Can Port win a premiership under Ken Hinkley?

Remove this Banner Ad

I expect them to sack the coach when we don't win a final in 5 years despite having a list who had elite young players coming into their primes and added the likes of Ryder, Dixon, Rockliff etc.

I don't think that's controversial? Why waste another rebuild on a coach who pissed away the last one so badly?

You can't say that, because you're seeing the benefits now of the rebuild. Port is a good chance to play in the Grand Final this year.

I expect them to sack the coach when we don't win a final in 5 years despite having a list who had elite young players coming into their primes and added the likes of Ryder, Dixon, Rockliff etc.

I don't think that's controversial? Why waste another rebuild on a coach who pissed away the last one so badly?
The 2018 list, as an example, finished 10th. Should it have done any better?

FB: Bonner Howard Clurey
HB: Pittard Hombsch Byrne-Jones
C: Houston R.Gray Polec
HF: Wingard Westhoff Powell-Pepper
FF: Watts Dixon Ebert
FOL: Ryder Wines Boak
IC: Rockliff Motlop S.Gray Jonas

Only 3 players (Gray with 42, Wines with 38, Wingard with 36) exceeded 30 coaches votes that season.

I think a lot of Port supporters have consistently overrated their lists. Even the one that finished 3rd in 2020 was not amazing. They were still the team that pushed the dynasty Tigers all the way.

You can't say that, because you're seeing the benefits now of the rebuild. Port is a good chance to play in the Grand Final this year.
Well we would be if we weren't still coached by the guy who blew our last two top 2 finishes without so much as making a GF, let alone winning one.

Hinkley would be a perfectly fine coach if we were in the EPL. Our home and away results over his tenure have been mostly pretty good. But he has underperformed in every single finals series we've been in for the last decade.

Well we would be if we weren't still coached by the guy who blew our last two top 2 finishes without so much as making a GF, let alone winning one.

Hinkley would be a perfectly fine coach if we were in the EPL. Our home and away results over his tenure have been mostly pretty good. But he has underperformed in every single finals series we've been in for the last decade.

So is Hinkley close to make a GF this year or not? Where do you think you finish this year?

So is Hinkley close to make a GF this year or not? Where do you think you finish this year?
History suggests we'll finish the home and away season top 4 and then bomb out of finals soon as we're faced with the pressure of an elimination game, even if we're at home and even if we're up against a lower ranked team who we beat in the H&A season. See 2020, 2021, and 2023. See also 2017, minus the top 4 bit.

Hinkley hasn't won a knockout final for 10 years. Why would I be expecting him to start now?

History suggests we'll finish the home and away season top 4 and then bomb out of finals soon as we're faced with the pressure of an elimination game, even if we're at home and even if we're up against a lower ranked team who we beat in the H&A season. See 2020, 2021, and 2023. See also 2017, minus the top 4 bit.

Hinkley hasn't won a knockout final for 10 years. Why would I be expecting him to start now?

So you're predicting straight sets exit. Interesting.

Hinkley haters starting to get nervous with top 2 a strong possibility.

They may have a chance to get revenge against GWS for last year, then thrash Geelong by 100 points in a home prelim before playing the Swans (who they beat by 300 points) in a grand final. Sydney love losing grand finals.

The stars are somewhat aligning for Port. Don't discount the chances of Hinkley having a statue outside of the stadium in 10 years time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They may have a chance to get revenge against GWS for last year, then thrash Geelong by 100 points in a home prelim before playing the Swans (who they beat by 300 points) in a grand final. Sydney love losing grand finals.

The stars are somewhat aligning for Port. Don't discount the chances of Hinkley having a statue outside of the stadium in 10 years time.

B2B straight sets exits seems the more likely possibility

Reckon Ken tells the players to shit themselves during finals? How do you have such a excellent H&A record with this list? It's a genuine miracle that you guys are so consistent.
I'm just not getting my hopes up until we finally make a grand final.

What's to be nervous about? Either we're vindicated (again) or we're in a Grand Final. Real win/win situation.

Reckon Ken tells the players to shit themselves during finals?
He tells them that finals are scary. So yeah, he does.

What's to be nervous about? Either we're vindicated (again) or we're in a Grand Final. Real win/win situation.
How is being vindicated on your team doing poorly ever "winning"? There is a 0% chance that situation makes you happy.

Obviously when I say they are getting nervous I am simply saying there's a chance their villain will prove them wrong. I have no doubt you would all be confused but deliriously happy if he did so, and I wasn't joking about the statue.

It would legitimately be the feel good story of the century, eclipsing Bulldogs 2016.

The Port Adelaide supporter base will come for Hinkley post game.

tenor.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Can Port win a premiership under Ken Hinkley?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back