Review Cats triumph by 20 over reigning premiers and put another nail in their season

Remove this Banner Ad

By far our best of the 3 recent wins. We own the Bombers and the Hawks just didn't get going, but the Pies had a plan and executed it (even with injuries). To win even with a bit of sloppiness and some players down - just another professional performance on the path back to September.
Pies injuries are overstated, Mihocek, Howe and McCreery are all best 22 but Mitchell & Cox are cooked and McStay is an average player.

I genuinely don't know how we are in the position we are in, but god damn I will take it.
I
Lawson humphries is my fav player

Cameron needs to learn to kick drop punt set shots

Thought we had control for most of the game

Dempsey is our young star

Loving Stewart in the middle

Clark tries hard but don’t see him being more than an Atkins level player. Still need this type of player but let’s not blindly believe he’s anything more sbd just take it as it is.

Credit to the coaching
disagree with Clark. His slowly starting to come along and you got to understand his come in as an inside mid against men. These players take longer than your quick wingers or half backs. He will add size and confidence. Not many players come in and dominate on ball, most drift to half back to get them into it.

The changes the MC has made lately offsets how weird some of the selections and tactics were during that lull, bringing in Humpries and Mannagh has had an immediate impact, backing in Dempsey on the wing and we have seen him develop especially over the last month, SDK is totally revitalised after both going into the ruck and getting smashed by his brother [looks like its lit a fire under him], Stewart into the midfield has been something else.

Back to what was working earlier in the season where we had 7+ guys getting well into the 20s in disposals rather than one or two getting 30+, and even guys who didn't have the biggest nights like Neale, OHenry and Rohan [in terms of pure stats] still either impacted the scoreboard or in Rohans case it was pressure and inside 50s.

Was also to see Kolo, JHenry recover early issues and was great to see Tuohy recover from some frankly disastrous plays in the first half.

Selection headaches will be back on the menu soon, especially adding Bruhn to this midfield, hopefully Guthrie too.

Its also good to see how our forwardline likely functions next season if Hawkins doesn't go around again.

That win was set up the youngsters - Humphries, Dempsey , Neale, and co. Not once did Humphries look like he was going to turn the ball over tonight.
Wtf was the discussion with Ash Johnson while the game still had 5-6 mins to go.
Except ofcourse when he kicked it out on the full and turned it over.

Outside that his composure was insanely good. Now a lock in defence.

Bloody great professional effort tonight. Finished well after being a bit fumbly and dropping marks in the first half.

Absolutely loving Tom Stewart in the middle his toe pokes and crash and bash clearances are gold. DK in the ruck working well too. Jezza kicked a couple of marvellous high pressure goals tonight too. Another great team effort to beat the filth and we are rolling along nicely! 😍💪🐱👍

Thought it was an entertaining contest from the get go and we looked the more likely all night. Once we clamped down on errors we were off and running. Love Stewart in the middle. Love the kids. Some lovely footy. Go cats - toughed it out and earned a good win.
And did I see Atkins kick a very skilful, beautifully weighted pass into the forward line in that last 10 minutes? Was it him? Well done.

Last edited:
Was Neale injured? Thought that was his best game yet.

Copped a whack to the throat I think; came back on and continued to contribute, but was eventually subbed for O'Henry, who gave us some good run in the last.

Agree Neale was great early, but then again I have been really heartened with his contributions in 2024 in general, a few spilled grabs aside.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bloody great professional effort tonight. Finished well after being a bit fumbly and dropping marks in the first half.

Absolutely loving Tom Stewart in the middle his toe pokes and crash and bash clearances are gold. DK in the ruck working well too. Jezza kicked a couple of marvellous high pressure goals tonight too. Another great team effort to beat the filth and we are rolling along nicely! 😍💪🐱👍
Tom Stewart is really growing in the middle. Amazing.

That win was set up the youngsters - Humphries, Dempsey , Neale, and co. Not once did Humphries look like he was going to turn the ball over tonight.
Wtf was the discussion with Ash Johnson while the game still had 5-6 mins to go.
I was thinking the same thing,

FFS there is a live game - ffs comment on it.

But no it's fap time.

Review Cats triumph by 20 over reigning premiers and put another nail in their season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back