Can Scott West win the Brownlow?

Remove this Banner Ad

freo boy18

Rookie
May 9, 2005
Other Teams
Fremantle
i have been doing research and i think scott can go real close.I beleieve he and two other players are right up their in contention.i didnt see all of his games,but he seems to be in the best players evey week.do u think performances of rob murphy,cross,johno,gilbee etc throughout the year will take the 3 votes and scotty west only getting 1's and 2's ?

can he win the 2005 brownlow medal?

freo boy18 said:
i have been doing research and i think scott can go real close.I beleieve he and two other players are right up their in contention.i didnt see all of his games,but he seems to be in the best players evey week.do u think performances of rob murphy,cross,johno,gilbee etc throughout the year will take the 3 votes and scotty west only getting 1's and 2's ?

If he gets the most votes I think he going to win.....but only if he gets the most votes....

freo boy18 said:

I think he's a real chance. Darcy won't be pulling votes off him this year. Murph will get a few in the 2nd half but not that many. Gilbee will get a few too, particularly 1st half. I'd be surprised if Cross polled many. And Johnno for some reason usually polls poorly. Smithy can pull some votes but he didn't really play stand out games. Eagleton may get some but it shouldn't be enough to hurt West.

Scott West has had a superb season and would have to be a huge chance for the Brownlow Medal this season. He may fall just short or end up in a tie, either way i am rapt at the great football and leadership he has shown this season. The man is a Champion and a Brownlow Medal would be a fitting reward for his 1st rate career with the club.

The other thing that may work in his favour is not being the favourite.

If I recall last year Tredrea was the heavy favourite to win the medal and didnt come close to Judd (who I think was 2nd or 3rd favourite, similar to Westy this year).

The favourite does not always win.

Interesting read in The Age:

Cousins to win medal, claims maths system

By Adam Morton
September 19, 2005

Ben Cousins will have an unassailable lead in tonight's Brownlow Medal medal by round 16, according to a maths model hatched at Monash University.

Statistician Michael Bailey said his modelling, weighing 25 variables that predict Brownlow votes from the past eight seasons, found the West Coast captain would poll at least 23 votes.

Bailey said his system could accurately predict the votes of more than 70 per cent of players to within one vote, and 90 per cent to within three votes.

He said there was likely to be little separating nine players behind Cousins.

The only possible threat to Cousins would come from Western Bulldogs midfielder Scott West, Bailey said.

It certainly would be great if Westy won. No matter what the result, he sure had a great season. What a champion! :thumbsu:

I wacked $10 bucks on crossy at 401-1.Just one of those things i do from time to time.Don't like my chances but if he won i don't think i'll be at work for a few days :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Can Scott West win the Brownlow?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back