Play Nice Bye bye Brad

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confident we win this week and win well. Saints have injury issues and being so young they are tailing off.

The following three weeks will determine Scott's future. We have been ok recently but really just beating teams we should be, just not as comfortably as we otherwise should be.

We lose all three coming up and miss finals (with a near healthy and aging list), i'd would hope we have the strength to pay him out, and bring new ideas in to at least try and maximize the final years of our many aging stars.

I'd rather win all three of course, but I have a strong feeling we will be exposed once again when the real heat comes.

Brendan Bolton would be my first choice on exposed coaches assuming Simmo can't/won't come back - sure he is untested as Brad was, but we have nothing to lose by moving on and he has excellent credentials.
I can't believe we are thinking we won't or might not beat the dogs or the Tigers! Our record (recently) against those two would say that we only need to pinch the freo game to hit the finals with some almighty momentum

I can't believe we are thinking we won't or might not beat the dogs or the Tigers! Our record (recently) against those two would say that we only need to pinch the freo game to hit the finals with some almighty momentum

Surely you jest?

If you think we will just casually beat the Tigers and/or Bulldogs based on history, you are very much mistaken.

We aren't playing near well enough to have such confidence and arrogance against any of the teams in last three games. Let alone St Kilda this week to be honest, going by our massive failures in recent years against bottom teams.

Surely you jest?

If you think we will just casually beat the Tigers and/or Bulldogs based on history, you are very much mistaken.

We aren't playing near well enough to have such confidence and arrogance against any of the teams in last three games. Let alone St Kilda this week to be honest, going by our massive failures in recent years against bottom teams.
We lost to Gold Coast again! Beat Richmond dons and cats again, personnel is similar I think we would be internally pretty confident in 3 of the next 4! It's obvious if u pit an athletic ruckman against Maric that he struggles as do their mids! The dogs lack a quality ruck and we will have an advantage in the clearances! I'm surely not the only one quietly confident of beating these 2

We lost to Gold Coast again! Beat Richmond dons and cats again, personnel is similar I think we would be internally pretty confident in 3 of the next 4! It's obvious if u pit an athletic ruckman against Maric that he struggles as do their mids! The dogs lack a quality ruck and we will have an advantage in the clearances! I'm surely not the only one quietly confident of beating these 2

If Johno Brown can see what they are doing with up ground footage of the Dogs defensive half backs playing 2 metres off in front of our forwards... then I am sure Scotts has something figured out...our fwds all have the aerobic capacity to match it with these guys.

If Johno Brown can see what they are doing with up ground footage of the Dogs defensive half backs playing 2 metres off in front of our forwards... then I am sure Scotts has something figured out...our fwds all have the aerobic capacity to match it with these guys.
I think we will monster them

Your confidence is admirable, but misplaced IMO.

I am far from confident we will beat the Tigers at the G......but especially the Bulldogs at Etihad. I reckon their speed will really stretch us.

I hope you are right but we can't just lock them in - it's very much not the case and we are still a legitimate chance of missing finals.

...yeh, um, lets not get too carried away...

A 1 pt win is as good as 69 pt.
Yes I know I'm talking more in the contest! We have a solid core running through there ATM! No doubt the bullies could end up amazing, I just think we are ahead in the middle and that will get us the choccies

I'm confident we win this week and win well. Saints have injury issues and being so young they are tailing off.

The following three weeks will determine Scott's future. We have been ok recently but really just beating teams we should be, just not as comfortably as we otherwise should be.

We lose all three coming up and miss finals (with a near healthy and aging list), i'd would hope we have the strength to pay him out, and bring new ideas in to at least try and maximize the final years of our many aging stars.

I'd rather win all three of course, but I have a strong feeling we will be exposed once again when the real heat comes.

Brendan Bolton would be my first choice on exposed coaches assuming Simmo can't/won't come back - sure he is untested as Brad was, but we have nothing to lose by moving on and he has excellent credentials.

No way on this planet will we drop off on Scott.........there isnt anyone else out there at the moment.
Carlton and Adelaide are going through the routine at the moment leaving us months behind them if this was the fact.

Sorry Saintly not now, not at the end of the season either.......remember the fact we're also building a list to Scott's wish list mind you.

Last edited:
Yes I know I'm talking more in the contest! We have a solid core running through there ATM! No doubt the bullies could end up amazing, I just think we are ahead in the middle and that will get us the choccies

I thought that at the start of the season but then realised our midfield is middle of the road pretty quickly.

No way on this planet will we drop off on Scott.........there isnt anyone else out there at the moment.
Carlton and Adelaide are going through the routine at the moment leaving us months behind them if this was the fact.

Sorry Saintly not now, not at the end of the season either.......remember the fact we're also building a list to Scott's wish list mind you.

LOL

Please enlighten us to the date when Bard will have said 'wish list' firing consistently and not being towelled by shit sides every year.

How do you know there isnt anyone else out there?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL

Please enlighten us to the date when Bard will have said 'wish list' firing consistently and not being towelled by shit sides every year.

How do you know there isnt anyone else out there?

Didnt realise I was that humourous....Arch. whats the LOL schit for?
I would assume there would be such type of discussion within the inner scotum throughout the season...........or do you think those who decide og Down to the royal and after a few beers make up a list when the national draft comes around.

Enlighten us all here then if youre so smart.........who's out there Ken Hinkley? is he getting the bullet because Pt Adel who tipped to win the flag didnt make the 8? pls enlighten us here to Your thoughts.

I dont understand the cheap shot Arch, I just think the upper echelon of the Club wont be making such a rash decision when the competition is so tight these days.

It's at Etihad.

Thanks. Two home games against Tigers then. That's a handy draw.

You might be right OzzyO, but I hope not.

If we don't make finals we must pull the trigger. We are very different to Blues and Crows, Scott been in charge far longer.

Why isn't there anyone else out there? I'm sure there are plenty of legitimate and worthy options available.

Didnt realise I was that humourous....Arch. whats the LOL schit for?
I would assume there would be such type of discussion within the inner scotum throughout the season...........or do you think those who decide og Down to the royal and after a few beers make up a list when the national draft comes around.

Enlighten us all here then if youre so smart.........who's out there Ken Hinkley? is he getting the bullet because Pt Adel who tipped to win the flag didnt make the 8? pls enlighten us here to Your thoughts.

I dont understand the cheap shot Arch, I just think the upper echelon of the Club wont be making such a rash decision when the competition is so tight these days.

Cheap shot?

Its very ironic that Bard is still building this wonder team that still shits itself every 5 minutes after 5.5 years. The bloke is a fraud.

Of course their are coaches out there. There are even premiership coaches out there just waiting for the right team at the right time with the balls to give them contract. Clarkson, Longmire, Thompson even Barassi all started head coaching somewhere along their paths to success.

Maybe Bolton has a flag or 2 in him. Who knows?? He wont get 6 years to prove it though one wouldnt think...

Cheap shot?

Its very ironic that Bard is still building this wonder team that still shits itself every 5 minutes after 5.5 years. The bloke is a fraud.

Of course their are coaches out there. There are even premiership coaches out there just waiting for the right team at the right time with the balls to give them contract. Clarkson, Longmire, Thompson even Barassi all started head coaching somewhere along their paths to success.

Maybe Bolton has a flag or 2 in him. Who knows?? He wont get 6 years to prove it though one wouldnt think...

Like I said earlier Adelaide and Carlton have a head start on Our Club already......Bolton is firming @ Carlton FC. Adelaide who knows but theyre deep in their processes i would imagine.

I dont think the Club has the funds to throw coin at Clarkson or Longers.

Thompson Ive stated b4 I like, but at the moment he has issues With Our favorite Club and is a sour person but yes I would love to have him coaching this Group.

Like I said earlier Adelaide and Carlton have a head start on Our Club already......Bolton is firming @ Carlton FC. Adelaide who knows but theyre deep in their processes i would imagine.

I dont think the Club has the funds to throw coin at Clarkson or Longers.

Thompson Ive stated b4 I like, but at the moment he has issues With Our favorite Club and is a sour person but yes I would love to have him coaching this Group.

Campers will get the Adelaide job if he gets them to finals imo, Carlton could pry Clarko and still be shit- they are a cluster****. Point im trying to make is you dont go the safe route if you are trying to win flags. There are premiership coaches out there, no doubt about it, just need to get lucky and find one.

Not many senior coaches would touch CFC at the moment it will be a new fresh face at bottom dollar salary........Bolton suits.

I agree. If we didnt look into BB though(at least kick his tyres)and he goes on to win the Baggers a flag in 5 years then we are the stupid club who played it safe and stayed with Bard.

Crocks or Tudor ?? maybe.......have we seen any result of having Tudor within our system? we hired him for his defensive nature but the game is swinging back to a more offensive style of play.

I just find the "there's no one better out there" theory as strange. Do good coaches just come straight into the system as elite?

Of course there is a risk attached to hiring a new coach, but that doesn't mean you should settle for less just because you're scared to take the risk. Otherwise Hawthorn would have hired Ayres or Wallace to replace Schwab.

I agree. If we didnt look into BB though(at least kick his tyres)and he goes on to win the Baggers a flag in 5 years then we are the stupid club who played it safe and stayed with Bard.

Arch, if CFC win a flag within 5 yrs mate I'll run down Karl Johan's gate here in Oslo and knock on the front door to the kings Palace here mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back