Review Cats triumph by 20 over reigning premiers and put another nail in their season

Remove this Banner Ad

We won the clearances 42-36 and the centre clearances 16-6. SDK’s ruck work was fine.

The hitouts were 64-22 and cameron had 4 clearances and 6 marks. De koning was great between the arcs but at the centre square he got smacked. Im not sure we can run this setup vs grundy and sydneys midfield. Will be a test of our coaching how we try to cover it.

Taken 18 rounds to find something I wanted but the 48 cats win sale has delivered a $97 polo for $45. 30% off and then the $20 members voucher redeemed.

Patience finally pays off.

I'll check out the sale - I've got $40 in vouchers and need to find something

What a junk question in the Macrae presser. Bringing up Stengles goal like its some big controversy.
He probably meant Moore dropping the ball 30m out from our goal and getting a goal up the other end out of it.

The hitouts were 64-22 and cameron had 4 clearances and 6 marks. De koning was great between the arcs but at the centre square he got smacked. Im not sure we can run this setup vs grundy and sydneys midfield. Will be a test of our coaching how we try to cover it.
How badly could he have been smacked in the centre square? We won the centre clearances 16-6.

What i didnt like.
-ruck-sdk was good in general play but we got smashed at actual ruck contests by a plodder in cameron. We will get away with it the next few weeks but i dont think we can win a PF against sydney or carlton in particular with this ruck setup. I know stanley is almost finished but they will have to consider him if conway cant get back.
We have improved as a team since DK has been rucking. Still time for you to be on the right side of history here…

I wouldn't say I ''want'' him (the missus is a different story) but I've been heartened by his progress.

Humphries has been great.
Humphries and Mullin on opposite back flanks is… exciting.

Wow. I thought Zac Guthrie was again in our best, but just saw that he kept Bobby Hill to negative stats. Healy thought Hill was to be the key to Pies winning(if there was a slim chance). Zac is in AA form. Love him.

Meanwhile we tried Stanley vs Sydney and Grundy and...... Lost centre clearances, stoppage clearances and overall clearances.

Stanley is yesterday's man and with Conway listed as TBC the options are SDK or SDK.
Stanley can have a farewell game v West Coast... With Bews and Hawkins.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most uncontested marks ever by Geelong. Chris Scott keeps finding ways to run a coaching clinic.

Two things have happened in the last month that have improved our form.

1) Players are playing for each other again, bringing each other into the game and being smart in playing to their teammates' strengths.

2) Chris Scott has put some effort into working out the opposition. A lot of the time this year he's been so focused on getting our game style right in the (probably correct) assumption that our best can beat anyone that he's overlooked other clubs' weaknesses. He found Collingwood's kryptonite today.

Did McRae really reference that we gave up three first round picks for Cameron?

THREE FIRST ROUND PICKS!!!!!!!

Haha. Clueless
Is he implying Lachie Schultz is worth a third of a Jeremy Cameron?? Hahahahaha

How good is mannagh. He busts his guts. His kick down the line to stengle between 4 pies was as good as you’ll get. Threaded the needle on a 45-50m bomb

This.

Two things have happened in the last month that have improved our form.

1) Players are playing for each other again, bringing each other into the game and being smart in playing to their teammates' strengths.

2) Chris Scott has put some effort into working out the opposition. A lot of the time this year he's been so focused on getting our game style right in the (probably correct) assumption that our best can beat anyone that he's overlooked other clubs' weaknesses. He found Collingwood's kryptonite today.
I think it's a bit simplistic to say that. He puts so much effort into the opposition week after week, and it starts almost as soon as the post match coach interview concludes.

Hawkins needs to have a pep talk by Cam Mooney. Let 2011 be a reminder. I think he will do the right thing for the team and for himself.
He will get a farewell game against WC, and then he will be out for the finals.

Real symmetry with Mooney in 2011, and Hawk was the one keeping him out of the team.

Hawk will do what is best for the team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Cats triumph by 20 over reigning premiers and put another nail in their season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back