Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part 2 (cont. in Part 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Andy raised something ive been thinking about for a while. Neil Balme.

Was thinking we need someone like him to come in and help steady our ship.

Take all the heat from the media, and just settle things down inside our 4 walls.

Andy didn't say we need someone like him... said we need HIM. Just go out and pay him whatever he wants. Go get the best.

If we could get him it would be huge. Success just follows the man.

Unlikely as he is not long in to his new role, who else out there is similar?

Who's the bloke on SEN on Tuesday nights (6.30-7.00), i think someone called him BT. He sounded like a Carlton man as he was passionately defending the club and its position whilst refuting garbage spoken from Cornes, the media and our own fans. He had a very educated view of our situation and the working of a list and a cub as a whole.

Who's the bloke on SEN on Tuesday nights (6.30-7.00), i think someone called him BT. He sounded like a Carlton man as he was passionately defending the club and its position whilst refuting garbage spoken from Cornes, the media and our own fans. He had a very educated view of our situation and the working of a list and a cub as a whole.
I heard some of it, sounded like Brett Phillips (BP instead of BT?). Not sure which team he supports, but I think he is a bit of a tennis expert too.

I heard some of it, sounded like Brett Phillips (BP instead of BT?). Not sure which team he supports, but I think he is a bit of a tennis expert too.

BP was a Fitzroy supporter who didn't become a Brisbane lions supporter after the merge. Just a fan of AFL

Loved his defence of our club at a time when we are getting smashed.

We hired BP for a few years to be the GM of a local footy club I played at.

Don't think he would have any inside sources at Carlton but he certainly stays pretty on top of what goes on around the afl, and is very measured and reasonable. Won't hear any outlandish headline grabbing statements from him.

Gentleman of a man too.

"HARRY McKay has taken a single contested mark and laid three tackles since Round 10"

If he takes 10 uncontested marks and 0 uncontested and averages 2 goals a game I'm fine with that.

Not every forward has to take contested marks to be effective just as every midfielder isn't needed to get contested ball.

The irony is we need a gun uncontested, fast, ball carrying onballer to compliment the likes of inside ball winners like Crippa and Ed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back