Can Port win a premiership under Ken Hinkley?

Remove this Banner Ad

I think this is the year.

They already had the midfield, and now have sorted their defence and forward line. Georgiades coming back from injury has been a huge boost for them, shifting Sav there has become a potent target plus Rioli is a quality small despite not having the physique for an AFL footballer. BZT has been a huge recruit for their backline too.

They should easily account for Geelong and, if they get the Swans in a Prelim, then they'll at least be in the GF for sure.

It's ken's children now. Ken raised rozee jhf and butters. It would be rather cruel to not let him coach out there entire careers. After raising those kids.

Imagine raising the kids then seeing them ripped away from you as they are beginning to shine. Ken deserves the see out those threes footy careers
As a foster parent he's created a safe second home for Esava, Willie Rioli, Zerk-Thatcher, Burton et al. too. They've become a bit of a destination club.

He has given Boak the elixir of eternal life.

No Houston? No problem.

They already had the midfield, and now have sorted their defence and forward line. Georgiades coming back from injury has been a huge boost for them, shifting Sav there has become a potent target plus Rioli is a quality small despite not having the physique for an AFL footballer. BZT has been a huge recruit for their backline too.

They should easily account for Geelong and, if they get the Swans in a Prelim, then they'll at least be in the GF for sure.

Sweet is a competitive low-priced ruck whose acquisition didn’t take away from other spots on the ground. Which is exactly what a ruck needs to be - a battering ram for the classy & skilled midfielders

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port will at least make the grand final.

Port have beaten the cats in qualifying finals in SA.

Port Adelaide will then make a preliminary final. They will win that too

Kenny should get canned if Port misses the Grand final, this year. West Coast won the premiership in 2018 without 2 All-Australians out of the side through injury or suspension, so there's no excuses for Kenny who has had the ultimate grace period.
You beat the worst grand finalist ever.......... (That side only won 1 game against a top 8 team all year)

It's a mixed bag, they're rightfully ticked off because Kenny has wasted 11 seasons, but I don't agree with the notion they want their team to literally lose or not win a premiership just because of Kenny. Especially claiming they're still going to be bitter if he hypothetically coaches them to a premiership, be bitter if he ultimately fails, not if he actually pulls off a premiership win.
Doesn't make sense. It reminds me of the Alan Scott incident when Alan Scott was wrong.

Screenshot-2024-06-19-at-10.47.43-AM.jpeg

Last edited:
Why not the Cats? I think they're as good placed as any.
I don’t think we are that good this year. All the stats agree there. Too inconsistent and can’t stop teams when the get a run on.

I think this is the year Port win it. They look primed. I’m expecting them to beat us by probably 10 goals then go on and beat the Swans in the GF.

Port fans are the worst supporters in the league by far the way they treat their coach.
You’re acting like any supporter base wouldn’t turn on their coach after 11 years of no success. What an utter ridiculous statement. 11 years 5 finals wins, 0 GFs no premierships.

It's a mixed bag, they're rightfully ticked off because Kenny has wasted 11 seasons, but I don't agree with the notion they want their team to literally lose or not win a premiership just because of Kenny. Especially claiming they're still going to be bitter if he hypothetically coaches them to a premiership, be bitter if he ultimately fails, not if he actually pulls off a premiership win.
If he wins a premiership no supporter will hate him. We are bitter because the continuous media supporter that is shown towards this fraud. If he pulls off a premiership he deserves everything, give him another 5 year contract imo. He will deserve is. Problem is he had proven he can’t win them consistently. Doesn’t have the game plan

Remove this Banner Ad

Can Port win a premiership under Ken Hinkley?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back