Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Your window slams shut the second Cripps hangs up the boots IMO, he’s that influential for you. The way he plays how many years til he breaks down?

So it’s not any old year, it might be 2-3 years til you’re entirely out of the mix again, maybe for another 30 years… it’s also not every year a dual AA A-grader childhood fan wants to get to your club, right when you’re at the zenith of your list build and meant to be contending. The timing is impeccable.

The way they seem to be trying to cut loose Owies and Kennedy tells me salary cap may be an issue, yes, but if it’s just about wanting a draft pick too it’s sheer stupidity IMO. Even if the 50/50 of the player making it goes your way, it’s unlikely to coincide with your captain still carrying the team on his shoulders, and you win nothing and die wondering what could have been….

Trust me as a Pies fan I’m pleased by what I’m seeing, and we may well be the beneficiaries, just can’t make heads or tails of what Carlton are thinking.
Glad you are pleased

Again what's the point . I could throw silvagni into my top 15 and he laughs it off as it doesnt suit the narrative. Everything I suggest he contests. Do you not agree ?
You nominated Silvagni in your top 15 and I laughed it off because he's not in your top 15.

On this forum, it's not about who 'says something', it's about 'what they say'....

I agree with many things that many Carlton posters say.

Carlton posters now claiming McStay isn't in Collingwood's best and most important 15 players, and if he is, then the likes of Silvagni and Fogarty are in theirs.

Boy oh boy wowee.

If that's the case, we'll I guess it's clear why Collingwood regularly contend for premierships, where's Carlton haven't contended for a quarter of a century...

Carlton posters now claiming McStay isn't in Collingwood's best and most important 15 players, and if he is, then the likes of Silvagni and Fogarty are in theirs.

Boy oh boy wowee.

If that's the case, we'll I guess it's clear why Collingwood regularly contend for premierships, where's Carlton haven't contended for a quarter of a century...

Collingwood don’t win either of their first 2 finals in 2023 without McStay. Simple as that.

Same old same old, Carlton were better in 2024 and that puts us in front at the minute, who cares beside you blokes what happened in the last quater of a century.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reports of Graham Wright to be appointed Dep CEO Carlton

Did he leave Pies on bad terms?

Sort of yes.

But he gives off ‘grumpy old man’ vibes these days. He left Hawthorn after relationship with Clarkson soured (to be fair it was a long time), he left Pies after relationship with Kelly soured.

He has been in football admin a very long time, almost feels like he’s done with it.

This has the potential to be another Malthouse type move, and frankly I’m here for it.

Meh who cares about soft half back flanker Houston.

We got Wright, suck shit Pies!!1

He will need to come in and clean up the culture that’s for sure.

Look what you guys just did to Owies; leaked a fake story about his salary demands which are completely inflated. Carlton burning players as they try and fight dirty.

Given they have a traditional round 1 fixture against Richmond, there's a likely double up and therefore immediate leg up there...
Sorry, I'm not in AGREEANCE with that.
There has been situations where we have played Richmond opening round and not again for the year.
And tell me how is it any different to collingwood playing Essendon twice every year - they aren't particularly setting the world on fire.
And......no one was complaining when we played them twice when they won their 3 flags, all off a sudden it's a problem. Oh boy...

Sorry, I'm not in AGREEANCE with that.
There has been situations where we have played Richmond opening round and not again for the year.
And tell me how is it any different to collingwood playing Essendon twice every year - they aren't particularly setting the world on fire.
And......no one was complaining when we played them twice when they won their 3 flags, all off a sudden it's a problem. Oh boy...
Carlton drew Richmond twice in 2017, the fixture set when Richmond hadn't won a final for 15 years.

Played them once in 2018, after Richmond won the 2017 flag.

Back to twice in 2019. Carlton weren't exactly looked like a premiership contender that year.

COVID year in 2020, so just the once.

Then just the once again in 2021 - yep, we'd better protect Carlton from the 3 x premiers....

When have Essendon ever been as bad as Richmond were in 2024, and will be in 2025?

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back