Official Club Stuff Carlton Academy - Next Gen & Father/Son/Daughter Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder if "grandfather period" means the AFL locks in the clubs points that they have right now but if you want to trade in any more points from other clubs you only get the value according to the new system? That would get complicated but it would be fair.
Yeah good idea - and probably not even too complicated to enforce. Just remove the discount moving forward, and any traded picks you currently own as at 1 January 2024 get a points boost.

From the article:

Changes to the national draft points system are also unlikely to change in time for this year’s draft, meaning Carlton’s ability to secure the Camporeale father-son twins or the Brisbane Lions selecting Levi Ashcroft will not be impacted.

Interesting read, and good to know that the rules are unlikely to change this year.

I'm keen to see how the pick purchasing plays out, it seems clubs will be able to trade a pick and essentially have permission to go over the salary cap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How'd he go? Anyone watch it?
Watched 2/3 of it. He did some very nice things but wasn't as involved as past weeks. Clearly a level above for his age in terms of skill and decision making but not sure the wing is his place. Think he's a more natural on baller or half forward where its easier to follow the play.

Watched 2/3 of it. He did some very nice things but wasn't as involved as past weeks. Clearly a level above for his age in terms of skill and decision making but not sure the wing is his place. Think he's a more natural on baller or half forward where its easier to follow the play.
I only got to watch the 2nd quarter where the big fella up forward was kicking goals like shelling peas.....6 in the first half in a slog!!! Dunno what he finished up with.

Wouldn't be surprised if they opted to play Cody on the wing because of the conditions. Give him more of an outside role where he's not getting smashed by the bigger bodies in the greasy conditions. Got on the end of a chain for a beautiful goal from outside the 50, but didn't do a lot otherwise that quarter.

The commentators were giving him a massive rap though....of course the old "get excited Carlton fans...."

I only got to watch the 2nd quarter where the big fella up forward was kicking goals like shelling peas.....6 in the first half in a slog!!! Dunno what he finished up with.

Wouldn't be surprised if they opted to play Cody on the wing because of the conditions. Give him more of an outside role where he's not getting smashed by the bigger bodies in the greasy conditions. Got on the end of a chain for a beautiful goal from outside the 50, but didn't do a lot otherwise that quarter.

The commentators were giving him a massive rap though....of course the old "get excited Carlton fans...."
Yeah I think they're just protecting him for the time being. Kid can genuinely kick it from 50m with ease, they sail through half way up the post. He's got some freakish ability for a 15yr old already.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Club Stuff Carlton Academy - Next Gen & Father/Son/Daughter Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back