Bye bye Game Day Announcer

Remove this Banner Ad

The MC, the Game Day Announcer, the ****wit with a microphone during the breaks

Call him what you want, somehow during this horrendous 5 years this bloke has managed to be the worst thing about going to a North Melbourne match.

Does anyone here actually like him? Does he get any response from the fans whatsoever?

He isn't being paid is he?

Someone help, I simply can't do another match with him squealing like a 12 year old that the half time song picked was Call me Maybe

"Make some noise North fans support the boys" North trail by 73 points

l would like to go back to the days of watching the little league play at half time. l hate all the other types of "entertainment" that's provided. l also hate the introduction to the players entering the ground with them singing and then a lag before the chorus is started. If they want the players to sing the song then have them sing the chorus as well which can coincide with them enetering the area and also the countdown to start the game with the players calling out the time to start the game which relates to their jumper number....I GO FOR THE FOOTBALL!!! NOTHING MORE AND NOTHING LESS>> :mad:

The MC, the Game Day Announcer, the ******* with a microphone during the breaks

Call him what you want, somehow during this horrendous 5 years this bloke has managed to be the worst thing about going to a North Melbourne match.

Does anyone here actually like him? Does he get any response from the fans whatsoever?

Someone help, I simply can't do another match with him squealing like a 12 year old that the half time song picked was Call me Maybe

There was noise at the players race after the game alright lol.

The AFL is like a big jobs program for all the people who wouldn't be employable in a real private sector organisation that has pressure on it to turn a profit or die. The rich kids who went to private school that are too dumb for real business get to be AFL executives and come up with great ideas like Round 0, then pretend they're responsible for one of the largest Australian public institutions continuing to make money. The guy who always wanted to be an events host but doesn't have the voice for it gets to announce every single game at Marvel Stadium.

I’m holding to my long held view that he should be fired out of a cannon. That would make for some good halftime entertainment.

I quite liked having Libby Birch doing a bit over the loudspeakers at the ground. But that shouty guy is awful and the “make some noise” has always been cringeworthy. Now it’s utterly beyond the pale.

Think he is a North only guy, my school mate is the onfield Essendon Announcer.

He must have been filling in for the Essendon game then. It was definitely him. (And I've only been to one Essendon home game, because... ew).

I believe he's employed by Marvel Stadium, not the club.

I've seen him work as the Game Day Announcer for Essendon home games as well.

I’ve been to Carlton home games and it isn’t him. Same with Geelong.

I prefer the girl that filled in a couple of years back who couldn’t even say the players names correctly “zooharrr”

Anything is better than this guy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is about 500th down the list of things I don't like about the footy at the moment lol

I don't like that the food stores at Marvel no longer have the Tomato/Mustard/BBQ sauce pump bottles!

Sachets SUCK!

Fix it, Sonja!

I don't like that the food stores at Marvel no longer have the Tomato/Mustard/BBQ sauce pump bottles!

Sachets SUCK!

Fix it, Sonja!
Truth. I threw several sachets back before realising none of them opened the way they were supposed to, I had to open it with my teeth and it splashed down my brand new bounding roo jumper. Meanwhile, my chips got cold. Comfort eating became just another source of unhappiness.

Steve Tabone is the 'hype' guy at the North games. Also think he does the Collingwood games.
Geelong have the girl from the same company - Ash Aidone, but all she seems to do is yell into the mic.

But the two guys that we have in Hobart, Jimmy and Nath, they're absolutely useless, as they have no idea on the game, players or anything. They can F off!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's becomes a bit tedious when ya losing and having a small crowd in attendance.

But we've had worse....

Remember the giant ballon sausage holding the banner? Tim Rogers pre-game north song that no one sung? John Farnham songs during the halftime trying to get the crowd singing along?

Lol when footy sucks it really sucks on every level for us doesn’t it?
Now it’s the MC.
What sort of contract is he on?
What’s his plan? What are his KPIs?
Why did Brady pick him?

I wouldn’t be surprised if Brady picked him, probably signed until 2030

Far from the worst thing about going to games...

Exhibit A. 16.50 pints outside the ground and 12 dollar cans of mid inside are.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bye bye Game Day Announcer

Remove this Banner Ad

Back