Review Cats triumph by 20 over reigning premiers and put another nail in their season

Remove this Banner Ad

Um....does Hawkins get back in?

I doubt hes fit before r23 and the side will be too settled by then.
I think the fwd structure is better without him anyway.

Humphries and Mullin on opposite back flanks is… exciting.

With Dempsey and Holmes on the wings, and Conway in the middle giving first use to the likes of Bruhn, Clark and George Stevens....

Theres still a role for mullin if we develop him as a big bodied clearance mid in the 2s (we will need that in a year or two as our mids are ageing). But as a defender hes nowhere near the side currently.
I think Mullin is doing really well considering he's played maybe 2 dozen footy games ever.

There were 7 over 30s tonight. A good block of midfield minutes this year in the 2s and see what opportunities present next year.

What a junk question in the Macrae presser. Bringing up Stengles goal like its some big controversy.

Geelong haters, gonna hate- you just can't avoid them and their tin hat false controversies.
Another reason I love parading successful new players (especially late picks) under their collective noses.

Meanwhile we tried Stanley vs Sydney and Grundy and...... Lost centre clearances, stoppage clearances and overall clearances.

Stanley is yesterday's man and with Conway listed as TBC the options are SDK or SDK.
Stanley can have a farewell game v West Coast... With Bews and Hawkins.
And Parf?

Oh, and it's a great relief to say Shaun played well again. Really starting to look at home.
Love his gutz the little nugget.

He looks comfortable at the level.
The question is do the coaches love him again? (After not loving him earlier in the year). You would think hes earning his spot now.

There will be those that see DK morphing into the next Blicavs… and there will be those that quote hitout stats.

Adow GIF by A Discovery of Witches

I think it's a bit simplistic to say that. He puts so much effort into the opposition week after week, and it starts almost as soon as the post match coach interview concludes.

I dunno. It just seemed during our poor run earlier in the year we were trying too hard to get back to the 2022 style and it was playing right into our opponents' hands.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed.

Just feels a bit shitty if that's how his career effectively ends

It is hard because hes the nicest human being but its like how mooney missed out for him in 2011 hawkins needs to now do the same for OH and neale.

Still smiling at the thought of a bloke who was playing WAFL reserves last year just carved up the reigning premiers under lights on Friday night at the MCG in just his third AFL game. What a story this kid is.

If we had the ball in his hands more in the first half, we might've actually won by 6-7 goals.

The current team is almost our best mix. Just need Parf in and it will be perfect
Why you do me dirty like this. I was happy after tonight's game :sunglasses: :tearsofjoy:
I wouldn't say I ''want'' him (the missus is a different story) but I've been heartened by his progress.

Humphries has been great.

I’ve still got belief in Mullin, but I think he’ll be a midfielder.

Humphries is absolute class. No reason they both can’t play in the same team
My comment was not a remark about his future. I am all aboard the teach him the game in the 2's and re-assess in 2025 basket.

He could become a very good player and make Wells look like a genius that other club fans envy even more in time. But have been in the camp all 2024 that he's not ready and needs to crawl in the VFL before walking in the AFL. Just like J.Henry, Miers, Neale, Dempsey etc all have done at Geelong. Who knows, maybe Mullin, Clohesy or even Willis could be another Bankers graduate in 2025.

Wow. I thought Zac Guthrie was again in our best, but just saw that he kept Bobby Hill to negative stats. Healy thought Hill was to be the key to Pies winning(if there was a slim chance). Zac is in AA form. Love him.
Absolutely smacked him. Hills only touches were worthless ones up the ground. Outstanding job tonight Zach Guthrie, super reliable as always.

The question is do the coaches love him again? (After not loving him earlier in the year). You would think hes earning his spot now.

Yep they do. He's just fine tuning. Equal top tackles with Atkins and Dempsey with less TOG.
Given others have had plenty of latitude to find their feet, suggest he'll stay in.

I dunno. It just seemed during our poor run earlier in the year we were trying too hard to get back to the 2022 style and it was playing right into our opponents' hands.
Danger is still such an obvious but maybe undervalued key to our success. With him out of the team, we simply looked rudderless; now, so many players are hanging onto his coat-tails when he starts running through CC's and out of packs. He is motivational and inspirational.

He has to stay. He’s electric. When he tried to get it to jezz late and got nudged on the kick and it went through for a behind he couldn’t tell jezz quick enough that he was trying to get it to him. Looks like he’s doing his absolute best to follow instructions. Must stay

Thats all very well and good but grundy gets out the front of stoppage better than most and sydney have mids that will kill you like that. Scott is going to have to do some cheat code coaching tactically to cover DKs inability to win hitouts if we get them in a final. Against all the average sides it will be ok but a sydney type can put 6 goals in 5 mins on you like that.

Absolutely smacked him. Hills only touches were worthless ones up the ground. Outstanding job tonight Zach Guthrie, super reliable as always.

Shame BT thought it was his brother Cam though....

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Cats triumph by 20 over reigning premiers and put another nail in their season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back