Preview Carlton vs Essendon, MCG, Saturday 18/04/15, 1:45 PM - Changes post #573

Winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over the past few years we've played some bloody good footy but now and then when there is a call for resting and 100pt smashings the performance isn't there.
Examples
2012 Round 15 Sat 7 Jul St Kilda Etihad Stadium Loss 62-133
2012 Round 10 Sat 2 Jun Melbourne MCG Loss 52-58
2013 Round 8 Sat 18 May Brisbane Etihad Stadium Loss 86-96
2014 Round 5 Sat 19 Apr St Kilda Etihad Stadium Loss 65-81
2014 Round 13 Sun 15 Jun Melbourne MCG Loss 77-78
2014 Round 20 Fri 8 Aug Richmond MCG Loss 77-95

This is my point.Do I need more examples? The teams that are September regulars don't get complacent and lose to lesser teams. That is the biggest test for this team and it's supporters
One team I can think of that are September regulars that DO get complacent and lose to lesser teams is that mob we played last weekend:)

So where's all this hammering of Carlton in the media? Haven't been mentioned once. As I said in my video, Essendon by 115

I personally think we should rest all 22 players. I mean they had a really hard game on the back of another one and now a 6 day break. Unheard of.

We must manage every player, because if we do, we will be unbeatable in round 22 when all the players are cherry ripe to go. I mean, they have played 2 FREAKING GAMES and people are suggesting resting them is crazy or arrogant?

What team doesn't rest best 22 players after 2 weeks of footy?

I can think of...ummm....errrrr....

I'm not sure why the concept that blokes will go out of the team in round 3 is upsetting for you. I mean, do you think that Mitchell and Gibson going out of the Hawks line-up was arrogance or the necessity of managing 30+ year olds - they have 'general soreness' after 1 game.

Blokes less than 23 and greater 29 are going to need to be managed, not because they can't perform to AFL standard but rather that they can't perform to to an exceptional AFL standard without the chance to refresh.

These guys are coming off three months of the hardest training that they will have for the entire year, to be honest they are more likely to do longer stints later in the season than at the start.

Having said that, the only guys that I think that need to get managed for anything other than physical pain and soreness is Chappy and Fletch. These are both guys that would run out on the ground with severed stumps for legs, but you will get more impact out of them if you can keep them fresh.

This will be a trickier propisition than it would seem on face value ... why? Because football's a funny old game.

Having said that, let's totally ******* contriturate the ************** pieces of excremental, tanking, slopsucking rabble. Failing that, winning handsomely will do just fine for me.

This will be a trickier propisition than it would seem on face value ... why? Because football's a funny old game.

Having said that, let's totally ******* contriturate the ************** pieces of excremental, tanking, slopsucking rabble. Failing that, winning handsomely will do just fine for me.
I mean, when a neo-conservative defenestrates, it's like Raskalnikov filibuster deoxymonohydroxinate.

Just wanted to come here and wish your boys the best week and also commend the Essendon supporters that have come over to our board to discuss the match. Even though we are bitter rivals none of you have put the boot in when we're down, which I think shows real class.

I think the bombers will be way to strong for us this weekend and think you guys will have a really strong season. I hope both teams can play four quarters of football that is somewhat enjoyable to watch as supporters. Either way, best of luck for the rest of the season!

P.S what's the deal with Tayte Pears? He looked like an exciting prospect before injuries got to him, any chance of him getting a game sometime this year? I hope he gets over his troubles.

P.S what's the deal with Tayte Pears? He looked like an exciting prospect before injuries got to him, any chance of him getting a game sometime this year? I hope he gets over his troubles.
Last time I checked Tayte Pears was useless, but that was in 2012, hasnt really played since then

if the blues are only a couple of goals behind or heaven forbid, leading going into the h/t break, its going to be a fun ride watching how much football is still played above the shoulders with our boys in the 2nd half.

if the blues are only a couple of goals behind or heaven forbid, leading going into the h/t break, its going to be a fun ride watching how much football is still played above the shoulders with our boys in the 2nd half.

YOUR DEFINITION OF FUN IS WRONG

I still think having one of Cooney/Chappy sub and the other subbed out, the pair playing approximately 85-90% between them is the best course of action.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure why the concept that blokes will go out of the team in round 3 is upsetting for you. I mean, do you think that Mitchell and Gibson going out of the Hawks line-up was arrogance or the necessity of managing 30+ year olds - they have 'general soreness' after 1 game.

Blokes less than 23 and greater 29 are going to need to be managed, not because they can't perform to AFL standard but rather that they can't perform to to an exceptional AFL standard without the chance to refresh.

These guys are coming off three months of the hardest training that they will have for the entire year, to be honest they are more likely to do longer stints later in the season than at the start.

Having said that, the only guys that I think that need to get managed for anything other than physical pain and soreness is Chappy and Fletch. These are both guys that would run out on the ground with severed stumps for legs, but you will get more impact out of them if you can keep them fresh.
If they are injured, they don't play. If they are fit, they do.

You manage workloads within the game by playing them less on the ball, subbing them out etc.. That is how you manage them.

In fact the only time I ever see the club managing players is when we play interstate (Fletch).

If they are injured, they don't play. If they are fit, they do.

You manage workloads within the game by playing them less on the ball, subbing them out etc.. That is how you manage them.

In fact the only time I ever see the club managing players is when we play interstate (Fletch).
Chappy last year too.

In: Dempsey, Fletcher
Out: Ashby, Gwilt

Harsh on Ashby, but i can only see him starting as the sub and would prefer to see him get a full game not 2 x quarter games, whereas Dempseys ideal return is as a sub and i think could be a role for him later on in his career but also a stepping stone to him playing a full game in the coming weeks at AFL level hopefully against Collingwood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back