Review Cats triumph by 20 over reigning premiers and put another nail in their season

Remove this Banner Ad

Shout out to Atkins as well. Not surprised to see Nicky Daicos get 30+. He does every week but feel his impact was subdued compared to his normal standard.

Scotty said we'd put work into him and it certainly didn't feel like he was cutting us up and was the 3 votes match winning difference in the game.

Shout out to Atkins as well. Not surprised to see Nicky Daicos get 30+. He does every week but feel his impact was subdued compared to his normal standard.

Scotty said we'd put work into him and it certainly didn't feel like he was cutting us up and was the 3 votes match winning difference in the game.
He can have his 30+ if his efficiency is shit.

Was the frustrating to watch at times since you could see the gameplan we were going for to limit them, but we gifted them about half of their goals just by turning it over for no reason or dropping simple marks. We were a lot tidier in that last quarter though and did a brilliant job preventing them from coming back into the game.

I am still unsure what to think of the De Koning ruck situation. On one hand he is getting consistently involved and has averaged 20 disposals the last 4 weeks. On the other hand, he is still getting badly beaten in the ruck every week and still dropping a lot of marks which he would have easily held in 2022.

I’d forget about Guthrie this year. You couldn’t bring him straight in, it’d be unjustified.
I can’t see him coming back, not with this group starting to get back in sync. Humphries isn’t going out.

Daicos is embarrassing. He cried to the umps all game. And the umps look after him. Ablett jr copped a hard tag every single week and worked through it.
GAJ did exactly the same in 07, 08- cost him 2 Brownlows. When elite mids get sat on minute by minute, it's amazing they can still get 30 possessions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d forget about Guthrie this year. You couldn’t bring him straight in, it’d be unjustified.
Team cohesion leading into the finals would be the most important thing the MC would be looking at rather than trying to rush in a undone Guthrie who was struggling even before he came back briefly

Big question mark over him for next year

Anyone else think Ollie Henry showed some good aggression and want to pressure?

I think he always tries, Henry fans will quote you pressure acts which is effort, he just runs in treacle and can't physically catch people. Kicking that goal from the boundary to seal it is his skill, and a decent one at that.

Copped a whack to the throat I think; came back on and continued to contribute, but was eventually subbed for O'Henry, who gave us some good run in the last.

Agree Neale was great early, but then again I have been really heartened with his contributions in 2024 in general, a few spilled grabs aside.
I don't usually got for the aggregate stats but if you rate fantasy points Neale was the highest rated player on the ground at quarter time. Numbers aside I thought he always looked dangerous and brought teammates into it. I liked his tap down to close for a goal and his block for Cameron to mark and goal more than I liked the two he kicked himself.

But then he got crunched in the throat and he just seemed to disappear. Really hope it hasn't rattled his confidence

Hit outs are overrated. 58 to Cameron
Team cohesion leading into the finals would be the most important thing the MC would be looking at rather than trying to rush in a undone Guthrie who was struggling even before he came back briefly

Big question mark over him for next year
He needs to get back and put a good block together in the VFL.

Someone needs to tell the West Coast fans he was in their academy and they gave up on him during covid the way they gave up on everything else
Hope we can keep him.

Review Cats triumph by 20 over reigning premiers and put another nail in their season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back