Opinion Can the Hawks make finals in 2024?

Can the Hawks make finals in 2024?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol that would be some mighty fall by the bombers
Well they've got:

Collingwood
Melbourne
Adelaide
Saints
Dockers
Suns
Sydney
Brissie

I reckon Saints and Adelaide are the only two they're odds on winning in that list, Suns maybe because it's away from home but... it's tough for em.

Well they've got:

Collingwood
Melbourne
Adelaide
Saints
Dockers
Suns
Sydney
Brissie

I reckon Saints and Adelaide are the only two they're odds on winning in that list, Suns maybe because it's away from home but... it's tough for em.

Not travelling though. But if they win some, the loser is also denied a win on final ladder. They keep winning it’s good for us

Well they've got:

Collingwood
Melbourne
Adelaide
Saints
Dockers
Suns
Sydney
Brissie

I feel that for them the Melbourne and Dockers games are 60/40 and Suns game is 80/20, but hopefully the opponents fire up and do some damage to their hopes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez if we can get Lewis and Bruest firing and imagine if Wingard is back to his form from this time last year. If those 3 can get the fitness and form to be back in the firsts we will probably win the flag by 20 goals.
We definitely need Lewis firing. Harsh as it may sound Wingard won’t get back in. Moore, Ginnivan, Macdonald and Watson all ahead. Breust will play cameos (hopefully win a game or 2 of his own boot) but not sure we will see much of him as a 4 quarter player here on in.

Cornes, however, is less concerned about whether the club pushes on from here to make finals, given how young the group is in this cycle.

“Can they play finals this year? I’m not as worried about that. It’s been a significant step in the right direction,” he said.

If I was a supporter right now, I would absolutely be very excited to be a Hawthorn fan.

A quick check of the ladder shows that it is (remotely) conceivable, after this coming weekend, we could have 8 teams on 9 wins (or 36 points), all contesting for places in the 8

PS - posted that at the same time as SYL

A quick check of the ladder shows that it is (remotely) conceivable, after this coming weekend, we could have 8 teams on 9 wins (or 36 points), all contesting for places in the 8

PS - posted that at the same time as SYL
I think Essendon is looking really shaky.
It'll be a close game with collingwood on Friday - but I think Collingwood will win and the bombers may just start to free fall a bit

Remember in 2018 when Port were in 4th place with 11 wins and 4 losses @ Round 16 before going completely off the boil and losing 6 of the next 8 games and missing finals? I'm trying to manifest that for Essendon right now.

Remember in 2018 when Port were in 4th place with 11 wins and 4 losses @ Round 16 before going completely off the boil and losing 6 of the next 8 games and missing finals? I'm trying to manifest that for Essendon right now.
I think it might be brewing. If they lose to Collingwood then a lot of their games start looking like 50/50 games. I reckon one of Adelaide or St Kilda will have an upset win over them too.

Hawks have a percentage of 120.25% since Round 6. Beating the Dogs, Saints, Brisbane and GWS and should have beat Port.

This is some run they are going on and it has not been simply a case of beating up the bottom 5.

My favourite thing yesterday was hearing West Coast players saying how shocked they were that Hawthorn were this good.

Hawthorn completely dominated yesterday - poor finishing the only fault. Imagine they get that right?

I’m immensely glad we got to get rid of our rust from the bye against west coast. Any other serious afl club would’ve capitalised on our shaky first quarter to rattle us.

Very happy that we’re now in form going against geelong, and if we beat them we will be playing finals.

Win every game left and we will finish 3rd with two chances to make a prelim.

Last edited:
Back