Play Nice Bye bye Brad

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We shall see after we play 3 teams in the top eight over the remainder of the season. If we play like today we will get thumped in all 3 of them, that's the worry. We have faded out and let teams have a run on that were 13th and 14th, yeah we also beat the 18th and 17th placed teams, not to mention the 15th and 9th and lost prior to that to the then 18th placed team. Yep fine form indeed.

Keep Brad and we will just keep status quo or go backwards. We will not improve.

6 in a row and sack scott?

Some go early - premature can be helped with medication.

When you think about it its quite unbelievable that we have just won 6 games in a row and people want to sack the coach. We should all be enjoying this period of winning instead of taking potshots at the coach or Sam Gibson, who played quite well today. I'm in the minority but I think the coach is going well.

Yes we have won 6, but we can't bury anyone. We keep fading out or not turning up, there is still no movement to stem run ons scott is not even reactive let alone proactive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When you think about it its quite unbelievable that we have just won 6 games in a row and people want to sack the coach. We should all be enjoying this period of winning instead of taking potshots at the coach or Sam Gibson, who played quite well today. I'm in the minority but I think the coach is going well.
Agree. We had a poor start to the year but winning builds confidence. Win next week and it's game on. Not many will want to play us in a final. We play 2 good quarters and win games. If we play 4 then look out.

margins of 41,25,72,64,35,37. Average winning margin over last 6 weeks of 46 points. Not sure we could be doing much more.
Lol - bye bye Brad. Kanga time must be mad as hell right now. This is not going to plan!!!

He tagged me into posts at half time and now disappeared.

Bye Bye KT.

Happened in the first final last year but we still got the win

So you were happy with how last year ended? I wasn't.

We had mental lapses last year, it didn't cost us v Essendon (...) but it cost us when we got to the big boys.

As it will again this year, barring some incredible, once-in-a-generation turnaround.

I think the supporters (and I accept there is plenty of reasons to be in favour of him) of Scott are missing the reason why the rest of us are not a fan.

It's not that we aren't playing 4 quarters v shit sides.

It's that we've had this problem for a long time, this poor concentration, inability to be switched on when needed etc. And it has cost us time and time again. It cost us from playing finals in 2013. It meant we were no hope of winning the prelim final in 2014. It could well be the difference in finishing top 4 this year depending on how we end the year (if we had managed to show more discipline and resolve v Collingwood we would be 4th right now)...

These same problems, rearing their ugly heads over and over again. And all I hear is "well it's not bad because we won 6 games in a row" (will we meet any of these teams in the big finals? no) and "well we beat Essendon in the elimination final despite only playing a half" (yeah, was great at the time).

Agree. We had a poor start to the year but winning builds confidence. Win next week and it's game on. Not many will want to play us in a final. We play 2 good quarters and win games. If we play 4 then look out.

I agree with this and hence remain optimistic. Like most here, however, I just hate the fact that the team still can't put it together. Six in a row is great, no doubt, but in each of the last five we have been destroyed for at least a quarter by lesser opposition. The worry is we won't get away with it against better opposition, so why is it still happening?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back