Can Port win a premiership under Ken Hinkley?

Remove this Banner Ad

Is there a reason it can’t be a combination?

I would get rid of him no question fwiw so I’m not disagreeing with you

There’s 3 ex cats that have played this finals series for you that aren’t up to standard for starters
What is the value of this conversation?

Hinkley has proven over twelve years and multiple list builds that he's not up to it and he never will be. There's no guarantee that a new coach will win more premierships with this list. But there is an absolute 100% guarantee he won't win less.

If you want to talk about Port's list, start a thread about it. This is the Hinkley thread.

There’s 3 ex cats that have played this finals series for you that aren’t up to standard for starters

The point is endlessly shuffling deck chairs isn't going to get the job done.

If we need to turn over a few and drop down the ladder for a few years, do it, but at least so it with a fresh approach.

Great point - Narkle has talent, but is a defensive liability.

Frank Evans is not a quite AFL level unfortunately - the effort is not the problem.

Esava Ratugolea - well, how long have you got? Maybe a good back-up going forward; can play tall in all areas of the ground. But not very well.

Frank Evans is not a quite AFL level unfortunately - the effort is not the problem.

Esava Ratugolea - well, how long have you got? Maybe a good back-up going forward; can play tall in all areas of the ground. But not very well.

What about the biggest Geelong shit truck of all, Hinkley? Can we get rid of him too?

Esava has looked so many times like he’s on the brink of becoming a decent player but never managed it. There has to be a better option

They cannot. They're the best downhill skiing team you'll ever see. Will smash teams in the season, then the finals roll around and they go to water. This isn't new information, this is 12 years worth. But they'll roll Kenny back out next year. The most Teflon bloke in the sport.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

David King good point about Houston and Farrell. You don't need that at this time of year.

Only lost by 6 goals to the best team all year.

Still there's some guys in that team that aren't quite good enough.

I think he is a good coach but it's probably time to move on and try at another team and for Port to try with fresh leadership.

In his presser trying to look humble in defeat straight after looking like a knob after last weeks win ……..

No, as a crows supporter who doesn’t like port, I can confidently say he was spot on last week, as most of the football world has also confirmed - Hawthorn’s glass jaw was justifiably shattered. You absolutely deserved his jibes, and it’s time to grow the hell up and get over it.

No, as a crows supporter who doesn’t like port, I can confidently say he was spot on last week, as most of the football world has also confirmed - Hawthorn’s glass jaw was justifiably shattered. You absolutely deserved his jibes, and it’s time to grow the hell up and get over it.

Guessing you think the camp was no big deal

I wonder if he will walk……. Into the eagles coaching job. Imagine if he won a flag with the Eagles….

I think he is a chance to walk, not to the Eagles though. I think he needs 12 months away from the game.

Last week was weird behaviour for a Senior Coach post game. A number of times this year he has been far too emotional and look incredibly stressed.

I'm not sure he has another full year in him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Can Port win a premiership under Ken Hinkley?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back