Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part 2 (cont. in Part 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nik Dal santo wouldn't know enough about our club to even have a licence to judge us

What was the culture and mental state like at the saints in all those years you played there Nik. Do you need a few reminders ? FMD .

Oh wait...

1 cup in 327 years says it all .

Shutup Nik ..
You tell him Dave...as if having a bad year wasn't bad enough we have to put up with dumb arses like him.

Nick Dal Santo, fmd

Although, massive mental concerns about sums up his time in the game.

Being backed up by Spud Frawley is not exactly a ringing endorsement

Little prick.

Nik Dal santo wouldn't know enough about our club to even have a licence to judge us

What was the culture and mental state like at the saints in all those years you played there Nik. Do you need a few reminders ? FMD .

Oh wait...

1 cup in 327 years says it all .

Shutup Nik ..
You cant take anything that comes out of a St-Kilda seriously in any way. The most unsuccessful club in the games history. More home grounds, more coaches and the most money wasted on those two issues than any other club. Plus one flag in their entire history and it can only be seen in black & white.

In fairness, nothing Dal Santo says is unwarranted.

Talent isn't enough, effort has to be there, last weekend it wasn't, Carlton need to respond or questions will continue to be asked about the playing group and/or coaches.
Though, if we're being fair, questions were being asked over the previous two seasons of the leadership and the playing list anyway, despite significantly better performances and far better structure due to greater continuity in the playing group.

Questions are being asked anyway. Vultures always pick a carcass whenever they find one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

whats the one on SOS in the HS this morning? anyone behind the paywall?

Pretty sure it was just Maclure's ramblings on 360 last night.

"I think Stephen Silvagni's under some pressure, no doubt at all because the next draft is a huge thing for them,"

"Whether they can get some mature-age players, and also what they can pick out of the draft. They're going to get first pick, they've got a few things up their sleeve and we'll judge on that."

paraphrased

PRESSURE ON FAVOURITE SON CARLTON great Mark Maclure says the heat is on SOS. Maclure said Silvagni and his recruiting team need to nail the upcoming trade and draft period. Carlton has since been criticised for bringing too many recycled players to the club . "I think Stephen Silvagni's under some pressure, no doubt at all because the next draft is a huge thing for them.

"Whether they can get some mature-age players, and also what they can pick out of the draft. They're going to get first pick, they've got a few things up their sleeve and we'll judge on that."

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...8/news-story/75d41bb03644a555abea80f6e021d2e7

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty sure it was just Maclure's ramblings on 360 last night.

"I think Stephen Silvagni's under some pressure, no doubt at all because the next draft is a huge thing for them,"

Should have known that when a former club great has something negative to say about us it was gonna be Maclure.

Should have known that when a former club great has something negative to say about us it was gonna be Maclure.

Let's hope he continues to back the coach comsidering these was his thoughts last year.

https://www.insidesport.com.au/news...turn-carlton-into-afls-next-powerhouse-469603

"Bolton’s a relationship builder. If you don’t have a relationship with the players, you’re finished. I’ve not met one person who’s got one bad word to say against him, which is unusual for a coach," he said.

“I’ve been in the corporate world for 30 years, doing business and watching people do presentations. He did a presentation the first time I saw him, when he first came. It’s in the top three presentations I’ve ever seen."

Wild about Harry: Blues finally recall forward

HARRY McKay will return for Carlton on Friday night, with Blues coach Brendon Bolton shining a light on why the young forward has endured a prolonged absence from the team.

"I'll give you the story of Harry McKay," Bolton told reporters on Thursday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to hear Bolts give more background on the McKay situation. Hopefully, that will keep the scribes at bay a little bit.

Good to hear Bolts give more background on the McKay situation. Hopefully, that will keep the scribes at bay a little bit.
Might make a few of them look a bit foolish because of there outrageous statements and tantrums in recent times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back