Can Port win a premiership under Ken Hinkley?

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair dinkum, if these Port players love Ken as much as we're led to believe, they would play their hearts out for the man. Ken has given 12 years of his life to Port Adelaide, he deserves more gratitude from their fans than being roundly booed - they need to be more like Kane Cornes. Now there's a man who respects the job Ken has done.

Accept mediocrity ??? What the f**k are you on about, mate? You're tripping...

Port are 4th on the ladder. They are headed towards their fourth Top 4 finish in 5 years. That ain't "mediocrity". Look at all the pumped-up pretenders currently sitting outside of the Top 8 - that's mediocrity.

Port are a big chance to win their second ever AFL flag.

The Swans are currently looking a class above everyone, but a LOT can change from now until September. How often does the dominant H&A team go all the way for 23 rounds + finals to win the premiership? It's pretty rare feat for teams to do that. It's all about peaking in the finals.

Port lost form at the business end of 2023, but there is no reason why they can't correct that and give the flag a huge shake this year. Which teams stand in your way? Swans... Pies... Who else? Cats, Dees, Blues, Giants are all looking shaky and have some major issues... Bombers are flying high right now, but you guys tore them apart. Brisbane could be a threat... But they might also fail to finish in the top 8.

Why don't you try getting behind your team and barrack for them to win the flag. Try it... You might actually like it. It's a hell of a lot more fun to cheer your team coming back from 7 goals down to snatch a 1 point win than to spend the afternoon bagging your club, coach & players.

I had to smile at all the true believers who stayed until the end yesterday and were jumping for joy when DBJ scored. Great times to be a Port fan. A lot better than all the sad sacks on Big Footy who spend their afternoon bagging Hinkley while the game is underway.

I've noticed how all the negative arseholes who claim to be Port fans think they are better than the so-called "Happy Clappers". What a joke... How twisted... They're not better. They are the worst fans. Entitled babies who think their shitty opinions matter.

I've been critical of Hawks coaches and list management over the years, but I usually wait until midweek before I vent my useless opinions about that sort of crap. While the game is on, I usually spend those 3 hours of my weekend watching the fricken game and taking it all in, cheering the good play, fuming at bad umpiring, noting the strengths & weaknesses of various Hawks, admiring & acknowledging the amazing play from opposition guns such as JHF, Butters, Houston, etc

God damn... I feel like I'm explaining footy barracking to a bunch of 6 year olds when I engage with you defeatist, negative, Sack Hinkley flogs. This is basic stuff, mate... Just enjoy the game... Enjoy the fact you have a good team in contention for the flag.. You may not win it... So what? The point is you're a CHANCE.... A good chance... Every normal football fan craves for their team to be in that position... Lap it up, FFS... Get behind your boys.
What are your thoughts on Port fans actively barracking for their team to lose today?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He can't handle pressure, breaking into tears after a 2 point win over a bottom 4 side is another sign of how cooked he is, it's over it's just how long they putter on before calling it.

What a man! You can tell he loves his players but hates the pissants that call themselves port 'fans'.
Stitstain fanbase. Ken deserves so much better than what he cops. Ingrates!

Take the campaigner back then
Gladly. Good senior assistant.
No idea what you all expect. He can't turn a middling squad with poor book ends into a top 4 side.

Gladly. Good senior assistant.
No idea what you all expect. He can't turn a middling squad with poor book ends into a top 4 side.

Maybe he should have built a squad that could do something after 12 years?

He can't because he's a bumpkin moron and a life long loser.

**** Geelong for lumping us with him. He's worse than 119 ever was.

Toss him in the greyhound annihilator

For all their shitness, they're only 2 points behind Ess. Which probably just reinforces how shit and over rated Ess are, particularly with their easier draw.
It really just points out how even (and shit) the comp overall is this year. Besides Sydney and Carlton, there aren't any other stand-out good teams. Geelong won this weekend and are 5th. If they'd lost, they'd be 10th. Plenty of teams are in a similar position. It makes the whole ladder below the first two feel really random. A lot of sides have had really shit runs of form yet are in the 8 or just outside it.
For that reason, too, fans of a number of clubs can hold out hope that if something clicks and they hit a purple patch, they could make the four and do well come September, and that applies to Port too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Can Port win a premiership under Ken Hinkley?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back