Media Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part IV

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

OK, so for those who don't have Kayo, or missed 360, here you go:

ESKIE, even downscaled it was still too big. I don't know if this will stay up on youtube for long, but it's there for now :)

Thanks OBF very kind of you !

What have they got to do with his interviewing ability? Not sure picking a ball up on the run and hitting a target are relevant to giving interesting interviews but maybe I'm wrong.
Judging as boring gives the impression they need to be media savvy and entertainers as well. Celebrate he is humble, quiet, well adjusted.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Judging as boring gives the impression they need to be media savvy and entertainers as well. Celebrate he is humble, quiet, well adjusted.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
Your impression of my opinion is wrong: I didn't say he needs to. I simply stated that that interview was boring.

Last edited:
H/S headline about Mick McGuane admitting he was wrong about Carlton (the same bloke who rated our midfield, forwards and defence all at about 14th to 15th best in the comp) but that he still has lots of concerns.

His main concerns should be;
  • The fraudulent way that he took money from us when his career was effectively over.
  • How he has let himself go to the extent that he has
  • H/S realises that even by their pitiful standards that his analytical standards aren't up to scratch.

Apparently we could easily be 1 and 2 though.

H/S headline about Mick McGuane admitting he was wrong about Carlton (the same bloke who rated our midfield, forwards and defence all at about 14th to 15th best in the comp) but that he still has lots of concerns.

• The fraudulent way that he took money from us when his career was effectively over.
  • H/S realises that even by their pitiful standards that his analytical standards aren't up to scratch.

hes an idiot. just showing off his Carlton hate. can't wait to play them. hope pies sneak into finals so we can bloody pump em

BF post from RPCB admitting he never cared about Mick McGuane’s opinion about Carlton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bit imagist......

hes an idiot. just showing off his Carlton hate. can't wait to play them. hope pies sneak into finals so we can bloody pump em
Nah.. no Pies, Tigs or * in finals would do me...
Edit: I'd rather us be the side that knocks them out of final contention...

Headline: Mick McGuane: The good, the bad and the unsustainable aspects of Carlton’s emergence
Link: archive.ph

Headline: Mick McGuane: The good, the bad and the unsustainable aspects of Carlton’s emergence
To be fair there are some valid points there. However it is misleading to make summations about teams comparatively after 3 games, as in Carlton have only scored from chains from their back half 10% of the time whilst Brisbane have 17% of the time this year - ANSWER Carlton haven't played and defeated the Kangaroos by 108 thus distorting said statistic.

I'm still not convinced that scoring a lot from the midfield is not sustainable. At the very worst continue to keep scoring from your strong midfield and continue to work to add other layers like scoring from turnovers.

Don't think that he gives our defence as much credit as he should either. Sure, due to circumstances beyond our control, we are one very good KPD off where we would like to be however we have one elite KPD and our small to mid size defenders (Saad, Williams, Docherty, Stocker, Newman) are probably as good collectively, if not better than those of any other team in the comp. A fit McGovern and OMac/Young being able to curb an opponent means that our defence is a long long way away from being a weakness.

Last edited:
Great analysis Bigg Frizz!

McGuane certainly raises some fair points of concern, and you’ve provided fair reason why his analysis might be flawed. The only other rebuttal I would make is that we are three full games into a completely new game plan with a completely new coach. The players are still learning. There will definitely be things they are going to do better towards the end of this season when they’ve had a chance to play together more often. I’d say transition out of defence (which involves more players by the sheer nature of having to travel the full ground) is one which should improve as the season progresses.

jordan lewis now hosing down cyril's truth...........
Just watched it today. Well described Thy - some definite hosing down by Lewis and he looked fairly uncomfortable, especially with Betts on the other side of the desk.

And Betts’ reply to Robbo was millimeter perfect. Thought I noticed Lewis squirm even more.

He is doubling down, admitted he got the midfield ranking wrong, but now saying we won't make finals because of key numbers, wait for it, in just 3 games

Perhaps, when we play the likes of Port, North and other bottom 6 sides, those numbers will turn again

Haven't seen this posted yet:

Seriously, have we ever had a player who speaks as well as Jacob? If we have, I cant remember them.

Self-assured, insightful, intelligent and humble. Quite the combination.

Haven't seen this posted yet:

Seriously, have we ever had a player who speaks as well as Jacob? If we have, I cant remember them.

Self-assured, insightful, intelligent and humble. Quite the combination.
Agree. I hang on every word he says. He gives you faith in his words. Not just random cliches like Harry, Walshy and Crippa tend to do.

Weiters and Doc are both great!

Remove this Banner Ad

Media Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Back