Rumour Cats Looking at E-Sports Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Attention all Gamers, soon you might be able to pull on the Hoops and represent the Cats
Meanwhile at Geelong, CEO Brian Cook recently told reporters he had instructed his staff to explore eSports.

" have got my data staff to present a recommendation to us on that," Cook said.

"That will be with us in the next couple of weeks, whether we go down that path."

ESports involves professional video game players competing in teams, or individually, for lucrative prize money. Competitions take place online and in stadiums and are watched by millions around the world.

The global eSports industry is estimated to be worth $1.2 billion. It attracts an annual audience of 239 million people mostly from the 14-to-34-year-old age group.

how do I join I’m dope at online games
Me too
qt4yZVL.gif

There is $$ in it .. big $$....

About 8 years ago I did a gig for G4 network over here - it was on Treasure Island in SFO bay...

They spent well over 500k on this event... and that was 8 years ago...

E sports will only grow....

Get in on it now IMO.

GO Catters

About 8 years ago I did a gig for G4 network over here - it was on Treasure Island in SFO bay...

They spent well over 500k on this event... and that was 8 years ago...

E sports will only grow....

Get in on it now IMO.

GO Catters

So what is it a revenue raiser ..or a sport ..or something else again?

So what is it a revenue raiser ..or a sport ..or something else again?
It's a "sport" fans pay to watch teams play a variety of games.
Comps have prize money in the 100's of thousands with top teams earning millions
https://www.esportsearnings.com

As to what the club might get from it? Exposure to sponsors would be the main one and another revenue stream being another, Best explained below

0*s1Er1w3c11yzMcwz.

Last edited:
It's a "sport" fans pay to watch teams play a variety of games.
Comps have prize money in the 100's of thousands with top teams earning millions
https://www.esportsearnings.com

As to what the club might get from it? Exposure to sponsors would be the main one and another revenue stream being another, Best explained below

0*s1Er1w3c11yzMcwz.

I have had some discussions over the years about which particular activities are sports... I do not understand how this is a sport really ... but I guess the term has really broadened.
Id always defined spot as having a definitive finishing line and/or it had a ball... but it seems more an more as long as its a competitive activity then its a sport. I have never really liked score based on judgement "sports" like diving or ice skating. Did I read Ballroom dancing wanted to be in the Olympics? Whats next Darts?..Chess ? Hotdog eating? MMA? This ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have had some discussions over the years about which particular activities are sports... I do not understand how this is a sport really ... but I guess the term has really broadened.
Id always defined spot as having a definitive finishing line and/or it had a ball... but it seems more an more as long as its a competitive activity then its a sport. I have never really liked score based on judgement "sports" like diving or ice skating. Did I read Ballroom dancing wanted to be in the Olympics? Whats next Darts?..Chess ? Hotdog eating? MMA? This ?

Teams playing Halo - have a finish - when all the members of a squad are dead.
Same for any online shoot em up type game... Tom Clancy Ghost Recon or similar... or Gran Turismo even.. drive to the win...

I guess its all a game but the definition of sport has diversified.

and for the record... ESPn covers Hotdog eating as a sport.. lol

GO Catters

I think it's fantastic that sport doesn't have to be for the athletically gifted any more.
I dunno if they have comps for fighting games but I used to love watching 2 awesome players go head to head in Mortal Kombat and Killer Instinct.
Was great.

I could see the club doing footy video game tournament, maybe other ball game based games. Hell organizing and branding any gaming competition could be lucrative. Just the fact that the club is branching out in inventive ways to produce revenue is a good move in my opinion.
Would be a good way to replace gambling revenue.

Almost an understatement.....The World Champ in League of Legends won 1 million USD...in South Korea its massive....screaming crowds in the thousands supporting two top grade gamers pitting their skills against one another.

Its massive....not surprised at all that a forward thinker like Cooke is already on the bandwagon...

This will embrace a whole new audience...

Almost an understatement.....The World Champ in League of Legends won 1 million USD...in South Korea its massive....screaming crowds in the thousands supporting two top grade gamers pitting their skills against one another.

Its massive....not surprised at all that a forward thinker like Cooke is already on the bandwagon...

This will embrace a whole new audience...
Just to back up this.

Here is the combined prize pool from ESport comps over the past few years

Capture.PNG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back