Review Cats triumph by 20 over reigning premiers and put another nail in their season

Remove this Banner Ad

Danger is still such an obvious but maybe undervalued key to our success. With him out of the team, we simply looked rudderless; now, so many players are hanging onto his coat-tails when he starts running through CC's and out of packs. He is motivational and inspirational.
He’s an inspirational leader, we really missed him in the dark period

Lucky enough to watch the game whilst at work tonight.
What’s better than beating Collingwood on a Friday under lights?
Nuffin… absolutely Nuffin. Except beating them in a Granny of course lol 😂.
A couple kudos to give.
Zuthrie. Great job. Bobby just got a bath.
Holmes. Plenty of metres chewed up tonight. Solid blue collar game.
Miers and Bowes played well tonight.
Dempsey continues his assault on the Rising Star ⭐️.
Danger is a Fookin Beast.
SDK continues in having another red hot go.
Lastly young Humphries. like BP the silent achiever.
What can I say about the lad. He Brings a smile to my face.
Off to chase up my Magpie workmates as they disappeared really quickly tonight.
Cheers Boys.
GiddyUp Catters!

It was a game of uncharacteristic errors early on where Geelong players attacked the ball ferociously and sometimes left the ball behind for 3 or more pies players on their own. If they could have avoided that, it would probably have been a comfortable win. The cats’ blunders kept them in touch.

I actually thought the umpiring slightly favoured the cats. There were a couple of dicey non-decisions that could have gone the pies way. In saying that though, Naicos does get away with a number of incorrect disposals each game… tonight no exception. He is a gem though; not very fast or powerful, but very elusive, like his dad.

Last edited:
Interesting you say Geelong were fitter.

I was just looking at the Time On Ground for both teams. It's not the perfect indicator for fitness but it's pretty lopsided.

Geelong switching the ball early and often did a bit of a number on them too, I suspect.

View attachment 2046476
That's just our defenders (and confusingly Dempsey) absorbing game time so we can rotate the mids.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone still wanting Mullin in because he does 1-2 good things... Anyone.

Humphries just killed off that experiment in 3 games.
They’ll play plenty of games together and will compliment each other nicely in the back half.

Review Cats triumph by 20 over reigning premiers and put another nail in their season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back