• Parkdale Vultures

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mazenod

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if you'd agree with me, but I reckon the 2006 VAFA C Section Grand Final doesn't get the recognition it should get for being one of the all-time great games-not just in the VAFA, but in the Aussie Rules code. After all, how many times do you see a team play football the way AJAX did in that first half, only to see one of the finest fightbacks from an impossible position which is what St Bedes Mentone Tigers did, then possibly one of the best final quarters of football one could ever wish to see, and a win by the narrowest of margins-1 point.

Jase what more recognition do you want. Do you want the game replayed daily on the big screen in Fed Square at 7pm every night.

The VAFA community know that the game was a one of a kind but I think everyone one knows its time to move Were in A Grade now with a half a chance of winning the flag. C Grade is all but a memory now albeit a one we wont forget

RD 13 Tips:

Hampton v MHSOB - After 2 consecutive losses, got back on track convincingly, at home too easy again - 50pts
Mazenod v Rupo - Will be a close game & to kick 20 goals in a losing side last week, Rupo will serve it up to the Nodders - 21pts
Ormond v Ajax - Match of the round, both sides in good form & confident of a win, will be nothing in it all day, playing at the Gunn will suit - 10pts
Monash v Oakleigh - In great form at the moment - 35pts
Parkdale v Whitefriars - 'Friars on their way to D1, Parky still looking at finals - 74pts

I don't know if you'd agree with me, but I reckon the 2006 VAFA C Section Grand Final doesn't get the recognition it should get for being one of the all-time great games-not just in the VAFA, but in the Aussie Rules code. After all, how many times do you see a team play football the way AJAX did in that first half, only to see one of the finest fightbacks from an impossible position which is what St Bedes Mentone Tigers did, then possibly one of the best final quarters of football one could ever wish to see, and a win by the narrowest of margins-1 point.

Jase, it's time to give it a rest mate. Everyone's well aware of how good the game was. Keep the focus on C Section 2008.

I've got this feeling that we could well see several upsets on the cards tomorrow, seeing forecast is for rain. Is there a chance we could see the teams like AJAX, Rupo, MHSOB that are outside the 4 beat the top 4 sides, like we saw 3 weeks ago?

You are correct.. For Goldy to say that Ormond will be a pushover at home is ridiculous and I assure everyone that Ajax has the highest respect for Ormond and this will be a keenly fought battle between two in form sides.
There is a lot at stake...
Goldy is no friend of Ajax if he keeps dishing up that crap !

i have respect for ormond. they are the best team with oakliegh at the moment. but our games in the last two weeks shows it looks like everything is coming together and we are getting it right. i don't think it can be a pushover. i think that we will win because our form is looking good.

I'm thinking the same as you Jascave. Us High boys are pumped up to beat the ladder leaders tomorrow on their own park. We've got the game plan to do it, like we have shown in the past few weeks, however we have been unlucky not to win the close ones. Some teams are lucky out there that we won't be making the finals!!!

mmm dno bout winning tomorrow MH-Grad.. but i do agree uve been slightly unlucky, hampton have a bit too much depth i rkn for u tomorrow.. do us all a favour tho and knock out there #1.. flipping ****

HERE WE GO, round 13 Tips

HR vs MHSOB: as i said above, rovers by 35

MAZ vs RUPO: mazenod HAVE to win this one, nearly kiss finals goodbye if they dont.. and i rkn they will slip! going to tip the sunbury bumkins by 12

ORMOND vs AJAX: the big one, think we'll be able to turn last times result around on our own track.. id tip us by a couple

MONASH vs OAK: oakleigh in form, monash out of form.. can definetly sense oakleigh slumping soon.. hope the maggots didn't peak to early, krushers by 22 against an average team

PARKDALE vs WHITEFRIARS: really.. who cares about this one. i dont.. neither finals contenders, parky by however much they win by

I've got this feeling that we could well see several upsets on the cards tomorrow, seeing forecast is for rain. Is there a chance we could see the teams like AJAX, Rupo, MHSOB that are outside the 4 beat the top 4 sides, like we saw 3 weeks ago?

Jase if rain is forcast AJAX haven't a hope in hell.

In case you hadn't picked up on it, Goldy is not an ajax supporter. He just likes stirring the pot. He has picked the name Goldy and the location as Caulfield to feign legitimacy. By all means fall into his trap (and that of our long lost friend yosi) but please don't actually think it is somethign serious!

what and you think this guy is a legitimate melb high supporter.. i thnk not.

just back from a great game at ormond
ajax won 16.9 to 11.23 - ormond probably should have won (9 more scoring shots and looked much better going into attack)

1/4 time saw ormond lead 6.11 to 3.1 with a big breeze at their back. the wind progressively died down over the next three quarters - pretty much dead still in the last.

ajax kicked 7 straight after 1/4 time in the process keeping ormond goalless in the second quarter. however, ormond kicked a couple into red time in the third to take a 7 point lead into the last.

on the back of two absolute ripper goals from dukes in the last ajax ended up running out winners.

match of the round next week hampton v ajax at sportscover?

just back from a great game at ormond
ajax won 16.9 to 11.23 - ormond probably should have won (9 more scoring shots and looked much better going into attack)

1/4 time saw ormond lead 6.11 to 3.1 with a big breeze at their back. the wind progressively died down over the next three quarters - pretty much dead still in the last.

ajax kicked 7 straight after 1/4 time in the process keeping ormond goalless in the second quarter. however, ormond kicked a couple into red time in the third to take a 7 point lead into the last.

on the back of two absolute ripper goals from dukes in the last ajax ended up running out winners.

match of the round next week hampton v ajax at sportscover?

Good call Gun Footballer .... a great game by 2 good sides ...
Any one who says Ajax is soft is so wrong ... and the Jackas will continue to build momentum after it's 3rd straight win .
Duke's goal in the last term was unbelievable as was the "mark of the day" by Janover which gave Ajax a vital break in the last term .
Don't write Ormond off.... their inacurracy was costly but the Ajax defence had Ormond under pressure all day.
Ajax VS Rovers should be a ripper in 2 weeks..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rupo had another shocker yesterday. What i have seeen, can't pick this years premiers. Mazenod are a great club and have great people so i hope they make it. I think it is time to recognize the medical staff at every club. Most of them work for very little, and in the past years at Rupo we have been lucky in that we have had few injuries. This year the medical group that have got together on Tuesdays has been similar to the emergency hospital at Royal melbourne, working overtime for very little return. Garuda Airlines also have offerd deals that have been too good to refuse. Not an excuse though, we will challenge War And Peace as a novel, no doubt.

Was a good game yesterday, all credit to Ajax, they converted their chances better than us which was the difference in the end. We seemed to blaze away when kicking with the wind while Ajax kicked accurately.

Dukes certainly has lost some weight &is coming into fitness now, good to see Ajax upstairs after the game too

What a refreshing sight to see Leah Gallagher umpiring Ajax VS Ormond.
Her experience was evident..
She was where the ball was and always in position to give consistent/definitive decisions.
No one need bag umpires if they all reach that level...

Rupo had another shocker yesterday. What i have seeen, can't pick this years premiers. Mazenod are a great club and have great people so i hope they make it. I think it is time to recognize the medical staff at every club. Most of them work for very little, and in the past years at Rupo we have been lucky in that we have had few injuries. This year the medical group that have got together on Tuesdays has been similar to the emergency hospital at Royal melbourne, working overtime for very little return. Garuda Airlines also have offerd deals that have been too good to refuse. Not an excuse though, we will challenge War And Peace as a novel, no doubt.

KB..... It is that time of the year! Every Club has minimum 6-8 players out with injuries..
I guarantee not one side is playing at full strength....and Clubs are successful if they have strong depth in Ressies and Under 19's.

What a refreshing sight to see Leah Gallagher umpiring Ajax VS Ormond.
Her experience was evident..
She was where the ball was and always in position to give consistent/definitive decisions.
No one need bag umpires if they all reach that level...
She was bad,but not as bad as her offsider,very inconsistent.Ajax reserves ump tried his best to get his team a win,but failed

She was bad,but not as bad as her offsider,very inconsistent.Ajax reserves ump tried his best to get his team a win,but failed

Just as much as the time-keepers who sounded the siren at the 20 minute mark of the last quarter, after Ormond nearly surrended a 7- goal lead in the space of 10 minutes.

Just as much as the time-keepers who sounded the siren at the 20 minute mark of the last quarter, after Ormond nearly surrended a 7- goal lead in the space of 10 minutes.
Thats why there is 2 of them, 1 from each club. Game finished at 1.50 too so not sure what the go with the rules there are.

What would the VAFA have done with Dean Solomon for his hit on Cameron Ling if they were playing in a VAFA game?

Thats why there is 2 of them, 1 from each club. Game finished at 1.50 too so not sure what the go with the rules there are.
All reserve games must finish at 1.50pm regardless of the time played. If the last quarter only went 20 min. then either the breaks were too long, a lot of goals were scored or there was time off for send offs/blood rule/ etc.

Crap conditions? Are you sure you were at the Gunn Reserve Bedford? I saw the second half and thought the ground was in good condition despite the rain during the week. Perhaps a little short on grass cover but firm under foot. As for the Lady umpire. She was the best I have seen all year. No player from either side disputed a decission she made. The again, she is a copper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back