Media Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part IV

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

SOS loves going back in for players he's previously drafted.

He did it at Carlton with GWS and he's already done it at St Kilda with Stocker. I have no doubt he'll be asking the question of TDK.

He'd be a good fit there with Marshall their number 1 and a very capable forward.

Much like the Geelong talk though, I struggle with the godfather offer though. He's just not worth anywhere near the contract terms being reported and I don't think he will be by the end of this year either. Watching with great interest.

If it's a horse's head it'd better be off one mother******* good horse.

Mmm.
TDK at Saints?
I think not.

Horses heads?

View attachment 1630131

the simpsons animation GIF

SOS loves going back in for players he's previously drafted.

He did it at Carlton with GWS and he's already done it at St Kilda with Stocker. I have no doubt he'll be asking the question of TDK.
He did, although his track record with those players isn't great.

There's a handy list of GWS -> Carlton players at the bottom of this page: How Carlton's 12 GWS recruits have fared

The two best in that list are clearly Kennedy and Williams, but neither was a double SOS recruit -- Kennedy was drafted by GWS after SOS left, and Williams came to Carlton after SOS left.

All the others were recruited by SOS twice, although Setterfield gets an asterisk -- SOS's first attempt was to bid on him in the draft while at Carlton, but GWS matched the bid. The best of them, in terms of actual output? This board's favourite player: Lachie Plowman.

Granted, there are some salary dumps and package deals in that group. Even so, it's hard to avoid the conclusion that SOS will occasionally overrate / over-commit to some players beyond their actual output, and that could represent an opportunity for Austin & co.

Damo (yes I know) on Footy Classified stating that SOS making it known that the saints are prepared to make a godfather offer for TDK.
... why though?

They've got an excellent young ruck in Todd Marshall, and TDK's set shot kicking is well sub par for a key forward if they want to use him as an offsider for King. Blowing the bank on an extra player would be the height of idiocy.

So he's probably absolutely correct, seeing as it's St Kilda...

... why though?

They've got an excellent young ruck in Todd Marshall, and TDK's set shot kicking is well sub par for a key forward if they want to use him as an offsider for King. Blowing the bank on an extra player would be the height of idiocy.

So he's probably absolutely correct, seeing as it's St Kilda...

Todd Marshall plays for Port Adelaide.

Rowan is 27 and has carried injuries through the last few seasons.

It makes sense to find someone who splits ruck time with him, given he’s also damaging forward of centre.

Last edited:
Todd Marshall plays for Port Adelaide.

Rosanna is 27 and has carried injuries through the last few seasons.

It makes sense to find someone who splits ruck time with him, given he’s also damaging forward of centre.

Is say Gethelred means Rowan Marshall. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't lose your sense of humour - love it.
if that was going to happen it would have by now - I've followed carlton the past 20 years.............

Is it me or did that seem like tampering? I don’t know if the league have rules around it but I’m pretty certain you can’t be professing about recruiting oppo players under contract for the upcoming season.

It did strike me as unusual how open Ross was about having a hard on for TDK. Realistically those conversations happen but most coaches would be reluctant to comment publicly.

It did strike me as unusual how open Ross was about having a hard on for TDK. Realistically those conversations happen but most coaches would be reluctant to comment publicly.
They love their lanky blondes at St Kilda.

Remove this Banner Ad

Media Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Back