Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part 2 (cont. in Part 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
New kid Matty Balmer's piece on Blues/Shiel:

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...y/news-story/2fb2e6e538fc8f41edcbd4ab5b3e0287

Looks at all options and makes a decent case.

IF we looked to do a deal, I'd be looking at the Crows one (3 x picks inside 20 then using one to gain Shiel) but preferably the future pick, drafting Walsh or Lukosius.

Thoughts?
My favorite option, which wasn't listed in that article, is Carltons first next season and second round this season for Shiel.

2018 2nd round pick, 2019 first round pick for Dylan Shiel.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...y/news-story/2fb2e6e538fc8f41edcbd4ab5b3e0287

IF we looked to do a deal, I'd be looking at the Crows one (3 x picks inside 20 then using one to gain Shiel) but preferably the future pick, drafting Walsh or Lukosius.

Thoughts?

Read it earlier.

Don't mind Option B:-

Carlton trade their future 1st Round Pick for Dylan Shiel and Pick 24

Thoughts?

Bishop from the D & T boards, and AFL Draft Central.

So much more informed than the drivel Ling and Carey dished up last night.

Read it earlier.

Don't mind Option B:-
I don't think we'd get Shiel and a second rounder for a future first. If anything we'd have to throw in another second.

Maybe next years first, second this year for Shiel and this years second?

Like I said above I think our 2019 first, 2018 second for Shiel, but given that report maybe that would be overs by us

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/07/10/cornes-thinks-blues-100-percent-want-priority-pick/

“There’s a belief out there that Carlton got offered a priority pick and knocked it back,” he said. “Now that’s not the case. Cain Liddle (Carlton CEO) and the footy club and the board came to the place where we’re not going to lobby the AFL for a priority pick.

“We weren’t of the belief that we were going to get one anyway so why would we spend energy lobbying them for something when there’s so many things we need to work on and improve and, more importantly than that, accept responsibility for where we find ourselves".

Judd spinning the clubs position on the priority pick.

Me likey.......... :)

bb17889424c9c5143d6ae6c71f49a19a

I don't think we'd get Shiel and a second rounder for a future first. If anything we'd have to throw in another second.

Maybe next years first, second this year for Shiel and this years second?

Like I said above I think our 2019 first, 2018 second for Shiel, but given that report maybe that would be overs by us
Could always get a 3rd back from them (or something like that) to balance it out if need be.

I guess the major component of all this is what SOS wants to do with #1: draft a specific player (JL/SW/IR/etc) or split it and try and maximize value.

If the club's preferred option turns out to be someone who'll probably be available a little later, be it 4 or 8 or whatever, then we might see 1 get split to become multiple drafted players or a drafted player & a traded player.

At least with that article it mentioned 4 reasonable scenarios, 4 more than most other suggestions I've seen in the media lately. I reckon MB had a word count too so no point in going too far down the rabbit hole of deal permutations... don't want to confuse the average reader either...

Could always get a 3rd back from them (or something like that) to balance it out if need be.

I guess the major component of all this is what SOS wants to do with #1: draft a specific player (JL/SW/IR/etc) or split it and try and maximize value.

If the club's preferred option turns out to be someone who'll probably be available a little later, be it 4 or 8 or whatever, then we might see 1 get split to become multiple drafted players or a drafted player & a traded player.

At least with that article it mentioned 4 reasonable scenarios, 4 more than most other suggestions I've seen in the media lately. I reckon MB had a word count too so no point in going too far down the rabbit hole of deal permutations... don't want to confuse the average reader either...
MB a great addition to the Fox team imo.

Its OK Kane thinks having the most equal most injuries of any team doesn't provide an excuse for our performances and our players lost aren't equivalent to Adelaide's injury list..

Marchbank, Plowman, Williamson, Weitering etc are all replaceable yeah sure ...who with O'Shea, Mullet etc....

The guy is a Carlton hating moron, radio equivalent to click bait.

C'mon someone in Melbourne call him up and give him some factual information.
ive was texting him all morning and disputing all his arguments and refuting all the errors other callers were making. Calling is what he wants because it validates his approach.

Co captains?

They are two very different players

Docherty is better speaker, better temperament, has media nous and presumably a more tactical mind.

Cripps is a very high performer who leads from the front.

They are two very different players

Docherty is better speaker, better temperament, has media nous and presumably a more tactical mind.

Cripps is a very high performer who leads from the front.

Sound like a business in the front...party in the back type of set up. Me like

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A must listen for all supporters. Very powerfull

Andy raised something ive been thinking about for a while. Neil Balme.

Was thinking we need someone like him to come in and help steady our ship.

Take all the heat from the media, and just settle things down inside our 4 walls.

Andy didn't say we need someone like him... said we need HIM. Just go out and pay him whatever he wants. Go get the best.

If we could get him it would be huge. Success just follows the man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back