Can Worsfold survive?

Remove this Banner Ad

Should have been sacked after the Dogs debacle. No way he is coaching us come round 1.
Hopefully Rutten is handed the keys this week

Honestly, what makes you think Rutten will be any different. When Sheedy did his own recruiting, he prioritised mentally and physically hard blokes who would thrive in September.

Since Sheedy........Nought.

Sack Dodoro. 16 years is enough for any masochist to bear.

And this man not only survives but now sits on the board and will have a say in the coaches future ...

View attachment 698099

Sixteen years without a finals win with the teams this man has assembled.
But it’s John’s fault now ...

Yep, this is actually sums it up.

Worstfold has got the most out of this list and has done as much as he can IMO.

They have 2 A Graders at best - Merrett and Hurley and not much else in terms of top end talent. Thought they did well to make the 8.

No.

Do I think their list is good? Not really. Has he had a rough go with injuries this year? Probably.

But the Essendon 'influencers' haven't been keen on him from early on and think the Power then Dogs losses killed him off. Falling into finals wasn't going to save him (nor should it honestly), a finals win probably would've probably done it.

Honestly, what makes you think Rutten will be any different. When Sheedy did his own recruiting, he prioritised mentally and physically hard blokes who would thrive in September.

Since Sheedy........Nought.

Sack Dodoro. 16 years is enough for any masochist to bear.
I’ve been in the sack Dodoro camp for years but still needs to be more than just him booted from the club

I’ve been in the sack Dodoro camp for years but still needs to be more than just him booted from the club

Surely any sane footy club would first look to the common denominator in all the finals capitulations over 16 years. Essendon keep losing in the exact same way....Mentally Weak players when the heat comes on.

Dodoro has recruited the whole lot of em over the whole 16 consecutive years.

The really concerning thing for Essendon is that out of their 5 finals defeats in the past 10 years, that was their second lowest losing margin. Just unacceptable.

I think Worsold has done a pretty decent job all things considered but that's two insipid finals defeats under his watch and it's hard to see them winning a flag under his tenure.

And it looks like yet another off-season of Essendon's list being overrated; the Ch 7 comms were already talking up their prospects for next year during the final quarter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

think he will survive for another year but the thing with worsfold he doesnt have a plan b. extremely stubborn and wont budge. unfortunately for essendon unless they can find a few gems in the draft or bring someone in he wont change the gameplan.

hes done very well bringing em out of their lows post the hird era but obviously essendon arent a mediocre club and want success asap which will be his downfall.

worsfold was blessed with arguably one of the greatest midfields of all time at wce. he only added chris judd to that ilk. after the fallout of 07 he was very lucky to get finals in 11 and 12. 2013 proves that.

I still stand by what I said months ago.

Lloyd/Watson/Robbo decided months (years?) ago he was not the man and he will go.

Especially Lloyd. I saw an article a couple of days with him pumping up the Bombers chances of cutting the Eagles up...he’ll now be calling for Worsfold head tomorrow....again...

Robbo reckons they should hire Ross Lyon to get the club back up the ladder. Ross Lyon.

This has to come from somewhere within their club - considering how those pathetic jokes were hired mouth pieces during the ‘Saga’.

Some seriously deluded folk in there pretending they are still in Sheedyland.

Woosha deserves better and should get the hell out of there.

Lloyd/Watson/Robbo decided months (years?) ago he was not the man and he will go.

Especially Lloyd. I saw an article a couple of days with him pumping up the Bombers chances of cutting the Eagles up...he’ll now be calling for Worsfold head tomorrow....again...

Robbo reckons they should hire Ross Lyon to get the club back up the ladder. Ross Lyon.

This has to come from somewhere within their club - considering how those pathetic jokes were hired mouth pieces during the ‘Saga’.

Ok what if we have another poor year and still no finals win then what?

The essendon media will have worsfold sacked. Their campaign has been running for months and its gold.

Some clowns reckon Hird was hard done by.

Under strength and pumped in Perth by the reigning premier who most people expected to be top 4.

Not sure Worsfold will take them anywhere but it does feel like there's been a group assembling behind the scenes to lynch him for some time.

The Coasters are shyt, can't go back to back and won't go back to back.

I think you’re right. Leigh Mathews or Norm Smith wouldn’t get that group into the finals. Some stars, but too many nobodies. Poor list balance, some real triers that would be good in good teams. But so-called star recruits that are terrible against good teams.

12-11 season with one contracted year left. Will serve it out. Definitely gone if 2020 has a losing record.

Remove this Banner Ad

Can Worsfold survive?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back