Play Nice Bye bye Brad

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
******don beat the Hawks this year, sack Clarkson.
In all seriousness, it doesn't really get any dumber than this type of assertion.

Are you comparing Brad to a multiple premiership coach that has had his team at the pointy end of the ladder for nigh on a decade?

Seriously?

**** me dead.

It's the coaches team. We've won 6 in a row and are sixth on the ladder in the most competitive season I can recall. I admit we are playing like a busted arse but we're still sixth. 10 teams could not have pulled out that third quarter. I can only see upside.
5 goals from 18 possessions in the 3rd quarter is unheard of... Plenty of positives to come out of the second half.
Brad Scott has said that we are yet to play our best footy this year... Scary proposition when we do, we can beat anyone on our day and I have full faith in the club that it WILL happen this year

If we win our remaining three will people just stfo about the coach? He bleeds for the club, we've just won 6 in a row for the first time since 99.
It's time we got behind our club and be united in our push to September. Enjoy the ride.

Getting behind the club is buying a membership, attending games etc. Criticising or praising the coach is person's prerogative.. I don't believe club will do any better than last year and then next year we decline even further. Time will tell.

In all seriousness, it doesn't really get any dumber than this type of assertion.

Are you comparing Brad to a multiple premiership coach that has had his team at the pointy end of the ladder for nigh on a decade?

Seriously?

**** me dead.
In all seriousness it was in response to other posters saying that good teams don't lose to lessor teams. Good coaches don't allow down performances....
**** me dead!!!

In all seriousness it was in response to other posters saying that good teams don't lose to lessor teams. Good coaches don't allow down performances....
**** me dead!!!
Yeah it was a ridiculous response and the phrase drawing a long bow would be apt.

Legitamate, reasoned criticisms are being given outrageous, glib responses by you and your mate Wild Bill, that in all honesty appear to lack any critical thought.

Yeah it was a ridiculous response and the phrase drawing a long bow would be apt.

Legitamate, reasoned criticisms are being given outrageous, glib responses by you and your mate Wild Bill, that in all honesty appear to lack any critical thought.
Was it ridiculous??
So the cheats aren't a shit side? Or the reigning back to back premiers aren't a good side?? Which one is it.
Because Wild Bill and I don't happen to agree with you, doesn't make our opinions outrageous or glib. 6wins in a row, is no joke. We made Geelong look second rate, in one of those wins, since then they have beaten Sydney and really took it up to Hawthorn for the majority of the game last night. But you are right sack Scott because well..... I don't know, we have bad quarters while averaging winning margins by over 40points.... Because he ummm doesn't drop players, oh wait he does now.... Ummmm I know because our development of draftees sucks, wait Atley, Brown, Cunners, Jmac, Goldy, Jack, Sugar, Garner, Taz, Wright are actually pretty darn good... Ahhhh I know we don't recruit good talent but Missy, Dal and Waite picked us..... How about because he doesn't endorse flying the flag... That's it lets sack him because of that!

I think the point is you both ignore the reasoned posts and then cherry-pick the crap posts to reply to.
So let me get this right, raising actual facts to dispute what you, yourself have described as a crap post, is not on... And in fact is so insulting to Grogg that using the term "for ****s sake" is absolutely called for?

Was it ridiculous??
So the cheats aren't a shit side? Or the reigning back to back premiers aren't a good side?? Which one is it.
Because Wild Bill and I don't happen to agree with you, doesn't make our opinions outrageous or glib. 6wins in a row, is no joke. We made Geelong look second rate, in one of those wins, since then they have beaten Sydney and really took it up to Hawthorn for the majority of the game last night. But you are right sack Scott because well..... I don't know, we have bad quarters while averaging winning margins by over 40points.... Because he ummm doesn't drop players, oh wait he does now.... Ummmm I know because our development of draftees sucks, wait Atley, Brown, Cunners, Jmac, Goldy, Jack, Sugar, Garner, Taz, Wright are actually pretty darn good... Ahhhh I know we don't recruit good talent but Missy, Dal and Waite picked us..... How about because he doesn't endorse flying the flag... That's it lets sack him because of that!
Yes it was ridiculous, much like a good deal of your post above.

For a start, where did I say Sack Scott? I'll give you a hint I didn't, anywhere. It's these types of exaggerations that are ridiculous, so my original statement still stands.

Ridiculous posting that lacks any critical thought.

Yes it was ridiculous, much like a good deal of your post above.

For a start, where did I say Sack Scott? I'll give you a hint I didn't, anywhere. It's these types of exaggerations that are ridiculous, so my original statement still stands.

Ridiculous posting that lacks any critical thought.
This entire thread is about sacking Scott!!! Or did you forget to read the thread title! The exaggerations have been many and have come often in demanding the end of the Scott era, but you have conveniently forgotten to post your distaste of those. My point still stands, that if good teams don't lose to not so good teams can you explain why Hawthorn don't go undefeated every year??

So let me get this right, raising actual facts to dispute what you, yourself have described as a crap post, is not on... And in fact is so insulting to Grogg that using the term "for ****s sake" is absolutely called for?
I wasn't offended, just astounded. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wasn't offended, just astounded. ;)
The following:"In all seriousness, it doesn't really get any dumber than this type of assertion.

Seriously?

**** me dead."

Was you astounded, but not offended?? Wow, I hope I never offend you then, because labelling my opinion as "doesn't get any dumber" (primary school aged insult granted) and ending your post with "**** me dead" seems like you got a bit emotive...

This entire thread is about sacking Scott!!! Or did you forget to read the thread title! The exaggerations have been many and have come often in demanding the end of the Scott era, but you have conveniently forgotten to post your distaste of those. My point still stands, that if good teams don't lose to not so good teams can you explain why Hawthorn don't go undefeated every year??
I actually agree that the OP was premature and at the time of posting Scott was still a relatively juniour coach that was accorded a certain amount of latitude due to his in experience. We've moved past that now and the expectations have risen accordingly.

Good teams all have small fluctuations in performance from week to week, sometimes even great ones. However these performances are not the norm, they are the abberation. We are still dishing up similar performances to two to three years ago. Hence the increased scrutiny from the supporters on here and the resultant negativity towards the coach and playing group. Hardly outrageous or surprising.

Thing is, if someone wants to put forward a reasoned argument as to why they don't think Scott is the right man to be coaching us, that doesn't necessary equate to some sort of rabid "sack Scott!!" attitude.

There have been plenty of excellent posts in this thread. You generally ignore those and then quote the rubbish/exaggerated ones.

Thing is, if someone wants to put forward a reasoned argument as to why they don't think Scott is the right man to be coaching us, that doesn't necessary equate to some sort of rabid "sack Scott!!" attitude.

There have been plenty of excellent posts in this thread. You generally ignore those and then quote the rubbish/exaggerated ones.
And what exactly is your point??
If I disagree with an outlandish clearly false and or exaggerated post, I'm doing the wrong thing??

And what exactly is your point??
If I disagree with an outlandish clearly false and or exaggerated post, I'm doing the wrong thing??

My point is you equate this thread to being something it clearly isn't, because you only acknowledge the most outlandish parts of it.

My point is you equate this thread to being something it clearly isn't, because you only acknowledge the most outlandish parts of it.
I equate this thread to being a sack Brad Scott thread.... Which I think it is. I think I have been pretty consistent with my opinions, and my rebuttals for as long as I have been aware of this threads existence. We are not even one year removed from me sitting in a cafe the Tuesday before the prelim last year with some North mates putting our names in the ballot for GF seats.... This coach took us there, we aren't done yet this year either.

Good to read your posts again Kelman. I find it astounding that BS isn't moulding North into a tackling machine - pressure team that has clearly showing Hawthorn as mere mortals. Do coaches bother watch the measuring stick of the league?

Good on Hardwick in figuring it all out and clearly the Cats last night showed that the Hawks are extremely vulnerable to relentless pressure but unfortunately for North fans, we have to put up with an on-going snooze/ handbrake second quarters even against lesser teams.

It will be interesting to see what happens against Freo. I think we sometimes take a different mindset in when we are the hunted as opposed to the hunter, and it reflects in our intensity.

5 goals from 18 possessions in the 3rd quarter is unheard of... Plenty of positives to come out of the second half.
Brad Scott has said that we are yet to play our best footy this year... Scary proposition when we do, we can beat anyone on our day and I have full faith in the club that it WILL happen this year
Well when will we play our best footy??????? Time is running out

The tigers had no issues burying the gold coast today and bulldogs are currently obliterating a happless melbourne. This team has no killer instinct and it all starts with the coach who settles for 'just good/average' not great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back