Review Cats triumph by 20 over reigning premiers and put another nail in their season

Remove this Banner Ad

Scrappy win a lot of mistakes from both sides but excellent coaching and the players grinded out the win

Neale was on track for a big game before he got clocked in the throat he will have a big break out game very soon
Dempsey is life
Mannagh another good performance and should hold his spot
Humphries again showing class that we have missed a bit in the backline should hold his spot
OH showed some serious intent to chase and pressure which is all i ask of him as the goals will come he is that talented

Now for the now so new players

Miers is so damn good at finding target and is the best kick inside 50 in the comp
Danger is just wow the amount of bull he delivers at his age with bursts is just insane
Zuthrie well done lad great job on Bobby Hill who should just have stayed home

Also special mention that i had a very good seat for that Elliot hanger was ****ing awesome
I reckon we're getting beyond that discussion with Lawson now.

He's quickly becoming a real difference maker, rather than just a developing kid.

Should stay in unless he stinks it up for 3 weeks in a row minimum for mine.

Ash Johnson was the OH replacement the Pies fans kept touting - now he's about barely an emergency with all their forwards out.

Times changed a lot there

GO Catters

Ash is cooked even in the vfl. Done.

I think they got this one right. A few weeks ago we were all lamenting the fact the umpire had decided to bring the kick back when we had taken the advantage and scored. Miers heard the whistle and the call and chose to continue the play. Blicavs should have known better. Similarly with Holmes earlier in the game.
Yeah I love Blics, but he’s prone to dumb shit like that.

There is no way if Stanley is fit id be putting SDK in the ruck against English..
Please I'm not bagging out SDK, but his only a backup ruck at best all our ruck are injured..Stanley was one of our best players when we played Bulldogs over Adelaide, he actually beat him
English is the one ruck I am happy for him to compete against, zero physical pressure.

I love it when a win win trade happens. Sav seems to be going well in the top 22 at Port after several years being trained up in the Geelong way, and we got what appears to be a red hot up and comer in Humphreys.
I expected sav to be a big win to Port but they were better with in out injured

Bowes is building nicely now that danger is back. It takes a lot of pressure off him. 24 disposals, 7 clearances and 1 goal is exactly what you want from him. Flying under the radar
Bowes has become a bit of a barometer for us.

This season we are 6-0 in games where he's had 23 disposals or more. 2-5 in games where he's had less than 23 disposals.

I really think we might've snatched one or both of the Port/GWS games if Bowes had played full games (and played well), instead of missing the Port game and being relegated to sub for the GWS game.

I reckon we're getting beyond that discussion with Lawson now.

He's quickly becoming a real difference maker, rather than just a developing kid.

Should stay in unless he stinks it up for 3 weeks in a row minimum for mine.
As much as i want Humphries locked into the best 22 from now on he is 3 games in and we all know young players can be up and down and have patches of bad form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

English is the one ruck I am happy for him to compete against, zero physical pressure.

Sdk will be fine against english.
But we wont be fine against darcy (he will monster henry) plus juh and naughton (lobb will probably play back on neale) without sdk there so id be surprised if stanley doesnt play for this reason.

Daicos was the man that kept them in it all game. We couldn’t shut him down . Annoying seeing him dominate and dictate play ….
I felt degoey looked more dangerous. Daicos could get it and give it off but only to sort recievers because he was always under pressure. De Goey was the one finding an attacking clearance

This is Avatar worthy :)

GSScCKxagAUSfkb

100% agree. ;)

Sdk will be fine against english.
But we wont be fine against darcy (he will monster henry) plus juh and naughton (lobb will probably play back on neale) without sdk there so id be surprised if stanley doesnt play for this reason.
Yeah agree. SDK great match up for Darcy (and not many are)

Only just realised now we have a 8day break…pretty good for the seniors to recover now after the last few weeks
8 day break with curtain raiser.

Wasn’t able to watch the game, what position did Clark play? Looking at the tracker I would guess they had him on the wing? A lot of uncontested possessions and a high disposal efficiency. Maybe keeping him out of the guts for now to get him in the game

Attachments

• IMG_5033.png
    IMG_5033.png
    255.4 KB · Views: 22
Wasn’t able to watch the game, what position did Clark play? Looking at the tracker I would guess they had him on the wing? A lot of uncontested possessions and a high disposal efficiency. Maybe keeping him out of the guts for now to get him in the game
At the ground it looked like he played mostly wing

It works in ⚽ where the ref signals with an arm but holds off on blowing the whistle until it's clear there's no advantage. The AFL chose a different path with it being the player's decision and the umpire calling play on advantage.

I used to think when it was introduced that the AFL had screwed it up by choosing to do it that way, but now I just think so long as they apply it consistently it's fine.

Having an advantage rule is definitely good for the game. Miers and Blitz were the ones who screwed up in this instance.
Can’t agree at all. The rule is hot garbage. The worst aspect of AFL rules by a large margin. Easy to fix too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Cats triumph by 20 over reigning premiers and put another nail in their season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back