Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

What's happening in here? Pies sold their future for Houston and Schultzy Pudding guts?

Boy oh boy the cliff is going to be steep when it arrives for the rotten old pies
Meanwhile Carlton are dumping experienced best 23 players for peanuts and collecting draft picks for a tilt at the flag in 2032.

Thing is though, a 4 week span is not a long enough body of work to fall back on.

If my 18 year old nephew who just started working went to the bank asking for a 50k loan based on the 3 months work he's put in, I'm not sure they are agreeing to it.

Williams turns 30 and has absolutely no standout qualities to suddenly be capable of kicking 50 goals next season.
Who says he needs to kick 50 goals next season - that's a ridiculous expectation. Williams played forward every game after Round 8 so not just four games. In that period he looked our most lively small forward - got his goals in a number of way including by good positioning off the talls and also on the lead. Can put pressure on and also did a lot of good work up the ground. He's not going to kick 50 goals but we don't need him to.

I’m just spewing we weren’t able to get hold of Nick Haynes. He’ll dominate Werribee and Williamstown next year

Who says he needs to kick 50 goals next season - that's a ridiculous expectation. Williams played forward every game after Round 8 so not just four games. In that period he looked our most lively small forward - got his goals in a number of way including by good positioning off the talls and also on the lead. Can put pressure on and also did a lot of good work up the ground. He's not going to kick 50 goals but we don't need him to.
Owies wins collingwoods goalkicking this season with 30 . Maybe they should pick him up if they rate him so highly

Was never really a fight. Carlton have mismanaged their salary cap and spend their coins on a list that hasn’t gotten close to a premiership. Attempts to free up space by dumping Kennedy and Young were unsuccessful. Houston fell into Collingwood’s lap after Melbourne and Carlton’s poor attempts to lure him over. Carlton have committed to resetting their salary cap by going back to the draft, to have a 10% chance of picking up a player as good as Houston.
You just make stuff up lol. Carlton offered a big deal to Hayward during the year - how would you suppose we did that if we had this full salary cap?

You've got enough talent to limp into 8th spot then go Owen 60 in the final.
But yeah.... I'm sure it will all work out great
With the second worst injury list in the comp? Yep, pretty confident in our current list.

Pies on the other hand are going backwards as there old retiree brigade get worse and worse and more and more injury prone

Well , indeed he did. 12 best on grounds would be a record amount I believe.
Prove me wrong.
Go
Pity the coaches, who are better placed to assess the game's best players, didn't agree with the umpires.

As good as Cripps' 2024 was, Daicos was right there with him, and therefore comfortably ahead when assessing the past two years in totality.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pity the coaches, who are better placed to assess the game's best players, didn't agree with the umpires.

As good as Cripps' 2024 was, Daicos was right there with him, and therefore comfortably ahead when assessing the past two years in totality.
Were the coaches "better placed" when McRae gave Daicos 5 votes for his game against us despite not being in the top 5 players on the ground? How many votes did Daicos win the award by again?

With the second worst injury list in the comp? Yep, pretty confident in our current list.

Pies on the other hand are going backwards as there old retiree brigade get worse and worse and more and more injury prone
Can you tell me who the 'best 22' from Carlton were that contributed to the graphic suggesting Carlton had the second worst injury list in the comp?

You must have missed the memo. When Carlton get injuries it doesn't matter. Better to remember that for next time.

Were the coaches "better placed" when McRae gave Daicos 5 votes for his game against us despite not being in the top 5 players on the ground? How many votes did Daicos win the award by again?
Yeah, he wasn't in the top 5 players on the ground according to Voss.

But he was certainly in the best 3 on the ground.

What disgraceful nepotism from Voss. Good thing Fly read the room to ensure the integrity of the award was maintained.

Can you tell me who the 'best 22' from Carlton were that contributed to the graphic suggesting Carlton had the second worst injury list in the comp?
Here's quite a detailed run down Fudgenator

Yeah, he wasn't in the top 5 players on the ground according to Voss.

But he was certainly in the best 3 on the ground.

What disgraceful nepotism from Voss. Good thing Fly read the room to ensure the integrity of the award was maintained.
Cameron, Moore, Weitering, Hewett, Cripps, Pendlebury were all better on the night.

Here's quite a detailed run down Fudgenator

So based on this article, it was Carlton 192 to Collingwood 176 to 'best 22'.

And they mentioned Jordan Boyd!

So how does that make Carlton more impacted when we consider the analysis I shared earlier re: large numbers of games missed by their best 15 players (which therefore takes the subjective essence out of who is in and who is out of each team's best 22)?

So based on this article, it was Carlton 192 to Collingwood 176 to 'best 22'.

And they mentioned Jordan Boyd!

So how does that make Carlton more impacted when we consider the analysis I shared earlier re: large numbers of games missed by their best 15 players (which therefore takes the subjective essence out of who is in and who is out of each team's best 22)?
Boyd played every game until he got injured - was very clearly in our best 22.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back