Play Nice Bye bye Brad

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are shit.

But I'd appreciate a heads up of a time where a team has implemented a much needed new set up and nailed it perfectly.
a much needed new set up?
in your opinion.

we have gone from a free flowing, attacking side who were capable of matching it with the best
to a static, defensive side, unable to attack for any sustained period of time

we're averaging 44 inside 50's. that is ****ing pathetic. our game plan last year was fine. our fitness was not.

I'm glad your content with mediocrity though.

Look it is not BS fault that the players turned it over and Collingwood's first 40 points were from out turnovers.

What is is the selection of Currie and Petrie creating 2 statues for wasted inside 50s and easy rebounds.

that is the biggest rubbish I have ever heard. who drafts the ****ing players? who trades for the players? who picks the players in the 22?
do you realise why hawthorn are so bloody successful? they identified a game plan and recruited players to suit it. why do hawthorns players not turn the ball over.... because their coach recruited players with precise and reliable foot skills.

give me a break!! of course the coach is responsible for the foot skills of his players. they are his players.

it's not coincedence or luck that hawthorn and other clubs have traded for and drafted players with a-grade foot skills. it matters. less turnovers and all that!!!

You guys are such a Jekyll and Hyde side. You absolutely destroyed our ball movement with pressure and monstered us in the contests.

I attended yesterdays game, and the biggest issue appeared to be a combination of player and coach mistakes.

Firstly, your guys far top often just jammed it on the boot instead of lowering your eyes, being patient and finding targets. Collingwood took advantage by leaving a loose man in defence to make it really difficult for your forwards to be able to compete for those kicks.

Scott needed to man up the loose man, and he also needed to instruct the players to run the ball, lower their eyes and spot up targets. Just slamming it on the. boot made it very easy for Collingwood to keep launching attacks.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

a much needed new set up?
in your opinion.

we have gone from a free flowing, attacking side who were capable of matching it with the best
to a static, defensive side, unable to attack for any sustained period of time

we're averaging 44 inside 50's. that is ******* pathetic. our game plan last year was fine. our fitness was not.

I'm glad your content with mediocrity though.
:rolleyes:

that is the biggest rubbish I have ever heard. who drafts the ******* players? who trades for the players? who picks the players in the 22?
do you realise why hawthorn are so bloody successful? they identified a game plan and recruited players to suit it. why do hawthorns players not turn the ball over.... because their coach recruited players with precise and reliable foot skills.

give me a break!! what planet are you on? of course the coach is responsible for the foot skills of his players.

Right so the early turnovers for scores were Wells, McDonald, Grima and NDS. Lost count of Harvey coughing it up mainly by hand in the first half. Scotty T was doing the kick outs and we did not clear the area.

So what planet are you on? Pretty sure our most of turnover merchants yesterday would get a game for anyone.

But by all means throw a tantrum and do not actually watch the game oh condescending one.

Right so the early turnovers for scores were Wells, McDonald, Grima and NDS. Lost count of Harvey coughing it up mainly by hand in the first half. Scotty T was doing the kick outs and we did not clear the area.

So what planet are you on? Pretty sure our most of turnover merchants yesterday would get a game for anyone.

But by all means throw a tantrum and do not actually watch the game oh condescending one.

if you don't think there's any link between poor skill level and the responsbility of the coach then you're really, really struggling and must be scratching your head at how lucky hawthorn are to have ended up with all of those a-grade ball users.... all about luck....

if you don't think there's any link between poor skill level and the responsbility of the coach then you're really, really struggling and must be scratching your head at how lucky hawthorn are to have ended up with all of those a-grade ball users.... all about luck....

Poor response. Shagga owned you when he listed the players who turned it over.

Look it is not BS fault that the players turned it over and Collingwood's first 40 points were from out turnovers.

What is is the selection of Currie and Petrie creating 2 statues for wasted inside 50s and easy rebounds.
Have to persist with Petrie. We get swallow and Jz back which should help with our pressure and forward line entry. Disappointing yesterday but not the end of the world.

3 weeks ago I wanted a 2-2 result to be ok. Looks like it will pan out that way. Only a few km into a marathon. Believe.....

Let me set you fellas straight.

Your all on the right path.

Brad Scott stunk it up as much as the players- it was a combination.

Letting Harry O running around all game loose was pathetic coaching.
Not tagging anyone was pretty bad as well.
When the we start badly or getting beaten- Bon doesnt make many changes to try and turn it around

Players skills and decision making was 100% different than the swans game.
Skill aint up to it
Decision making is to slow and wrong so often.

I think Scott is a skillful developer of players but if he makes a selection mistake(like Currie over Nahas) he needs to own up to it. Not justify it in his presser by saying that Currie has earnt his shot.

It was a structural mistake. Not the case of picking the wrong ruck man. Nahas would have brought pace and pressure if plonked next to Drew in the fwd 50. North Goals from fwd pressure were entirely absent yesterday.

He has had games where he coached really well. Last week for example. Yesterday he was owned by Figjam.
After 4 years, I have abandoned any hope of Scott becoming a consistent match day performer like his brother or Ross Lyon. He stubbornly sticks to his plan each week.

He selects passengers again and again. Stubbornly sticking with his selections despite their lack of input.
His list is maturing to the point that there is so much emerging and senior talent, that he can no longer hide behind the youth of the team. We ain't rebuilding anymore.
This team needs to start playing like a group in a premiership window - right now! The leaders better start leading
The moral fibre of the team will determine how well they go in 2014. The experience and talent is there and improving(for the most part)
Despite his long contract, he will be held accountable for his results from here on.

I think Scott is a skillful developer of players but if he makes a selection mistake(like Currie over Nahas) he needs to own up to it. Not justify it in his presser by saying that Currie has earnt his shot.

It was a structural mistake. Not the case of picking the wrong ruck man. Nahas would have brought pace and pressure if plonked next to Drew in the fwd 50. North Goals from fwd pressure were entirely absent yesterday.

He has had games where he coached really well. Last week for example. Yesterday he was owned by Figjam.
After 4 years, I have abandoned any hope of Scott becoming a consistent match day performer like his brother or Ross Lyon. He stubbornly sticks to his plan each week.

He selects passengers again and again. Stubbornly sticking with his selections despite their lack of input.
His list is maturing to the point that there is so much emerging and senior talent, that he can no longer hide behind the youth of the team. We ain't rebuilding anymore.
This team needs to start playing like a group in a premiership window - right now! The leaders better start leading
The moral fibre of the team will determine how well they go in 2014. The experience and talent is there and improving(for the most part)
Despite his long contract, he will be held accountable for his results from here on.

I hope to be proven wrong, although i don't think Currie can cut it as a forward at this level. The other problem being that Goldstein shows nothing when he is forward as well.

When does Taz return? The forward line is really missing him.

Poor selection + no tagging players who are hurting us + slow or no reaction to opposition coaching moves/set-ups = Senior Coach issues.

Lack of run in patches(sometimes the entire game) + terrible decision-making + poor pressure + large numbers of unforced turnovers + lack of shepherding + hospital hand passes + kicking out of congestion with no target in mind or just kicking to outnumbered contests = senior player issues.

Put it all together and you have a situation which can't be fixed quickly or easily.

The missing cogs will no doubt return and there will be capable of periods of sustained excellence as well.
But while North continues to frequently regress to such low levels of effort and execution as witnessed in round one and one five, I fear we will only be treading water.
It's sad because the talent at Scott's disposal now is capable of so much more.
I know it's only round five and we have seen a 2 week patch of savage, sustained pressure and slick disposal(I thought our skill level was woeful against the doggies although the effort was there)
But the quality of football on display against the bombers and the pies was so deplorable, my faith in our progress has taken a severe hit.
We will regain Ziebell, Swallow, Tarrant and JMAC and we could work our way into sustained good form. We could stretch two good weeks into ten good weeks. But It's now doubtful. We can no longer write off the Essendon debacle as an aberration.
In other words, the next absolute stinker will surprise no-one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

....um, we don't tag, haven't tagged and probably never will tag under Scott.

It amazes me that it comes up every time we lose.

Yet in his presser during the week B.Scott made a point of saying Pendlebury "wont be left to run around on his own", he had 30+ touches, hate to think how many he would have racked up had he been 'left alone', lol:rolleyes:

Currie is not AFL standard but I can understand Scott's view in bringing him in to help Goldstein out, just like I could understand he dropping him for a small in Nahas last week in the wet. Petrie is no 2nd ruck and is horribly out of form himself, Goldy also can't be expected to do it alone as has been proven many many times when he gets tired, and with other options like Brown, Daw and tarrent unavailable, I can see why he gave Currie another opportunity despite how unconvincing he has been.
No, don't you understand, it's Scott's fault that we are running with our 4th-choice of third tall (arguably 5th if Curran had been able to develop) because we need to protect Goldy from being worked over by Grundy and Witts a week before facing Sandilands. Tarrant, Daw definitely play ahead of him if fit. You could make a case for a fully fit Brown as a R/F and even Wood as a third forward to be no worse. Potting Currie and Scott over this is inane.

/sarcasm, whatever. I'm a bit over this board today.

Currie no good since day 1, all the hype surrounding him has been misguided to say the least......

Yet in his presser during the week B.Scott made a point of saying Pendlebury "wont be left to run around on his own", he had 30+ touches, hate to think how many he would have racked up had he been 'left alone', lol:rolleyes:

Still not tagging....its 'collective defensive pressure'...o_O

So when we win its all because of Scott but when we lose its nothing to do with him.....umm no:rolleyes:
Good to see all of you Brad Scott bashers show up again after a loss. This week must be like Xmas for you all.

Bad supporters want perfect football 100% of the time. Good supporters accept bad football some of the time. It is a team sport and at time things don't go to plan, yesterday was one of those.

Bashing Brad Scott after each loss is getting so boring and tiresome, especially when no credit is given after a win. Bashing posters who are positive and optimistic of where we are heading is also pathetic.

Good to see all of you Brad Scott bashers show up again after a loss. This week must be like Xmas for you all.

Bad supporters want perfect football 100% of the time. Good supporters accept bad football some of the time. It is a team sport and at time things don't go to plan, yesterday was one of those.

Bashing Brad Scott after each loss is getting so boring and tiresome, especially when no credit is given after a win. Bashing posters who are positive and optimistic of where we are heading is also pathetic.

Re http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/the-where-have-you-been-posters-thread.1059215/

Just to show how easy it is to justify having a go at just about anyone, I'd like to load up on Scott Thompson. His idiotically useless 50 meter penalty to Cloke kickstarted Cloke's season. Without that 50 metre penalty, I have no doubt that Cloke would have ended up with zip and confidence totally shot (just like Petrie). The Pies would have gone in at three quarter time leading by 20 points at most. Thomas scores the first goal of the last quarter and we go on with it just like against Port!

Well, it makes sense to me!

BTW. Scotty Thompson is the first person that Brad Scott should and will pick this week.

Just to show how easy it is to justify having a go at just about anyone, I'd like to load up on Scott Thompson. His idiotically useless 50 meter penalty to Cloke kickstarted Cloke's season. Without that 50 metre penalty, I have no doubt that Cloke would have ended up with zip and confidence totally shot (just like Petrie). The Pies would have gone in at three quarter time leading by 20 points at most. Thomas scores the first goal of the last quarter and we go on with it just like against Port!

Well, it makes sense to me!

BTW. Scotty Thompson is the first person that Brad Scott should and will pick this week.

cklUmtl.png

...well lets hope someone whacks Black on Friday night to get him going.
Yeah, but at least, Black was really good last week. It's Drew who I think would really fire up if someone slapped him! I really love Drew and I want him to do well but when he had his kick blocked down in the second quarter, I nearly lost it completely!

You guys are such a Jekyll and Hyde side. You absolutely destroyed our ball movement with pressure and monstered us in the contests.

I attended yesterdays game, and the biggest issue appeared to be a combination of player and coach mistakes.

Firstly, your guys far top often just jammed it on the boot instead of lowering your eyes, being patient and finding targets. Collingwood took advantage by leaving a loose man in defence to make it really difficult for your forwards to be able to compete for those kicks.

Scott needed to man up the loose man, and he also needed to instruct the players to run the ball, lower their eyes and spot up targets. Just slamming it on the. boot made it very easy for Collingwood to keep launching attacks.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Spot on.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back