Can Port win a premiership under Ken Hinkley?

Remove this Banner Ad

Port are the side I want to see go all the way.

Would be a great reward for all of the work Hinkley has put in, with the adversity of tens of thousands of members hating him the entire time.
I dont think it would be safe for Ken to win the flag for them.
Their supporters would tear the place down, as their tiny little brains wouldn't know what to do.
I am sure though they would find something about Ken to b*tch about.

Their supporters would tear the place down, as their tiny little brains wouldn't know what to do.
In fairness Richmond supporters were calling for Hardwick to get the boot for 2 years, then they loved him, then they hated him

The usual bullsh¡t, probably.

Port only had 8 All-Australians, 8 1st Round Picks, 2 father-sons, an AFLCA MVP and a Brownlow Medallist out there last night.

Making skyscrapers out of popsicle sticks is Our Ken.
How many game breaking superstars in the calibre of Dangerfield, Cameron, Stewart, Bontempelli, Petracca, Gawn, De Goey, Daicos have suited up for Port under Hinkley?

How many game breaking superstars in the calibre of Dangerfield, Cameron, Stewart, Bontempelli, Petracca, Gawn, De Goey, Daicos have suited up for Port under Hinkley?
De Goey lol. We have three better midfielders than De Goey right now.

De Goey lol. We have three better midfielders than De Goey right now.
De Goey gets the job done in finals, without him there is no premiership for Collingwood in 2023.
At his best he's as good as Petracca, he's just less consistent and more injury prone.

Ever heard of Robbie Gray? there'd be statues over there if he'd played at a Victorian club

Yes, if Ken actually accomplishes something that he currently holds the VFL/AFL record for not qualifying for so much as an opportunity of achieving over the course of his unprecedented 12-year tenure, something theoretical may also occur.

👍

Cornes and Barrett both gone in on the pathetic port fan base booing Ken.
Hard not to agree, worst fanbase in the AFL. Kochy should rip up the memberships of most of the pissants that follow them, including all of the port posters on this site.

Utter cretins.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cornes and Barrett both gone in on the pathetic port fan base booing Ken.

The booing began when Port were on track to lose by 100 points at home to the 13th-placed side.

If you can’t boo a multimillionaire who can barely string a sentence together under those circumstances, when can you?

The booing began when Port were on track to lose by 100 points at home to the 13th-placed side.

If you can’t boo a multimillionaire who can barely string a sentence together under those circumstances, when can you?
If you make a GF under Ken the whole allocation should go to your opponents. None of you deserve to enjoy the success.
Disgusting fan base.

If you want Ken out then yes.
60% win rate with a decade of middling squads is a fair effort.
“Disgusting” for wanting a change of coach now after 12 years of mediocrity. I think you need to take a deep breath and settle down.

Ironically, all Melbourne based people I’ve spoken pretty much unanimously say Geelong fans are the most feral supporter base in Victoria (more so than Carlton and Collingwood fans). Make of that what you will.

“Disgusting” for wanting a change of coach now after 12 years of mediocrity. I think you need to take a deep breath and settle down.
12 years of being about where you supposed to be.
7 years in finals this year, 5 without it. Would be above average for the competition.

At no point had the best list and contended against 2 dynasty sides in Hawks and Tigers.
It's the thought that this is mediocrity that needs a collective attitude and reality adjustment.

The club motto of 'existing to win premierships' means SFA as you're no longer in the backwater shitkicker SANFL.

7 years in finals this year, 5 without it. Would be above average for the competition.

At no point had the best list and contended against 2 dynasty sides in Hawks and Tigers.
It's the thought that this is mediocrity that needs a collective attitude and reality adjustment.

The club motto of 'existing to win premierships' means SFA as you're no longer in the backwater shitkicker SANFL.
The motto “existing to win premierships” is not based on an expectation that we be as dominant as we were in the sanfl. It’s an expectation that we do everything we can to win premierships (which is what every club should be thinking FYI).

And the list argument is simply piss weak. We barely lose players, so the list is Ken’s list. Have we had the best list at any stage over the last 12 years? Probably not, but it’s been good enough.

What we have seen is a game style that has repeatedly fails time and time again in big moments. I think it’s reasonable to want a fresh start.

Anyway, I don’t think I’ll change your mind, as your hatred seems to be quite intense and unhealthy.

The motto “existing to win premierships” is not based on an expectation that we be as dominant as we were in the sanfl. It’s an expectation that we do everything we can to win premierships (which is what every club should be thinking FYI).

And the list argument is simply piss weak. We barely lose players, so the list is Ken’s list. Have we had the best list at any stage over the last 12 years? Probably not, but it’s been good enough.

What we have seen is a game style that has repeatedly fails time and time again in big moments. I think it’s reasonable to want a fresh start.

Anyway, I don’t think I’ll change your mind, as your hatred seems to be quite intense and unhealthy.
Hatred? No not really.
Just think Ken deserves a lot better treatment than he gets.

You're talking to a fan from a club that for close to 10 years would flop in finals, often to Ken's team, and the echoes of discontent were barely above a murmur. As for KH, he's hounded by most, and reading the weekends musings there seems to be a lot who struggled to enjoy Saturday's win to the fullest because of Ken.

That's a 70-0 start on the top side btw. Unheard of performance... and some couldn't enjoy it.
Supports the idea that Ken deserves a bit more respect. David King said about my club just yesterday - while also prefacing that we're not quite good enough this year - that Scott keeps getting them to finals, and eventually that door opens.

If Ken keeps getting you to finals then probabilities alone suggest that eventually that door will open. And with a lack of Victorian teams and especially MCG tenants that year could be this year.

Bring 'about where you're supposed to be' is, like, the exact definition of mediocrity for a coach. We want a coach that makes us better than the sum of our parts. That's what the best coaches do.

I'm not accepting any argument that our list was incapable of achieving more with the right coach when we live in a universe where Jason Castagna, Jack Graham, Kamdyn McIntosh and Marlion Pickett have nearly ten flags between them. You don't need to have the unequivocal best list in the league to win a flag. Damien Hardwick could absolutely have coached us to a flag or two over the last 12 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Can Port win a premiership under Ken Hinkley?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back