Can Port win a premiership under Ken Hinkley?

Remove this Banner Ad

Ever heard of Robbie Gray? there'd be statues over there if he'd played at a Victorian club
For some reason the great players to have played for SA clubs are underrated eg Tredrea, Ricciuto.
Not sure why as it's not a Victorian bias thing, because if it was then why do the great players to have played for WA clubs receive their fair share of plaudits eg Pavlich, Fyfe.
“Disgusting” for wanting a change of coach now after 12 years of mediocrity. I think you need to take a deep breath and settle down.

Ironically, all Melbourne based people I’ve spoken pretty much unanimously say Geelong fans are the most feral supporter base in Victoria (more so than Carlton and Collingwood fans). Make of that what you will.
Feral?
Have you been to one of our games at Kardinia Park?

Our fans at games are probably the most affluent in Victoria apart from Demons fans.

Watch the prelim again. If Port have 3 mids better than that they'd be undefeated
Congratulations on identifying one (1) game in which de Goey lived up to his reputation. If we didn't have 3 mids better than de Goey has been playing this year we'd be out of the eight, like Collingwood are.

Congratulations on the 3 gun mids. Look forward to your flag
Collingwood didn't win a flag because they're the only club lucky enough to have such an amazing list with a player like de Goey (a player with 0 career B&F's and 0 career AA's) on it. That's been my point the whole time. Craig McRae would go a lot closer to winning us a flag than de Goey would.

What other club would put up with Ken's coaching record, 12 years without even making a GF?
2013 - return to finals. :whitecheck:
2014 - Make PF from outside top 4. Run reigning premiers (in the middle of a 3peat) close. :whitecheck:
2017 - Lose EF from 5th. See saw finals classic. Shuey later admits to ducking. :question:
2020 - Make PF and lose. Finished top of ladder. Lose to Richmond who complete dynasty a week later. :question:
2021 - Finish 2nd. Get discombobulated by WB :crossmark:
2023 - Straight sets exit from 3rd. :crossmark:

It's really only since covid that you could argue a GF should be attained, and one was lost to a great Tigers side. The last two exits have been very poor. I'll give you that. Reckon in a similar time frame we've thrown away 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019 GF appearances and haven't gone nuts about it.

If you make a GF under Ken the whole allocation should go to your opponents. None of you deserve to enjoy the success.
Disgusting fan base.

Goodness me you Sleepy Hollow types are completely unhinged when it comes to this bloke.

Imagine if he was actually handsome and charismatic, you and Gerard Whateley would fight to the death for the right to do a kool-aid jelly shot out of his fetid bellybutton.

*Get played off the park by a record margin by a team of exhausted hotel detainees who were literally removed from society.

If you’re going to massage his record, at least be honest.

What other club would put up with Ken's coaching record, 12 years without even making a GF?

But 60% moite.

60%!

Never mind it’s supercharged by a 36-4 lifetime record against era powerhouses Gold Coast, North Melbourne and St Kilda…

60%!

Our fans at games are probably the most affluent in Victoria apart from Demons fans.
Haha. Went surfing/ camping round Geelong coast/ region in the early 90s. Beautiful part of the world. But Geelong town was sort of Wild West dirty town with very local nightclub/ pub scene with loads of big ginger nuts & biffo
Went back recently for work & the new wealth from property was obvious. Loads of new property millionaires & huge development in the area

2013 - return to finals. :whitecheck:
2014 - Make PF from outside top 4. Run reigning premiers (in the middle of a 3peat) close. :whitecheck:
2017 - Lose EF from 5th. See saw finals classic. Shuey later admits to ducking. :question:
2020 - Make PF and lose. Finished top of ladder. Lose to Richmond who complete dynasty a week later. :question:
2023 - Straight sets exit from 3rd. :crossmark:

It's really only since covid that you could argue a GF should be attained, and one was lost to a great Tigers side. The last two exits have been very poor. I'll give you that. Reckon in a similar time frame we've thrown away 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019 GF appearances and haven't gone nuts about it.
So as good as Port were in 2014, 4 of the next 5 years without making finals.
Hinkley doesn't make it to 2020 as senior coach at any other club in the country.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watch the prelim again. If Port have 3 mids better than that they'd be undefeated
I watched the pf & gf in Bali with a lovely Collingwood supporter from Melbourne
Degoey owned that finals series
Thought he was bog in all 3 finals he played
Best finals series from an individual since dusty in 2020
But he hasn’t done a great deal before or since
But good on him
People remember that

Goodness me you Sleepy Hollow types are completely unhinged when it comes to this bloke.

Imagine if he was actually handsome and charismatic, you and Gerard Whateley would fight to the death for the right to do a kool-aid jelly shot out of his fetid bellybutton.
He is 100% just baiting port supporters for a reaction mate. He doesn’t actually believe anything he is saying. Hence the personal attacks and putting every port supporter in the same basket. No need to rise to it.

They are in a great position this year. they are peaking at the right time. Luck is going their way. Teams they are facing have key players out or out of form. Sydney didn't rock up last weekend. they have two easy game coming up plus a 50/50 to finish the year against freo. 2nd flag favs. What Ken has done with that list this year is amazing. i cant believe they are 3rd....only mental weakness will cost tghem this year.

They are in a great position this year. they are peaking at the right time. Luck is going their way. Teams they are facing have key players out or out of form. Sydney didn't rock up last weekend. they have two easy game coming up plus a 50/50 to finish the year against freo. 2nd flag favs. What Ken has done with that list this year is amazing. i cant believe they are 3rd....only mental weakness will cost tghem this year.

2 easy games? I don't particularly think any of our next 3 games are easy, especially Adelaide and Freo

View attachment 2068431

Yes, shame on me for introducing objective fact.

Not sure what I was thinking tbh.

He’s managed to put an 11 season trend to bed for at least a fortnight now!
I also remember you criticising Port's record against us away from SA, and Port's inability to come from behind and win.

This year, Port have turned a corner by:
  • Beating us at Kardinia Park
  • Coming from behind to beat Hawthorn
  • Coming from behind to beat Carlton
  • Beating a top 4 side by over 100 points

Finals should be interesting.

I also remember you criticising Port's record against us away from SA, and Port's inability to come from behind and win.

This year, Port have turned a corner by:
  • Beating us at Kardinia Park
  • Coming from behind to beat Hawthorn
  • Coming from behind to beat Carlton
  • Beating a top 4 side by over 100 points

Finals should be interesting.
"turned a corner?" History always repeats itself

any one of Geelong, Hawthorn, Carlton and Sydney will beat us at home in a knockout final this year

2 easy games? I don't particularly think any of our next 3 games are easy, especially Adelaide and Freo
The Dees are cooked.. the only sides that wouldn't beat them at the G this week would be Richmond and West Coast. The Showdown is a port "home" game. only mental weakness can derail ports season now.. or a high pressure game where Kenny fails again.

The Dees are cooked.. the only sides that wouldn't beat them at the G this week would be Richmond and West Coast. The Showdown is a port "home" game. only mental weakness can derail ports season now.. or a high pressure game where Kenny fails agagain.

I've got no confidence in our ability to beat Adelaide in a showdown and freo in Perth you sort of glossed over...

You sound like Kane pumping up a team just to watch them fail 🤣 tone it down buddy

Remove this Banner Ad

Can Port win a premiership under Ken Hinkley?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back