Official Club Stuff Carlton Academy - Next Gen & Father/Son/Daughter Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Could become full size KPF for all we know... Still young and has some growing to do me thinks.

Silvagni & Weitering are both bottom-agers with birthdays in December.

Plenty of time for these guys to develop and be moulded in the right environment

Silvagni & Weitering are both bottom-agers with birthdays in December.

Plenty of time for these guys to develop and be moulded in the right environment

That's one of the things that excites me about Weitering - universally picked as the best talent in the draft, ready to go key defender that has played against men in VFL and beaten guys like Daw and Watson and he is one of the youngest in the draft.

That's one of the things that excites me about Weitering - universally picked as the best talent in the draft, ready to go key defender that has played against men in VFL and beaten guys like Daw and Watson and he is one of the youngest in the draft.

I wouldn't be as keen on Weitering if it wasn't for the fact he's already a leader in his own right.

When was the last time a KPD demanded a pick #1? The more good heads around the place, the easier that coaching will become.

I wouldn't be as keen on Weitering if it wasn't for the fact he's already a leader in his own right.

When was the last time a KPD demanded a pick #1? The more good heads around the place, the easier that coaching will become.

Last kpd i can think of that was in talks for number 1 was lauchie Hansen

What happened to Jake Bradley? No longer a prospect?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

He's a Bradley, similar to a tuck. Ultra slow burn. We should rookie him (prelisted rookie fs rules) sit him in the development league for 3 years then make a call when he's 21.

So waste a rookie spot for 3 years? How about he goes and plays for the Northern Blues and earns a spot on the list if he's good enough.

Fair enough too.
I guess I'm just a romantic that would rather spend 3 years on a son of a great blue, a guy who like Buckley would bleed for the jumper give us his all and never leave than 3 kids in consecutive rookie years who likely would never make it.

Whenever I hear people use the term "upside" I think they would better served saying they may not be good enough.

Jack seemed a goodish player but a speculative pick at best.

Yes, young. Yes, played in a variety of roles but apart from one 6 goal haul he'd have not been noticed if his name wasn't Silvagni.

If he has all this "upside" and untapped talent and he's bottom aged AND his dad is the recruiting manager lets leave him in the 18's for another year and see how he develops.

Silvagni has the potential to be anything. Big bodied mid, athletic flanker or medium sized kpp.
I am sure that they said that he is 194cm tall during one of the champs matches I watched... that isnt a medium sized KPP

I am sure that they said that he is 194cm tall during one of the champs matches I watched... that isnt a medium sized KPP
Going off the 6 goal haul game...lanky arms, a good leap and marking at highest point 'adds height' and should play taller than listed height.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because then we might have to use a first round pick to get him when we could have used a 5th

That argument makes no sense.

A guess is still a guess.

Another year and we might not have to select him at all, or use a rookie pick .
Never be afraid to pay fair value.

If Silvagni is worth a first round pick next year, so be it.

He won't by the way.
If the club take him it has more to do with marketing and membership that football.

That argument makes no sense.

A guess is still a guess.

Another year and we might not have to select him at all, or use a rookie pick .
Never be afraid to pay fair value.

If Silvagni is worth a first round pick next year, so be it.

He won't by the way.
If the club take him it has more to do with marketing and membership that football.
And that is bad how?

Hardly. We need to get everything right... no more afterthoughts.

:confused:

I'm saying pick Jack up based on his footballing ability alone.

If he helps marketing and membership that's a bonus and should not come into selecting him UNLESS, it is in the unlikely circumstance, there is another player who is rated exactly the same.

:confused:

I'm saying pick Jack up based on his footballing ability alone.

If he helps marketing and membership that's a bonus and should not come into selecting him UNLESS, it is in the unlikely circumstance, there is another player who is rated exactly the same.
He is worth our last pick (at least) simply for his upside. We can't really lose on a 5th round pick for him, even if it is simply for marketing and membership purposes...

He is worth our last pick (at least) simply for his upside. We can't really lose on a 5th round pick for him, even if it is simply for marketing and membership purposes...

Upside.

Cheque's in the mail.

If he's not good enough, he's not good enough.

We've just made a statement by turfing a 100 game player that a place on the list is valuable, but it's free if you have the right surname?

Should we rookie Braddles kid for the same reason.

Upside.

Cheque's in the mail.

If he's not good enough, he's not good enough.

We've just made a statement by turfing a 100 game player that a place on the list is valuable, but it's free if you have the right surname?

Should we rookie Braddles kid for the same reason.
Are you stating that he's not good enough?

You know I'm not.

I'm saying he needs to be judged on football alone, not his surname.

If the club does an assessment and he comes up short, that should be the end of it for 2015.
Okay. So you'd be okay if another team deemed him worthy of a 5th round pick and drafted him... say... *? Or are you saying that he shouldn't go to the draft?

Okay. So you'd be okay if another team deemed him worthy of a 5th round pick and drafted him... say... *? Or are you saying that he shouldn't go to the draft?

If our the recruiters didn't think he was worth it then don't pick him.

Further, if he, we, SOS aren't sure, then he doesn't have to nominate and can go into the 2016 draft. He's just had a shoulder operation.

He can train with us, play with the NB's sometimes, all that stuff. The benefit he gets another year, we get to see what he's made of , how his shoulder goes etc.

If he comes up gold, so be it. There's a message we, as a club, need to send here as much to the fans as to the players. That is a place on the list is a privilege not a gift, not done as a deal, no favourites (like Daisy), no messiahs. Just hard ****ing work.

If our the recruiters didn't think he was worth it then don't pick him.

Further, if he, we, SOS aren't sure, then he doesn't have to nominate and can go into the 2016 draft. He's just had a shoulder operation.

He can train with us, play with the NB's sometimes, all that stuff. The benefit he gets another year, we get to see what he's made of , how his shoulder goes etc.

If he comes up gold, so be it. There's a message we, as a club, need to send here as much to the fans as to the players. That is a place on the list is a privilege not a gift, not done as a deal, no favourites (like Daisy), no messiahs. Just hard ******* work.
A fifth round pick is always going to be speculative... furthermore, he's a tall... unless they're in the top 10 (and sometimes even then) a tall is speculative... you just don't know... would you not prefer it to be spent on a Silvagni than on someone else?

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Club Stuff Carlton Academy - Next Gen & Father/Son/Daughter Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back