Can Hawthorn succeed while ignoring the elite end of the draft?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carlton are no measuring stick.. it was 70-26 going into the last qtr and we played a top up in the ruck with a bunch of VFL players around him. Carlton are horrid make no mistake, Gold Coast the only team to finish below them.

We will be around the bottom end of the 8, making up the numbers to be honest. Expect us to be big players in the up-coming free agency with a ton of salary being wiped off with likely large salaries of Ruffy and Birch off the books, a good 1.4m right there.

They aren't, but get a load of Carlton posters sharing their wisdom with us in this thread. Which is about the effect of having no early draft picks.

Yeah in November, after the season is over.
Please don't bring context to this.

While you're here though maybe delete the Hawthorn post clearly trolling above?

The whole thread is hawthorn haters trolling us. Sad when actual exposed facts don't fit the narrative

My post is more 'told you so' than a troll
No it isn't, the whole thread is people analysing and forming opinions on Hawthorns current list and possible future. You're just taking offence because its about your team and you don't agree with the wider AFL public.

Carlton are no measuring stick.. it was 70-26 going into the last qtr and we played a top up in the ruck with a bunch of VFL players around him. Carlton are horrid make no mistake, Gold Coast the only team to finish below them.

We will be around the bottom end of the 8, making up the numbers to be honest. Expect us to be big players in the up-coming free agency with a ton of salary being wiped off with likely large salaries of Ruffy and Birch off the books, a good 1.4m right there.

Not that much offer this year. Maybe you can throw some Levi Casboult's way

The whole thread is hawthorn haters trolling us. Sad when actual exposed facts don't fit the narrative

If this whole thread was trolling it'd be in the bay.

Questioning Hawthorn isn't trolling. Claiming victory after a pre-season scratch match against Carlton is.

But never mind, I'll be told to let it go and move along soon and you'll be able to keep trolling the mainboard.

Hawthorne fans seem to have fallen a long way if they are celebrating a pre-prematch.

But it would take a massive massive disaster to fall as far as Carlton anytime in the next five years on this evidence. I'm not sure even Gold Coast can take the spoon off them.

make no mistake if it was Carltons youth which had smacked Hawthorns there'd be plenty of people all over this thread.

Last edited:
No it isn't, the whole thread is people analysing and forming opinions on Hawthorns current list and possible future. You're just taking offence because its about your team and you don't agree with the wider AFL public.

Hawthorn and Geelong will be fighting out the arse end of the 8, probably same as Swans to... not a whole great deal to look forward to in 19 from those 3, realities are we won’t match the Pies/Tiges/Dees and likely the Eagles as well. The bottom half of the 8 is a raffle.

Oh please.

Adding Cogs would be huge for Hawthorn.

He'd be huge for any team but Hawks need to replace Roughy and Frawley. TOB and Brand aint the answer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so we have a rubbish midfield according to you, but adding an elite midfielder isn't a need? hmmmm ok then.

I don't think it's your biggest need.

I don't think it's your biggest need.
Cogs would be a pretty handy Burgoyne replacement.

We also picked up Jacob Kosi in the draft who was the AA FB in under 18's last year, with only Ben King considered a better key defensive prospect from last year's batch, so we've also planned ahead for Frawley as well.

Last edited:
Hawks won 15 games last year with Rough being average at best and Burgoyne missing a lot of the season and not being great when he played. Birchall also never played a game so a lot of the immediate drop off from aged players has already been felt and we did pretty well.

True. Who is Roughy's handy replacement. It was meant to be Lynch.
Who's gonna replace Hawkins who's only a year younger than Roughy? Sav looks promising but isn't a 60 goal a year key forward.

Hawthorn and Geelong will be fighting out the arse end of the 8, probably same as Swans to... not a whole great deal to look forward to in 19 from those 3, realities are we won’t match the Pies/Tiges/Dees and likely the Eagles as well. The bottom half of the 8 is a raffle.
No argument from me. We'll all probably bounce back quicker than most other clubs though.

Odd comment when you were the one who bumped the thread to say I told you we (hawks) are better then carlton.. 🙄

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back