Confirmed Caleb Daniel - Traded to North Melb for pick 25

Remove this Banner Ad

Considering it was reported that you'd move pick 25 for Daniel I'd think we'd want more than Kennedy
No it was reported we’d consider that as part of a deal with something else extra coming back our way

This 3 way trade makes it that nothing extra needs to be added

Kennedy, Daniel, future 3rd seems about right

2 contracted players looking for more opportunity get a fresh start and blues get a future 3rd

Given you already offered it with a pick in the late 40s coming back it's pretty obvious you'll just relent and give the 25 outright especially now that Houston is gone
as mentioned our future second/3rd rounder we couldnt use as offers cos we were gonna trade a f1 for houston

now these have been unlocked to use

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3 way trade
GWS trade XOH 15 16 get F1 Nth and 25 35
North trade F1 25 & 62 get Daniel 16 & F1 GWS F1 Dogs
Dogs Trade Dainel 35 F1 get XOH 15 & 62

i'll simplify it

3 way trade
GWS get 44 and 62
North get daniel
Dogs get XOH

can replace gws with blues and insert kennedy and they get the picks for campo bids

I doubt the roos will be disappointed even for 25 straight swap.

People forget he was all australian a few years back. I don't think he's got worse since then. It's just that he can only play 1 role at a really high level (hb play maker) and the dogs for whatever reason have preffered others in that spot. Is not a midfielder. Is not a forward. Is not a lockdown defender.

I doubt the roos will be disappointed even for 25 straight swap.

People forget he was all australian a few years back. I don't think he's got worse since then. It's just that he can only play 1 role at a really high level (hb play maker) and the dogs for whatever reason have preffered others in that spot. Is not a midfielder. Is not a forward. Is not a lockdown defender.
Spot on huge upgrade on Fisher down there and frees up Sheezel and McKercher to play on ball

Daniel on paper is a good fit for North if he gets to play in the role he's played his best football in.
Exactly what North could use.
Interested to see if it gets done

I understand Dogs wanting to not give up a contracted player under 30 unless its favorable, but don't think Caleb is the player we should be paying a premium for.

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed Caleb Daniel - Traded to North Melb for pick 25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back