Review Cats triumph by 20 over reigning premiers and put another nail in their season

Remove this Banner Ad

This is Avatar worthy :)

GSScCKxagAUSfkb
Yes but needs Doritos lol

Allways pleased when the Cats win , vital game in the context of the season , and as others have posted this season is like 22 and 23 , no world beating sides far from it , so any team who play well in Sept can win another Premiership , i didnt think it was much of a game , 150 plus marks , unfortunately thats creeping back into AFL football again - yuk

I just think Hawkins should announce his retirement so it doesnt put the coach and selectors in an awkward position , hes had a great career but he is certainly isnt in Geelongs best 22 anymore

Hardly a football punter at all , just have a couple of futures type bets each season , and i did post after we beat Ess , that the $18 then on offer i thought was overs for Geel to win the premiership , thus i chucked a $100 on us , and we are now currently 3rd fave at $9

Mind you before the start of the year i allways like to back 1 side to make the 8 , and i had $100 on the Mighty Tigers at the $5 on offer , just wondering if i can write that loss off on my Tax , ha , ha , ha

When can we expect a decision on Stewart’s bump on Kreuger? I thought we’d know this arvo. For the record, there is no way he should miss a week for that but then again, neither should have Heeny! It’s a bloody lottery!

When can we expect a decision on Stewart’s bump on Kreuger? I thought we’d know this arvo. For the record, there is no way he should miss a week for that but then again, neither should have Heeny! It’s a bloody lottery!
I can give you the all clear right now. No case to answer.

It'll be interesting to see how teams plan against Humphries going forward.

I can't imagine they'll let him run riot after seeing what he's done the last few weeks
They will have other players to worry about, if they lock down Humphries that lets someone else get loose. That would be like if Bruhn comes back and teams decide to lock him down in midfield and let Stewart and Danger do what they want.

If they go hard at Humphries that probably lets Duncan have time and space, literally the worst player to allow off half back with the ball.

Can’t agree at all. The rule is hot garbage. The worst aspect of AFL rules by a large margin. Easy to fix too.
So you would make it like the rule in soccer?

Personally I prefer that rule too. But the AFL made their call on it years ago and I don't think it was the worst decision.

The two sports have some aspects that make them distinct wrt advantage. In soccer you either score or you don't. But in aussie rules, would scoring a behind be considered an advantage when you're 1 point down in the dying seconds, or would you rather have the kick back for the chance at a goal with the potential also for no score?

You can't leave that sort of decision about 'advantage' entirely up to the umpire. I can see the sense in just saying that if there is a choice by any player on the side who received the free-kick to continue the play once the whistle is blown then the umpire can call play on advantage and its simply play on.

So you would make it like the rule in soccer?

Personally I prefer that rule too. But the AFL made their call on it years ago and I don't think it was the worst decision.

The two sports have some aspects that make them distinct wrt advantage. In soccer you either score or you don't. But in aussie rules, would scoring a behind be considered an advantage when you're 1 point down in the dying seconds, or would you rather have the kick back for the chance at a goal with the potential also for no score?

You can't leave that sort of decision about 'advantage' entirely up to the umpire. I can see the sense in just saying that if there is a choice by any player on the side who received the free-kick to continue the play once the whistle is blown then the umpire can call play on advantage and its simply play on.
It doesn’t have to go as far as soccer or rugby. You could do a lot of good just by giving the option to the umpire to not blow the whistle, to instead just signal, and to see how the play unfolds for a small while. There’s zero in the way of doing that right now.

Leaving it to the player is nothing like what the advantage rule is intended to achieve. It often makes the infringed team worse off, which is farcical. The opposite of what an advantage rule is intended to achieve.

Just watched the replay. Clark a lot more involved that I realised last night.
Yep, the haters got to relax a bit. He is going to be very good.

Dockers and Blues losing helping us. See how demons go tonight.

Just watched the replay. Clark a lot more involved that I realised last night.
Did it last week so may as well do it again for this round.

Jhye Clark, pick 8 2022 draft: 16 disposals from 55% game time.

Cam Mackenzie, pick 5 2022 draft: 9 disposals from 59% game time.

The fact we've been able to pump as many games into him as we have despite sitting top 4 at this point of the year is worthy of kudos.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did it last week so may as well do it again for this round.

Jhye Clark, pick 8 2022 draft: 16 disposals from 55% game time.

Cam Mackenzie, pick 5 2022 draft: 9 disposals from 59% game time.

The fact we've been able to pump as many games into him as we have despite sitting top 4 at this point of the year is worthy of kudos.
I'm a Jhye Clark supporter. I expect him to be a valuable player of us over many years. Just didn't realise he did so much, particularly with the game time.

Dangerfield with 10 inside 50s. The next best player on the ground had 6.

He's still a machine.

Compare that with Dusty and even Pendles right now. They have lost their hurt factor. Dangerfield is still our main driver. Losing him will hurt.
Out of the "holy trinity" (Danger, Dusty and Fyfe), Danger, by far, most closely resembles his former glory when he's on. Fyfe and Dusty haven't played a blinder for a quite some time.

Dusty doesn't seem to have the will any more, and Fyfe's body has given him grief. Both he and Dusty are still serviceable, while Danger is incredibly important to our chances in 2024.

Few people are knocking Clark per se. I just reckon he's a few kg light. If we were picking a Grand Final team tonight with the currently fit squad I'd have Parfitt and Shark ahead of him. But I don't begrudge him the games he's getting now because they're an investment that will pay off big time in 2025.

Yeah agree. SDK great match up for Darcy (and not many are)

I would say it will be
Stanley vs english
Sdk vs darcy
Henry vs juh
Kolo vs naughton
Up the other end
Neale vs lobb
I think they will run khamis on cameron again unless keath comes in (khamis was good last time but we can exploit this)
Coffield will get ollie h (again exploitable)
We will need a plan for bont

The interesting thing will be do we take a forward out for stanley in (such as rest or sub rohan) or is it an older runner (tuohy would be the logical one) that sits out.
I would have said clark out but he might get another game if bruhns not ready yet.

Few people are knocking Clark per se. I just reckon he's a few kg light. If we were picking a Grand Final team tonight with the currently fit squad I'd have Parfitt and Shark ahead of him. But I don't begrudge him the games he's getting now because they're an investment that will pay off big time in 2025.

Parfitt and shark arent b22 anyway.
In reality it will be bruhn and mannagh picked ahead of clark.

I'm right here, i tipped the Cats to win and applaud the inclusion of newbies Humphries and Mannagh, SDK in the ruck and a new lease of life has been injected into the team. Things had to change and they have, you can't just sit back and accept defeat, you have to do something constructive to help turn it around. Nobody is happier than i am that they have done just that. No prizes for 2nd best.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Cats triumph by 20 over reigning premiers and put another nail in their season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back