Review Cats triumph by 20 over reigning premiers and put another nail in their season

Remove this Banner Ad

Was a nice stat during the game that if we stay where we are on the ladder, this will be the 10th time in the 14 years Chris Scott's been at the helm that we'll have finished top 4. Absolutely staggering stat.

Yes, yes and yes! I have been a bit critical of that element to his game, but his pressure, chasing and overall intensity was VERY noticeable.

On SM-A526B using BigFooty.com mobile app
So was I but his element is his lack of intensity and he showed this. His brother was the same early career and can drift back into that at times. If I was coaching him I’d be telling him that we just require intensity and want.

Meh performance i thought we were ok without being great. Our last qtr to chip it around and run the clock was really professional.

What i did like:
-Humphries-kid was cramping at the end and might need a rest soon but by gee hes got some dash and skill by foot. Definitely what we need.

-Mannagh-defensive pressure was really good again and whenever he had the ball made good decisions. Anyone who doesnt think hes best 22 is silly. Should be a lock from here. It will force dempsey and miers to play a lot more through the wing/mid but its a good structure for us anyway.

-Dempsey-his marking was class and his running to make outlet options was super.

-Neale-i loved some things he did especially his recovery on the ground for a big guy but needs to improve his marking-dropped 2 or 3 sodas.

-Holmes was great again for run and stewart taking centre bounces has covered us defensively.

-thought all our small fwds were great for pressure tonight.

-that was the best ive seen clark play (low base admittedly). Had some really classy touches by hand and foot and looks like hes finding the level. I still think he will fall out of the best 23 when bruhn is back but he shows a lot of promise.

What i didnt like.
-ruck-sdk was good in general play but we got smashed at actual ruck contests by a plodder in cameron. We will get away with it the next few weeks but i dont think we can win a PF against sydney or carlton in particular with this ruck setup. I know stanley is almost finished but they will have to consider him if conway cant get back.

-inside 50s-at times our last kick inside 50 (apart from miers and mannagh) wasnt great. Still need to improve it to beat the best.

-Groundball in d50. We were good in the air but at times didnt clean up d50 groundball well enough. Better sides than coll will exploit it.

Wells and the recruiting staff are a cheat code.

Finding guys like Dempsey and Humphries to go along with Jack Henry, Atkins, Close, Zach Guthrie and Miers since 2016 is gonna cause AFL HQ to change the draft rules and outlaw us from picking after pick 50.

Obvious hyperbole I know but we have really managed to find some good players who play their roles well.

And when that happens, it's going to piss off the opposition masses that we'll have 2 x Rising Star nominees this year, where one was a rookie with more of a basketball background & late convert to footy, and the other was pick 63 having been playing WAFL seconds
The candidates:

1. Reid (pick 1)
2. Darcy (pick 2)

3. Wardlaw (pick 4)
4. Dempsey (Rookie)
5. G.O.A.T (pick 63)

Anyone else think Ollie Henry showed some good aggression and want to pressure?

He was good. Kicks clutch goals too. Will be interesting next week as he wont be sub a 3rd time.
I dont think all of him rohan and neale fit so rohan probably goes to sub unless someone is dropped/rested.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a junk question in the Macrae presser. Bringing up Stengles goal like its some big controversy.
Media put more stress and pressure on umps than fans.

I loved Max Holmes game tonight.

The fact that he is signed up for the next 4 years is one of the great Geelong success stories for 2024 imo.

Collingwood were a rumored suitor and so it was sweet to see Max play so solidly tonight.

He may have played flashier games, where he bit off a bit more in terms of his elite running.

But I loved his ball use tonight, he was neat and clean in a way that spoke of his maturation as a footballer.

Last quarter when we needed to up the intensity he did just that without being particularly dominant.

Very good game.

Meh performance i thought we were ok without being great. Our last qtr to chip it around and run the clock was really professional.

What i did like:
-Humphries-kid was cramping at the end and might need a rest soon but by gee hes got some dash and skill by foot. Definitely what we need.

-Mannagh-defensive pressure was really good again and whenever he had the ball made good decisions. Anyone who doesnt think hes best 22 is silly. Should be a lock from here. It will force dempsey and miers to play a lot more through the wing/mid but its a good structure for us anyway.

-Dempsey-his marking was class and his running to make outlet options was super.

-Neale-i loved some things he did especially his recovery on the ground for a big guy but needs to improve his marking-dropped 2 or 3 sodas.

-Holmes was great again for run and stewart taking centre bounces has covered us defensively.

-thought all our small fwds were great for pressure tonight.

-that was the best ive seen clark play (low base admittedly). Had some really classy touches by hand and foot and looks like hes finding the level. I still think he will fall out of the best 23 when bruhn is back but he shows a lot of promise.

What i didnt like.
-ruck-sdk was good in general play but we got smashed at actual ruck contests by a plodder in cameron. We will get away with it the next few weeks but i dont think we can win a PF against sydney or carlton in particular with this ruck setup. I know stanley is almost finished but they will have to consider him if conway cant get back.

-inside 50s-at times our last kick inside 50 (apart from miers and mannagh) wasnt great. Still need to improve it to beat the best.

-Groundball in d50. We were good in the air but at times didnt clean up d50 groundball well enough. Better sides than coll will exploit it.
We won the clearances 42-36 and the centre clearances 16-6. SDK’s ruck work was fine.

Remember that time you missed a GF margin by 100pts??

Always happy to be 100 points off as long as the result goes the right way

Anyone still wanting Mullin in because he does 1-2 good things... Anyone.

Humphries just killed off that experiment in 3 games.

Theres still a role for mullin if we develop him as a big bodied clearance mid in the 2s (we will need that in a year or two as our mids are ageing). But as a defender hes nowhere near the side currently.

Review Cats triumph by 20 over reigning premiers and put another nail in their season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back