Autopsy Carlton defeats Geelong by 19 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Listen to the Blues sing their song.

Play that in the Cats rooms.

That is a team that wanted to get a win. Its enthusiasm. Its desire.

And it gets results.

Should try it sometime... and they did it 2 blokes down.

(Guthrie, Hendo, Boris and Smith dont have to listen").

Go Catters

They scored most of their goals from turnovers. Lets concentrate on hitting targets and kicking more goals than points for once before blaming structures.

But you are right on some level, our wins were built off keeping the ball in the forward 50m and picking off the oppositions attempts to clear it and that's virtually unsighted the last two weeks.

I think they out worked us but I don't think it was a lack of effort on our behalf, we just looked lost!

Second tier mids, along with effectiveness of Selwood the issue. Just lazy. Three or four well below the standard required.

Oldies in the backline then look slow, and struggle with the flow of ball continuously coming in.

Then we're sloppy coming out of defence with no one running or able to mark the ball.

Docherty throwing his guts up at the end of the game says it all. We just are one way footy players

Slowness wasn't what hurt them. They got killed by turnovers (a lot of them were their fault though) and most of the midfield going AWOL, it put them under immense pressure all day.

Dont even think about a premiership. At this rate were not going to win a f**ing final. Bloody piss-poor. We're a middle of the road side now. Not even a top four side.
The way the draw is, outside of the next month we'll probably play finals and may just sneak into the 4. On current form do we deserve that...no! the way the competition is in the top 8 anyone can win it regardless each team's diffencies.

They scored most of their goals from turnovers. Lets concentrate on hitting targets and kicking more goals than points for once before blaming structures.

But you are right on some level, our wins were built off keeping the ball in the forward 50m and picking off the oppositions attempts to clear it and that's virtually unsighted the last two weeks.

They showed the forward line tackles stat early in the game; Carlton had about a handful whereas we had none. It's unacceptable, and it can't only be due to McCarthy and Cockatoo being out.

The rest of the team needs to have a long hard look at themselves and think about what a privilege and honor is to wear the blue and white hoops.

The cow and pasta hoops.
They need to seriously invest in a better design process for these uniforms so the team shows some pride wearing them.
Should train in it all week so by gameday it's not a second thought.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. We're soft - missed tackles, unaccountability and lack of hardness at the ball coupled with effort.

2. Poorly coached - I thought he'd turned the corner... continues to tolerate undiscipline.

3. Too tall - time for more run... we can't carry so many talls against nimble sides.

4. Zero leadership.

5. Lazy... it's that simple. Not willing to work hard enough.

6. Handball happy - continues to be the case, especially putting teammates under pressure.

7. When a little pressure is applied our veterens still fail to cope. Bartel, Lonergan, Taylor, Enright and Mackie are liabilities under extreme heat... might explain our finals record of late.

Slowness wasn't what hurt them. They got killed by turnovers (a lot of them were their fault though) and most of the midfield going AWOL, it put them under immense pressure all day.

Hence my post saying the main issue was the laziness of the midfield.

Would love to see the tackle count of a few of the second tier.

Gotta give Carlton credit. 2 men down and we're still outrunning us in the end.
Guess that can happen playing 5 talls down back.
Don't know why we think we're so great we don't have to tag any opposition players.
Blitz was playing that shutdown role so well. Why change?
Thought Smedts played allright.
Murdoch was still Murdoch but wasn't the worst.
Hendo played well.
Guthrie awesome.
Motlop shite.

22-10 free kicks how do we expect to win a game wit that differential. Scott needs to have a talk to the umpires department, you can't say Carlton where that disciplined and at key moments like the holding the ball on Guthrie just before half time and then clear out of bounds not being called with casboult and the push in the back with Duncan being called a block. Selwood played today with 1 arm because he was constantly held the rest of the time but no mention of that. Then motlop giving away frees no mention of that half the time he was dripped in the ground but that's fine can beat up on him he should just have to take it. I have never been so frustrated wat ching a game our skills really let us down today but the one side umpiring that was close to cheating was ridiculous.
Shhh you're not allowed to say that, the umpiring was completely impartial it didn't favor the blues at all.

22 - 10 frees.

But of course, nothing will be done.

( - and no its not ehy we lost. We were beaten by a team with more effort. But there is something not right about Frees agaisnt being SO far to the disadvantage").

Go Catters

Far far too tall down back... why the **** Kolo comes in for a small I have no idea..

Gregson was bung average but credit to him for fighting on and contributing, Murda can get in the bin, Blitz has been pretty average last couple of weeks, I'm not sure what his role is.

Too many of our players have a 15 min burst then go missing

Mots was back to his selfish front running lazy worst

I can cop dropping a game to a team that should beat us, **** I hate losses like that

And also can we just abstain from the theme jumpers each year? We always play shit in them

Shades of '06. Have a few good wins, get labelled premiership favourites, then the season turns to shit as the players start to believe their own hype.

Two weeks in a row we've been beaten by a more focused team who showed a far better work-rate, while we're relying on far too few players.

time to go Chris Scott

keeps playing 4 tall defenders
has a great midfield on paper but cant make it work (where did Blicavs play?)
terrible forward structure
extremely undisciplined side
players cant kick goals
sold the future for the now so its flag or bust

This. Our big gamble appears to have failed. So deflating.

We put in ok effort it just seems ugly going forward, it has all year. I believe in footy jargon that means our structures are either poor under pressure or not adhered to.

We seem like a blunt instrument at the moment we can swing hard and do some damage but it's not like a hawthorn sharp sword that goes straight through opponents when they go to top gear.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

22-10 free kicks how do we expect to win a game wit that differential. Scott needs to have a talk to the umpires department, you can't say Carlton where that disciplined and at key moments like the holding the ball on Guthrie just before half time and then clear out of bounds not being called with casboult and the push in the back with Duncan being called a block. Selwood played today with 1 arm because he was constantly held the rest of the time but no mention of that. Then motlop giving away frees no mention of that half the time he was dripped in the ground but that's fine can beat up on him he should just have to take it. I have never been so frustrated wat ching a game our skills really let us down today but the one side umpiring that was close to cheating was ridiculous.
I ACTUALLY THINK THEY WERE TRYING TO BALANCE THE FREES UP IN THE LAST HALF SO THEREFORE MISSED MANY KICKS CARLTONS WAY

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Carlton defeats Geelong by 19 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back