GWS proved that even the fluffy ducks are lame if they think they can go thru the motions with a keepings off game plan. In the past, (good ol' days), the last round for teams missing out on the finals was a launching pad to the following season.. thinking that North's last round win over the Pies was the launch pad for 2014.. BZZZZZZZZ WRONG!!!! Back to square one.. players memories apparently WIPEd clean and the dumb mistakes will be 'expected' because the hurt of the gut busting losses have proven to be 'ZERO IMPACT emotionally'.. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown: as a team.. individually there may be players totally shattered I guess.

That's one thing about certain opposition teams… once they got touched up by North… they take umbrage (like you should!!) straight away.. they were hell bent in learning from their painful experience.. (make a pact!!) the way Paul Chapman called out his team-mates after their 2007 loss @ KP (wasn't a complete thumping but the scoreboard clearly flattered the Cats) which proves my point.. I recall the Blues recruited very heavily in the off season.. this group was the core of their back to back GF's a few years after that 111 point trouncing from 1983. North have damning habit of being ULTRa complacent. I'm convinced footy between the ears is 95% nowadays compared to the last 10 years when it was more 70-80%. If you don't come in switched ON and ready to play… the more passengers.. the bigger the challenge and more likely a loss will result. NEVER, and I mean NEVER underestimate ANY OPPONENT.. GWS proved that even the fluffy ducks are lame if they think they can go thru the motions with a keepings off game plan. In the past, (good ol' days), the last round for teams missing out on the finals was a launching pad to the following season.. thinking that North's last round win over the Pies was the launch pad for 2014.. BZZZZZZZZ WRONG!!!! Back to square one.. players memories apparently WIPEd clean and the dumb mistakes will be 'expected' because the hurt of the gut busting losses have proven to be 'ZERO IMPACT emotionally'.. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown: as a team.. individually there may be players totally shattered I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back