Play Nice Bye bye Brad

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah because that never happens to Hawthorn... Or Sydney, or Freo.
On turnovers sometimes match ups are mismatched.

We kicked 7 goals to 3 in the last quarter, we have won every last quarter for the last 5 weeks... Killer instinct all over the damn place!

Nah mate, killer instinct is being up by 5 goals at qtr time and then digging the boots in further to put the game beyond doubt by half time. Not letting them back in it.

As far as i'm concerned from what i've seen lately we are a very talented but dumb football team just getting by against much weaker opposition.

We are miles off playing at a level that will win finals.... Bit concerning considering we are only 4 weeks out!

Nah mate, killer instinct is being up by 5 goals at qtr time and then digging the boots in further to put the game beyond doubt by half time. Not letting them back in it.

As far as i'm concerned from what i've seen lately we are a very talented but dumb football team just getting by against much weaker opposition.

We are miles off playing at a level that will win finals.... Bit concerning considering we are only 4 weeks out!
This is a very even comp, every team has very good players. Inevitably these good players will play well at some point during a game. That's what makes them good players. You are aware that we play other teams each week that also pay their players aren't you?
We were the better team, we win by 6 goals, and we're probably unlucky to not win by more. But I am perfectly happy to bank the win and move on.

This is a very even comp, every team has very good players. Inevitably these good players will play well at some point during a game. That's what makes them good players. You are aware that we play other teams each week that also pay their players aren't you?
We were the better team, we win by 6 goals, and we're probably unlucky to not win by more. But I am perfectly happy to bank the win and move on.

That's cool.

As far as i'm concerned i see a team that has the potential to achieve far more than what they are. The problem is we have too many flaws... not in our list but in the way we play.

im preparing for the usual disappointment we have seen over the last 3 seasons.
I guarantee that within the next two weeks this thread will be on fire.
There has been nothing convincing about our last 5 victories.
Feel free to quote me in the not to distant future, as I will happily suck eggs.

I have been r***d of all optimism over the last 2-3 seasons, and I am of the firm belief that
a change of coach cant come soon enough, to take advantage of our core 100 gamers.

I truly believe we have the stock, we are just missing the mental game plan to elevate this list to
play to its fullest potential.

Last edited by a moderator:
So many facepalms....

Brad hasn't changed that much at all. Even if he has it's taken 6 YEARS!

That's enough time for a ******** rebuild.

We are still flakey, disappear in quarters, have lazy passengers week in week out that never get dropped but yes holy moly give him a 3 year extension for the same bull**** mediocrity for another 3 years! I can't wait!

We have beaten 5 average teams. Yes, I am stoked as a supporter BUT having the whole knee jerk reaction and give him a 3 year extension is the EXACT reason why we have had the same coach like him for 6 years!

He is just as complacent in his role than the players are. I just can't trust that he has changed....

im preparing for the usual disappointment we have seen over the last 3 seasons.
I guarantee that within the next two weeks this thread will be on fire.
There has been nothing convincing about our last 5 victories.
Feel free to quote me in the not to distant future, as I will happily suck eggs.

I have been r***d of all optimism over the last 2-3 seasons, and I am of the firm belief that
a change of coach cant come soon enough, to take advantage of our core 100 gamers.

I truly believe we have the stock, we are just missing the mental game plan to elevate this list to
play to its fullest potential.
Yeah last year was such a disappointment.

So many facepalms....

Brad hasn't changed that much at all. Even if he has it's taken 6 YEARS!

That's enough time for a ******** rebuild.

We are still flakey, disappear in quarters, have lazy passengers week in week out that never get dropped but yes holy moly give him a 3 year extension for the same bull**** mediocrity for another 3 years! I can't wait!

We have beaten 5 average teams. Yes, I am stoked as a supporter BUT having the whole knee jerk reaction and give him a 3 year extension is the EXACT reason why we have had the same coach like him for 6 years!

He is just as complacent in his role than the players are. I just can't trust that he has changed....
Who said give him 3 years right now??
I said if we win a final.

Yeah last year was such a disappointment.
H&A was as we underperformed.

Finals were great as we did really well.

Could have finished top 4 after the home and away. We had the cattle to, as we do this year.

H&A was as we underperformed.

Finals were great as we did really well.

Could have finished top 4 after the home and away. We had the cattle to, as we do this year.
And I say we are building to that, and still have a sneaky chance of making top 4.

We've underperformed this year, and I'll continue to believe that until we make a prelim and are competitive, at a minimum. We ended 4th last year and topped up with Higgins and Waite to supposedly take that next step. Instead, we're battling to make the 8 even on the back of a soft past 2 months. The worst part about it is if we had have won against collingwood and GC (absolutely disgraceful we didn't win both of those games) we would be where we all hoped we would be. Instead, another year wasted, another year where we've shot ourselves in the foot, and another season of the Wild Bill brigade telling us all that we should continue to accept and celebrate mediocrity.

Who said give him 3 years right now??
I said if we win a final.

Oh my apologies

But seriously just one final? Or do you mean a flag

I really hope you mean a flag because winning a final doesn't mean sh** in 6 years. We need to be constantly improving. Would be saying something different if we were rebuilding though

Oh my apologies

But seriously just one final? Or do you mean a flag

I really hope you mean a flag because winning a final doesn't mean sh** in 6 years. We need to be constantly improving. Would be saying something different if we were rebuilding though
We have improved our position from this time last year. If we have to travel to Sydney or Perth to play the semi instead of Melbourne I think I'd still call it a pass. Minimum one final win though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm prepared to let this play out. If we sneak into the top 4 or miss out on percentage I would say that this year is a success. We are very harsh critics here and all wanted top 4 so if that happens Brad has done his job. Some would say he has potential to or already is a great coach, others that he is hopeless and thoughtless. The truth lies somewhere in between. We had more off season surgeries than I can remember and our guys filtering back throughout the year may just be getting some match fitness to be able to play 4 quarters at the level. Lets face it, with the evenness of the competition you would be found out if you aren't quite as conditioned as you normally would be. I still believe our kicking for goal from set shots cost us the Sydney and Collingwood games, add to that the terrible interpretation of one on one contests between Schultz and Scotty T and we could actually be pushing top 2. As terrible as the season has been I think Scott hasn't panicked and has rallied the troops for an assault at finals wherever our starting position is. It may be harder to win a race from further back on the grid but its better than not being in the race at all.

I'm prepared to let this play out. If we sneak into the top 4 or miss out on percentage I would say that this year is a success. We are very harsh critics here and all wanted top 4 so if that happens Brad has done his job. Some would say he has potential to or already is a great coach, others that he is hopeless and thoughtless. The truth lies somewhere in between. We had more off season surgeries than I can remember and our guys filtering back throughout the year may just be getting some match fitness to be able to play 4 quarters at the level. Lets face it, with the evenness of the competition you would be found out if you aren't quite as conditioned as you normally would be. I still believe our kicking for goal from set shots cost us the Sydney and Collingwood games, add to that the terrible interpretation of one on one contests between Schultz and Scotty T and we could actually be pushing top 2. As terrible as the season has been I think Scott hasn't panicked and has rallied the troops for an assault at finals wherever our starting position is. It may be harder to win a race from further back on the grid but its better than not being in the race at all.
And that's putting it far better than I have...

We have improved our position from this time last year. If we have to travel to Sydney or Perth to play the semi instead of Melbourne I think I'd still call it a pass. Minimum one final win though.
if we have to travel for a semi then our H&A was a fail. The whole idea of the H&A is to set up your finals campaign, and to win a premiership you need to be top 4.

Here's a question for you, if you knew at the Brad's initial interview that he wouldn't get us to top 4 (after H&A) in his first 6 years would you have given him the job?

Play the hypothetical, you're sitting in on the interview and he says "look I'm not going to promise you a Premiership but I can guarantee 1 Prelim where we get thumped. And well propbaly make finals the next year but we wont be top 4" would you say...You're our man and there's no one out there that could possibly be better than you?

if we have to travel for a semi then our H&A was a fail. The whole idea of the H&A is to set up your finals campaign, and to win a premiership you need to be top 4.

Here's a question for you, if you knew at the Brad's initial interview that he wouldn't get us to top 4 (after H&A) in his first 6 years would you have given him the job?

Play the hypothetical, you're sitting in on the interview and he says "look I'm not going to promise you a Premiership but I can guarantee 1 Prelim where we get thumped. And well propbaly make finals the next year but we wont be top 4" would you say...You're our man and there's no one out there that could possibly be better than you?

Hypothetically speaking I would have said 'well the other option is Figjam.'

july_31_0022-500x500.jpg

R7 GCS 120 NM 77
R15 BL 70 NM 66
R18 Car 109 NM 86
just to name a couple of games in 2014.
Aside from that, the finals was an excellent effort, thus making season 2015 that much more disappointing.
Oh I didn't realise that we had bombed from this years finals series already...

R7 GCS 120 NM 77
R15 BL 70 NM 66
R18 Car 109 NM 86
just to name a couple of games in 2014.
Aside from that, the finals was an excellent effort, thus making season 2015 that much more disappointing.

Went to both rd 7and rd 18....i thought I had eaten enough shit sandwiches....but wait there were shit rolls to come in the Prelim Final and then this year with my journey to the Mcg for the Pies game and then sitting on my couch watchin GC.

Let's hope we dont dish up shit burgers up over the next 2 months.

Do you really believe that??
I absolutely think we are closer to a flag than we were 6 years ago. We played in a prelim last year, and I'm confident that we can do some damage in September this year. We have become somewhat a destination club, which 6 years ago would have been laughed at.

Oh come on Higgins no one else wanted, the others are pensioners .

We're like a Bingo club :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back