Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Peak bigfooty.

Modern day Carlton fans telling Pies fans how to build a list.

My only post in this thread will be this.

Carlton will need to be paying 4 blokes $1,000,000 and have their top 7 blokes taking up $6.6 mil in the cap - Nearly 40% of the 2025 cap.

The fall from grace when their second tier of players walk and / or there's a big culture shift due to the big 'guns' absorbing the cap will both be brilliant and satisfying.

Talk about building a list .... Carlton the team of 'stars' but no premiership team lmfao

I am going to be fascinated to sit back and watch this Carlton rebuild. Will it be different to the others? I admire the honesty of the club in realising this current list cannot win a flag and not bothering to top it up with stars to have a crack at a flag. Brutally honest but harsh. Back to the draft, the rebuild begins.

Perryman and Houston won’t make a difference to your defence if your midfield keeps getting belted. There are only so many D50 entries that can be defended.

This is a dumb trade period by the Pies, did not address the real weaknesses in their team in the mid or fwd line.

Awwwwwwwww, the little Carlton stooge is back. How sweet.

I am going to be fascinated to sit back and watch this Carlton rebuild. Will it be different to the others? I admire the honesty of the club in realising this current list cannot win a flag and not bothering to top it up with stars to have a crack at a flag. Brutally honest but harsh. Back to the draft, the rebuild begins.
Says a lot that you think picking up a player in the draft means you're rebuilding.

I just feel sorry for the poor kid they take at pick 4...

Another career ruined.

It's amusing but I also find it a bit concerning what Carlton have done..... I 100% expected them to try to top up thinking they were still in the window. But their lack of delusion this time is a worry.

They have realised that they are a turd and that they need to stop polishing it. They've come to this realisation much earlier than I expected. It shows an uncharacteristic self awareness from within the club. Bad signs.

They genuinely can't afford him mate.

Got to pay up 7 figures for Walsh and TDK within the next summer ;)

How many more 33 goals a year forwards are gonna walk from their side?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The reality check was that we had more injuries to our best 22 tho...
I am trying not be too parochial in relation to this topic. However I know that both Collingwood & Carlton experienced an usually high level of injuries during the 2023 season. Now whether Carlton had more or not, I am not sure & I am open to the relevant statistical data. OK. Now I think that the acquisition of both Perryman & Houston will certainly improve the Pies going forward. On the flip side, I have to say that I admire Carlton's creative draft strategy in order to get Pick 3 in this forthcoming draft. Obviously the Blues have a particular target in mind. Whether it is Callaghan or Lalor or Smith or someone else I am not sure. However I am sure that Carlton will end up with a quality player. Goodnight & good luck.

Please explain how is it a rebuild ? We have offloaded a couple of fringe players ( like collingwood did with Noble ) , identified that the top half dozen player's in the draft are really really good prospects so have traded a future 1st and 2nd to obtain that pick 3 ( collingwood yet again have traded future 1st for Houston) , and have acquired points to bring in 2 father/sons which was always going to happen.
Not much of a rebuild if you ask me. Actually, if any club wasn't recycling at least 6 players per year , I would be extremely concerned . It's a weird take from your behalf

Last edited:
Which part was wrong?

Will Sidey & Pendles play on in 2026?
Will Howe, Cox, Elliott still be around and/or serviceable at AFL level?
Do you have picks & other currency to trade with to replace these players?
You have 1x F/S coming (McGuane), is that incorrect?
Did you not finish 9th? Thus having to improve your position from 9th to Top 4 to be a real shot at the flag?

It's a 1-year shot. A Last Dance approach based on slim hope rather than actual evidence - sorry the evidence is 'we beat brisbane twice in the h&a season'.
What you may be too dull to have observed is that we’ve already begun finding mid-career replacements for the outgoing players before they retire. Ie

Elliot - Schultz
Sidebottom - Perryman
Pendles - Houston

That’s three of the five you’re so concerned about we’ve planned ahead for. The others will be similarly covered. Hell we’ve got a basketballer even taller than Cox on the way, one who was touted as a 1st round pick before opting to try and make the NBA….

We’ll be fine. Keep contending etc. status quo stuff….

I’d be more worried about the cliff awaiting the Blues when Cripps stops single handedly dragging you across the line in games, wonder how many top tier years he’s got left? Clocks ticking…

Rebuilding lol - it's called team balance. We want to put ourselves in a position where we can have some sustained success not contend for 2 years and then fall to the bottom 4 again. We will not sell the farm to fill a position that is not a pressing need. With Tasi coming in soon and compromising the draft the time is now to bring in some elite young talent.
For success to be sustained you have to be successful to begin with.

I’d be more worried about the cliff awaiting the Blues when Cripps stops single handedly dragging you across the line in games, wonder how many top tier years he’s got left? Clocks ticking…
It's not like Nick doesn't single handedly drag Collingwood across the the line in games is it ? Is that any different ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back