Carlton Want John Anthony

Remove this Banner Ad

Source: Greg Denham of the AustralianNewspaper this morning on SEN Radio.

Anyone have any comment or understanding of what is being offer by the Blues?

Prob a 3 or 4 way involving Freo (Tarrant), Tigers (Grigg) , Blues Jack) and us

Given how they're dealing with Adelaide it's sure to be a long painful process if they really do want him. Check the threads on both boards about Jacobs.

Of course they want him, they want any kpp they can find, and in their structure he will be a superstar, they will remain a 1 dimensional and flawed team but he will look like a bigger gun then ever and more then likely end up at the pointy end of the coleman.

Given how they're dealing with Adelaide it's sure to be a long painful process if they really do want him. Check the threads on both boards about Jacobs.

I can't believe Carlton want a first round or Talia for Jacobs.

Jacobs can ruck, but talk about overrating their own.

I can't believe Carlton want a first round or Talia for Jacobs.

Jacobs can ruck, but talk about overrating their own.

Yeah I've been following it on both boards and it's absolutely hilarious. Adelaide are offering the compensation pick they got from Bock, and I think thats around the mark, perhaps even slightly generous. Suffice to say that dealing with Carlton is crap and we should lay down what we want and leave it at that.

I think there will be a group of supporters on this site that hate Carlton as much as we do at the end of this week. :p

The fact that it is Carlscum, and the fact that they were complete tools last year in regards to Fev and simply refusing to deal with us means I think we should ask for either Gibbs or Yarran and if they aren't willing to cough up (which they won't because lets face it those are unreasonable trades) then we should tell them to go **** themselves

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cameron Wood was pick 14 from the pies .

Also pick 14 is a-kin to pick 20 with gun 17 year olds already gone.

Cam was IIRC a recent top 10 draft pick for Brisbane who in his time at AFL level had performed extremely well (on par if not better then Warnock's time as number 1 ruck at Freo)

Jacobs has promise but doesn't have the same value Wood had at that stage. It's all good to look at how things turned out retrospectively but at the time Wood held a lot of value.

Yeh, this one will be long and painful if true.

Considering what they are asking for in regards to Jacobs, Walker and Grigg, we will be dishing it out very hard too.

Anything less than a 1st rounder from them is not acceptable.

I want a lot of things in life: a new camera, a better collection of ties, one of those drinks with the little umbrellas in it...

The longer this thing drags out, the less I want to see Tarrant back. Nothing personal.

I'm going to repeat my feelings.

I really don't want to lose Jack Anthony. Losing him to Carlton would be that much worse. After how they behaved towards us with Fevola when Fevola was DESPERATE to come to Collingwood, we shouldn't be giving Carlton shit.

Jack hasn't been put up to trade to Freo.
It will take something special for Collingwood to pull the trigger wih Carlton. The club hasn't forgotten Swann's efforts last trading period.

I'll eat my shoe if he goes to Carlton. Granted he'd probably thrive there, I just can't bear to have one of our evidently skilled KPPs go to the dark side.

If carlscum want Jack Anthony they are ghetting a 22 year old kpp who can play both ends of the ground.

Very hard to get.

We should ask for Andrew Walker straight swap otherwise no deal.

Under no circumstances should we trade Jack to these aresholes for a second or third round pick like we did for Scotland we got ripped walker or no deal.

Sounds like Beams may be involved.
118_I-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

I did laugh..! well played sir..! :thumbsu:

Yeah I've been following it on both boards and it's absolutely hilarious. Adelaide are offering the compensation pick they got from Bock, and I think thats around the mark, perhaps even slightly generous. Suffice to say that dealing with Carlton is crap and we should lay down what we want and leave it at that.

I think there will be a group of supporters on this site that hate Carlton as much as we do at the end of this week. :p

Going to be pretty hard for Adelaide to offer that now that they dont have it anymore.

Anthony wont be at Carlton next year purely because neither club wants to trade with each other. And it looks like we did you a favour by not trading Fev, Pies got a premiership, Brissie got a shitload of pain.

Congrats on the flag, still hate the Pies beyond belief but they were easily the best team of the year and deserved it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton Want John Anthony

Remove this Banner Ad

Back