Official Club Stuff Carlton Academy - Next Gen & Father/Son/Daughter Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Do we get fewer players than other clubs father/son wise? Due to the size of the club and success, feels like we should get more...
While there's been a little bit of bad luck in the mix, the era we're in now was one where Parkin had a lot of role players supporting a few stars, some of whom were famous for not being particular athletic in their day.

There's also a lot of daughters flying around, but now that we've got the AFLW that's a boon now too. The final issue is that the average age of first time parents has drifted a lot over the last 20 or so years, so there's a further lag there of 2-5 years.

Therein lies the question. We've certainly got very little from our 'Zone'. Other teams have top picks. Where are ours?

It’s crazy how much the Knights struggle considering the huge population and growth in the area the last 10 years, they really struggle by not having a prominent private school in the zone, I’ve heard a few draftees over the past few years, talking how they moved out of the zone to another club.

interesting, thought lucas was meant to be rated higher but ben seems to have better stats

is it just about where theyre playing?

Lucas, left footer(easy way to remember) is currently more highly touted, Ben right footer, is also a wingman. Similar attributes, but hard to say how they develop over the next 2 years

Not sure where they played, being 17 year olds, under 18s, but will try and get more info

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heath Ramshaw played a very good game this week 27 disposal is very quick. I think it was his 7th Game at VFL Level. Heath was part of Carlton College of Sport Football Development Program and Northern Knights player. I think he is a player to watch for Mid season draft or next year if he continue his development.

NORTH MELBOURNE 2.2 2.6 3.9 6.10 (46)
CARLTON RESERVES 2.5 5.8 12.10 14.14 (98)

GOALS
Carlton:
Ronke 4, Binns 2, Dow 2, Lemmey 2, Moschetti 2, Cahill, O’Keeffe

BESTS
Carlton:
Dow, Kemp, Ronke, Binns, Fogarty, Ramshaw

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Club Stuff Carlton Academy - Next Gen & Father/Son/Daughter Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back