Play Nice Bye bye Brad

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just find the "there's no one better out there" theory as strange. Do good coaches just come straight into the system as elite?

Of course there is a risk attached to hiring a new coach, but that doesn't mean you should settle for less just because you're scared to take the risk. Otherwise Hawthorn would have hired Ayres or Wallace to replace Schwab.
Good point. but the key word there is risk. I think we need to see Brad's time all the way through.........end of the season 2016.

I love the way Bullies Coach has dropped noted players inside the Club and whack them and now he has the players jumping at every Word he says.

Brad has taken a different approach and cuddled some players too much. maybe we're seeing the results of such Methods.....I dunno.

Coaches need cattle.

Bit of a chicken and egg scenario to be honest. Sometimes the cattle just needs the right coach.

I doubt many would have said the Dogs have a top four list at the start of the season (especially when Liberatore went down and Griffen left), yet here we are, with guys like Boyd, Wallis, Wood, Dickson and Picken all having career best years under a new coach.

Bit of a chicken and egg scenario to be honest. Sometimes the cattle just needs the right coach.

I doubt many would have said the Dogs have a top four list at the start of the season (especially when Liberatore went down and Griffen left), yet here we are, with guys like Boyd, Wallis, Wood, Dickson and Picken all having career best years under a new coach.

Our old cattle except for the oldest cow weren't elite in their prime.

If not next year 2017 North should be looking for a new coach. Brad has had 6-7 yrs that's long enough for anyone.

Time for a new voice new ideas imo...

Love this thread.

5 wins in a row, about to be 6; and sitting 6th on the ladder with a shot at top 4 and people want to sack the coach.

******* hilarious.

Nah Don't want to sack him Just don't want him recontracted ahead of time like last time. Its ok where we are sitting but......

We could be in second.

Coaches need cattle.

THe idea that we do not have the cattle is an absolute falsehood.

THe cattle we have do not have the mental application to do what is required when it is required. What they do have is the footballing ability to win games of football.

if we beat
Gold Coast - Lost due to thinking we were on f***ing holiday
Collingwood - 39 points up and we shit the bed
Port - in a cracking game that could have gone either way we needed to want it more.

We win those 3 games and we are in second place and right in the frame for a home final, double chance, and a finals win way from a break and the ability to reload against a side that probably has to travel to play us.

Winning those 3 games was 100% possible, and they were lost due to lack of cattle.

THe idea that there couldn't be a premiership side within our current list and ability pisses me off.

Last edited:
THe idea that we do not have the cattle is an absolute falsehood.

THe cattle we have do not have the mental application to do what is required when it is required. What they do have is the footballing ability to win games of football.

if we beat
Gold Coast - Lost due to thinking we were on f***ing holiday
Collingwood - 39 points up and we shit the bed
Port - in a cracking game that could have gone either way we needed to want it more.

We win those 3 games and we are in second place and right in the frame for a home final, double chance, and a finals win way from a break and the ability to reload against a side that probably has to travel to play us.

Winning those 3 games was 100% possible, and they were lost due to lack of cattle.

THe idea that there couldn't be a premiership side within our current list and ability pisses me off.

Cattle need hearts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cattle need to be char-grilled...just like our coach.
Retaining key players (Taz), recruiting gun players (Higgins) and running a system that promotes longevity in the game are just three of the reasons that you will have egg on your face when Brad gets extended!!!

Retaining key players (Taz), recruiting gun players (Higgins) and running a system that promotes longevity in the game are just three of the reasons that you will have egg on your face when Brad gets extended!!!
Each to their own, but I'd kind of like it based more on results and quantifiable improvement from year to year. I guess we'll know at the end of next year if that is an eventuality.

Love this thread.

5 wins in a row, about to be 6; and sitting 6th on the ladder with a shot at top 4 and people want to sack the coach.

******* hilarious.

5 in a row against average to pathetic opponents.

Everyone prefers a win than a loss sure, but it is nothing to get that excited about. We have simply done what we should have.

The final three games will test where we (and Brad) are really at.

I hope he is gone if we miss finals and have reason to believe that this is exactly what was passed on during his back/mental break from coaching.

Last edited:
Cattle need hearts.

They have that, when it suits them.

What they don't have is an unrelenting culture. Through Brad's Tenure we have had an issue addressing underperformance on a holistic level. We are all cool bouncing back, only to have another shit loss just around the corner.

If the team can win ripping games of footy, then there should be nothing stopping the building of an environment where that is the only acceptable level of play and it is unacceptable to play below it or there are consequences.

6 years and in every one of them we have had a catastrophic loss, this speaks to the consequence management that exists(or doesn't) within the club.

Each to their own, but I'd kind of like it based more on results and quantifiable improvement from year to year. I guess we'll know at the end of next year if that is an eventuality.

Philly wants him extended this year.

Personally I don't want him extended until we know that in 2016 we legitimately mean business and that it will not take yet another ridiculous shit show to get us to turn a corner and want to win games of footy.

Something we will only know part way through 2016.

What they don't have is an unrelenting culture. Through Brad's Tenure we have had an issue addressing underperformance on a holistic level. We are all cool bouncing back, only to have another shit loss just around the corner.

If the team can win ripping games of footy, then there should be nothing stopping the building of an environment where that is the only acceptable level of play and it is unacceptable to play below it or there are consequences.

6 years and in every one of them we have had a catastrophic loss, this speaks to the consequence management that exists(or doesn't) within the club.

Personally I don't want him extended until we know that in 2016 we legitimately mean business and that it will not take yet another ridiculous shit show to get us to turn a corner and want to win games of footy.

If we win a final, I say extend him.
The second week we could have to travel to Sydney or Perth.... I would hold out hope for a stirring win on the road. But would be ok if we were competitive, and would extend our coach. We are building baby!!!

After losing to the GC, the concerns (and collective angst) were valid. At that point, we didn't look like winning the required number of games to make the 8. We've now turned it around and won 5 in a row, albeit most times conceding a quarter or more. Some people are too hard to please if they are still not satisfied with what we've achieved from where we were.

Of course, our team's tendency to lose mental application for chunks of games is a worry, and indeed, it might lead to disappointing losses in the next four weeks, but that shouldn't be used to cloud our judgement of the 5 weeks of wins.

I still have faith in the coach, but clearly not as much as I used to (like Ralph Wiggums' heart breaking, I can identify the exact moment - Rd 1 v Adelaide). He certainly doesn't deserve an extension based on, if we achieve it, a single finals win, but he should be left in place for 2016 if we make the finals and perform well therein.

If we don't make finals this year with a near healthy and aging list why would we wait until mid 2016 to move on?

Surely there would be enough exposed output to make the call prior to then, another wasted season doesn't add any more evidence than we already have.

Will cost us more in memberships to carry Scott with a massively disgruntled supporter base than pay out, cut loose and start afresh.

Ps; I hope we win all games and it doesn't come to this, but it is very possible.

Last edited:
The second week we could have to travel to Sydney or Perth.... I would hold out hope for a stirring win on the road. But would be ok if we were competitive, and would extend our coach. We are building baby!!!

I think we need to wait to see that the team actually moves forward from whatever finals we make and has a red hot crack next year.

No round 1 ten goal lossses, no losses to sides in 18th. By mid year we should be well in the frame for a top 4 finish with designs on top 2.

If we don't make finals this year with a near healthy and aging list why would we wait until mid 2016 to move on?

Surely there would be enough exposed output to make the call prior to then, another wasted season doesn't add any more evidence that we already have.

I cannot see us missing finals, which means he gets next year.

I agree though, miss finals from here and it should be certains.

I agree that if we win a final we should consider extending him but not for as long as last time. If we miss finals or don't win one then the first half of next season will be huge for our coach.

I cannot see us missing finals, which means he gets next year.

I agree though, miss finals from here and it should be certains.

I can.

On my AFL predictor when I have us as winning two of next four (beating Saints and Tigers, losing to Freo and Bulldogs, which is a very possible outcome), we miss finals if other results go as per expectations.

To play finals for sure we need to win 3, or hope other results go our way. Not an ideal scenario and another reminder our shithouse performances this year could once again could cost us massively.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back